• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

R.i.p. Zerk parry 2015-2018

t3n3x

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Russia
Why you removed fast-blocking move from game? Zerk's goal is in ability of fast-blocking: 1 - Cuz he is Zerk and meele-master. 2 - His fights is close-in type, and on HoE unblocked hit making lot of damage, and fastly takes away lot of hp.
Perk on 100HP even with that slow "regeneration" stuff on HoE now just useless. I'm very dissappointed. Sad that developers just dot't cares about perk mechanics and listening random idiots, that whining about "Zerk is imbalansed, blablabla", but Berserker wasn't imbalansed, it was just needed to know how to block, and now it's just auto-atacker. It's maybe ok to forbid spamming of block moves, but now it's impossible just to use it fast at any moment. You just killed Zerk mechanic. Earlier he had to block attacks and hitting after that, and now he's just "auto-attacker" - you can just jam right mouse button and play all game by this way.

jqyXAd2.jpg

t3n3x;n2319453 said:
They removed fast block & block at any time, for example during attack, and now block can be used only when you no attacking

Alright, yeah that's what I'm talking about. The only way you could do it now is if you Press "R" while attacking to cancel the attack then you can instant block. It requires more button work (which I do hate..) but it's still semi there. I do still hate how they "nerfed" it though, it wasn't necessary.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2319463 said:
I...dont understand the issue. When I want to parry off a zed, I don't even hit the attack button at all. I just wait for right moment to parry their attack, then I go to town on them.

Not sure if you're new to the game or just berserker.. point is, while you're "going to town" on someone, you have to fully wait for the attack animation to finish in order to block. While before this update, if you initiated an attack, if you were able to block at anytime during the attack animation. This can be a pain in the *** for very slow melee weapons or if you're a low berserker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Deadliest Luigi;n2319469 said:
Not sure if you're new to the game or just berserker.. point is, while you're "going to town" on someone, you have to fully wait for the attack animation to finish in order to block. While before this update, if you initiated an attack, if you were able to block at anytime during the attack animation. This can be a pain in the *** for very slow melee weapons or if you're a low berserker.

If you saw my steam page you'd see I'm the opposite, so your first sentence is just plain rude. I tend to use fast swinging melee weapons so this is hardly an issue. Even with the zweihander it's more about timing your swings since it has the slowest speed of all of them. Every other weapon should hardly feel this 'nerf'.

Upvote 0
MikeHoncho;n2319573 said:
Sounds like you don't play zerk at all and probably shouldn't comment.

Argument ad hominen? Yeah, I guess you know every detail of my life buddy :coolstorybro: since you are so good at getting information from a limited source, how about you give me the winning lottery numbers and stock market details while you are at it?

But if you can't play Berserker well because the skill floor have been raised by this change, I have news for you.

Upvote 0
TheAphabet;n2319596 said:
But if you can't play Berserker well because the skill floor have been raised by this change, I have news for you.

Already beat both new maps on HoE more times than I can remember and did a 50 wave endless on Airship before quitting the match. My point is zerk is not fun to play now compared to before. Parrying is clunky and unresponsive and you have to waste time waiting to parry instead of attacking. It's a huge step backwards in gameplay.

Upvote 0