• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cosmetics are an Ugly Mess

MikeHoncho

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2015
Just wanted to rant about this since there are so many cosmetics now that it's gotten pretty bad. Just random combinations of whatever crap people have unlocked that looks terrible. Everything is mismatched, and some of these hats and masks people wear... Jesus I don't even know wtf they're supposed to be. I miss the characters from KF1. This really takes away from the atmosphere and feel of the game so much imo. Like why the **** do you have a fish on your head and you're wearing golden sunglasses and a teddybear backpack??? Can I have Security Officer Thorne back please?

I really hope you guys made some money off this. Still love the game btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: missing_trigger
Yeah, I was never really digging all the goofy sunglasses, pajamas, or stuffed animal hats.. just anything ridiculous looking in general. I do however dig a lot of the masks though as well as any tactical gear. Hoping that Vietnam stuff that IJC made gets curated. A lot of stuff IJC makes needs to get curated. They are on par with KF2 devs as far as quality goes and they make really cool items

Upvote 0
I think some of the cosmetics look really nice, if anything I think it bugs me a bit how much of them don't have anything to do with the theme of the character they're on. If TWI just tightened up the future cosmetics to match the characters a tad more (ex: instead of pajamas, have some boots or spike bracelet for Ana) it'd make the game look way nicer.

That's not to say some of the goofy stuff isn't nice too (Batcat for the biker guy instance), but it's nice because it's the opposite of what you'd expect the character to wear, so it's still playing off the character theme rather than being completely unrelated to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0