• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Calling in the guy with berserker gauntlet type of idea

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    I think your idea got affected by broke asss spam filter, and i don't want it to die.

the idea of having like a power armor thing for bers to use combos to deal damage, can easily become its own standalone thing and replace survivalist with the martial artist that we wanted.
    Having fighting game style mechanics and do combos to deal different types of damage.
    and that sketch was 10/10 for how the character would look like when using the perk.

Last edited:
    Reactions: missing_trigger
    Sorry, TWI Forums flagged it as spam after I edited the price from 1800 Dosh to 2200 Dosh and some of its stats over a few posts spread over some hours... Turns out maybe the edits over time doesn't really matter.
    I did not want to repost it in case by some miracle it resurfaces.

Here is a rewrite from memory but I might be missing some of the details.

The Horzine Emperor (Berserker)
    "It's time to bully the bully."

Born from a fevered dream, the Horzine Emperor allows welders to smash through cinder blocks like paper... Provided first that one can carry it.

Cost:
    2200 Dosh

Stats:
    300 energy (+50 per ammo box)
    0 energy or energy-off mode significantly reduces attack power
    Combos use same energy but deals effects (i.e. stun, flying), higher damage and attacks chain
    alt-fire toggles energy mode on/off

-10% walking/running speed
    +15% parry and defense (does not block projectiles)

Left click: Quick jabs (5 energy)
    Right click: Hard hits, sends small Zeds flying and higher chance of stunning large Zeds (10 energy)

Combos (energy equivalent to number of L and R attacks):
    (L+L+L): Standard jab combo, chains quickly
    (L+L+R): Two quick jabs followed by a heavy hit with high damage
    (L+L+R+R): Combo that ends with a kick, sends most Zeds flying and third attack has higher chance of stunning
    (L+L+L+R): Quick jabs ending with an upper cut
    (L+R): Standard one-two that knocks out small Zeds and some medium Zeds
    (R+L): Low damage, wide swiping attack that clears a small conical area in front of player
    (Parry + L/R): After a successful parry, counter for additional damage and higher chance of stunning

Emperor01.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: s5yn3t
    Upvote 0
    [double post because I don't want to edit again]

Honestly the Martial Artist's (MA) skill tree could have been choice of combo options instead of improved stats/weapon effects, i.e. Left skill tree grants access to new light combos (left-click attacks) and Right skill tree for heavy combos (right-click attacks).

This would make the MA a high-learning curve class, and distinct from the Berserker's realm in that the speed, defense and attack bonuses are passive bonuses.

Upvote 0