• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are drops nonexistant now since the holidays?

Vahnkiljoy

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
In MULTIPLE HOUR sessions I get ONE drop on the first game after that it's just utterly nothing, why did you even bother making this 'zedconomy' when it barely even gives anything out? Really makes your crafting system a massive joke with your inane 10 item requirement to even make something.

I agree, I don't care about the extra drop rates or normal drop rates. Why care about the consumer if he doesn't even bother using your product? Getting an item should be based on certain factors such as time spent ingame, matches played, all dailies completed, weekly completed, etc. You shouldn't get a drop if you start a solo match and nade yourself, you need to play an actual match up to a certain wave before getting a drop. People should be encouraged to play the game for rewards and discouraged from just logging in to get a free suicide box, cosmetic or weapon skin.

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2313484 said:
I play 2 or 3 games every couple days.. and I get at least 1 drop a night.

That seems fine IMO...
It really isn't since you'll need 10 drops to craft an item and most of the time all you randomly get is crates. Which means that you'll need 10 days to craft a single item which, most probably, will be a common drop anyway. I don't want to drop valuable stuff all the time (customizing characters isn't really my cup of tea), but right now the crafting system is pretty underwhelming.

Upvote 0
thresher3253;n2313499 said:
It really isn't since you'll need 10 drops to craft an item and most of the time all you randomly get is crates. Which means that you'll need 10 days to craft a single item which, most probably, will be a common drop anyway. I don't want to drop valuable stuff all the time (customizing characters isn't really my cup of tea), but right now the crafting system is pretty underwhelming.

You cant get common drops with crafting.

honestly i probably get an uncommon drop every <20 drops, and at least a rare a month. My tip is that when you get an uncommon or rare, check the price of it on the market first in case you dont think its worth 1/10th a random drop of the new rarest grade of item. ill only really sell if its a good amount though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Without injecting any real money in my wallet I could buy lot of things from KF 2 market to craft even more items.. Grinding the lowest tier items is really long process if you want to climb to the highest tier, but once you start to sell the valuable items that you free drop (the ones you don't want to keep), then you can buy either the lowest cost crate/usb in large quantity, or the higher tier (but cheapest) items to recycle them.. or even to keep. I even was able to buy a crate key (to support one of my friend which had his Plage Doctor mask added to the game).

Also resell all the useless junk you got in Steam like cards (sure you have lot of games you never started which have cards to drop, you can use that to farm your card without installing the games and using resources https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3qopmd/archis_steam_cards_farm/ but I do not guarantee it is safe, I don't know anyone who use it who had trouble but Steam has its rules and this is not really allowed to use but nobody got in trouble to.. so.. do what you want), then when you have loads of cards, sell them for the current price you'll make money out of it, then reinject money in KF 2 market..

So yeah without using real money you can go further than just waiting for 3 years for crafting a high rarity item.

Upvote 0