• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Yes, KF2 is easier. But is it really a bad thing?

Servalion;n2313225 said:
Oh. Well, ok. On the other hand, who calls gun mods "cosmetics"? Those are "accessories" or "attachments". "Cosmetics" got me thinking of player accessories like outfits, hats, backpacks, and the like. I guess this works better.

In my original post I called it weapon mods but someone called it cosmetics so I went along with it, sorry about that. Just to make it clear, I don't want precious items to stun enemies when they target you like a flashbang does or a zed to vomit because you have bad fashion sense.
​​​​

taiiat;n2313219 said:
i play for fun too - but making a good or educated choice does require information.

you are actually doing that sort of math (not that exact math but whatever) in that situation, though. your brain is calculating information and deciding what the appropriate choice is. you are deciding what angle to throw at, you are deciding how hard you should throw it, you are deciding how likely it is that your opponent will successfully block it based on what he's doing, Et Cetera.
inside of a game where there is... 100,000 times less information available to you just by looking around than there is in reality (because games have very limited 'resolution' while reality is infinite; games have to add details for it to be usable but in reality it's all there to begin with).
but anyways having some numbers is also great for practicality... it's a lot easier to remember what a Skill actually does if there is some information on it instead of vague for the sake of.
that's a nice matter compacting magazine that warps the reality of space time. does it.... increase Magazine Size to 50,000rds? no? oh.....

there's a big difference between playing through a Spreadsheet and having basic stats about what the game even does (ideally with denoting whether numbers are Additive or Multiplicative.... but i digress).

Yeah, I get what you mean. I just don't like games similar to WoW and what not since it's a boring numbers game. You don't need to make a game where enemies have 100 billion health and you deal 10 billion damage per attack when you can make it have 100 health and 10 damage then rely on your dodging, armor and combat skills/tactics you've learnt through levelling up to be able to take them out with minimal damage. Then again, maybe I'm just a practical kinda guy.

Upvote 0
TheTCREngineer;n2313208 said:
"head don't explode irl" Alright, how about you try smacking people in the face with a gun as if it was a bat and tell me if the first strike makes their head explode into pieces will ya?

dawg, i specifically said that wasnt realistic..... you should learn to read and also be less of an insufferable twerp who has to personally insult everyone in the thread in order to sound credible.:p

You clearly read what i wrote, and for some reason thought i meant the opposite. Maybe dont drink and forum so much? :rolleyes:

Also i was not even specifically talking to you. smh

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2313230 said:
dawg, i specifically said that wasnt realistic..... you should learn to read and also be less of an insufferable twerp who has to personally insult everyone in the thread in order to sound credible.:p

You clearly read what i wrote, and for some reason thought i meant the opposite. Maybe dont drink and forum so much? :rolleyes:

Also i was not even specifically talking to you. smh

You barely read peoples posts, giving up halfway through and then give a half-assed response. I did the same to you and you immediately resort to insulting. If you're going to treat people this way expect it to fling back at you. Defending my points without insulting others is what I'm exactly doing, you've read someones response to my post and made a reply that made another guy get confused on what I was saying. I don't want someone puttinh words in my mouth telling me I'm in the wrong if you can't even bother to take the time out of your day to actually read what I've said. Anyway, here, let me correct my mistake in that post for you: "Whether it's a core mechanic or not, a head exploding from a weapon bash is dumb and I want it removed. Heads exploding from ballistics, blunt weapons(to some extent) and some other stuff is fine".

s5yn3t;n2313231 said:
Can you guys stop beefing over realism? this is a game for crying out loud and you keep derailing from the topic.
Just DM one another until you both settle the beef and open a can of beer or smth... (im enjoying a belgian beer myself : D)

Arguing and banter is fun though :( As for derailing...I've responded to Op saying people who say the game is easier without any other reason don't deserve to review the game, to then stating things I and some other friends I've talked to don't like about the game, which difficulty does have some parts in it. Mainly because the way some perks are balanced(and their horrible skills)and how zeds don't differ much per difficulty(as the devs have promised to make each zed interesting on each difficulty). Now they're just going to add new variants of a zed instead of improving the current ones which suck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TheTCREngineer;n2313237 said:
Anyway, here, let me correct my mistake in that post for you: "Whether it's a core mechanic or not, a head exploding from a weapon bash is dumb and I want it removed. Heads exploding from ballistics, blunt weapons(to some extent) and some other stuff is fine".

Great, so we can agree you were wrong and freaked out at me for no reason. Guess i can consider this one settled and leave you to your own opinion.

:)

Upvote 0
TheTCREngineer;n2313152 said:
1. A person's head isn't something prone to exploding when a blunt object is smashed against the front of it either, tweak it to not make the head explode but deal "internal" head damage(similar to how KF1's low-gore decaps didn't make the heads explode but the zed died out of bleed out and staggered around confused).

2. I'm not talking about Flex, I'm talking about how KF1 didn't need flex for body parts to fly about and stain the wall. I'm talking about how Brutal Doom managed to have bits and pieces fly out of dead monsters, stain the wall on impact and slid down, without needing flex. This has nothing to do with Flex because it's completely flawed at portraying proper physics of intestines, making them feel like confetti streamers. I'm talking about giving an accessible option for all players to see guts fly out of zeds when they're blown to pieces rather than a hole appearing with nothing falling out because the skin, meat, and other internal organs apparently got eviscerated into nothing from a shotgun shot to the belly.

3 & 4. This doesn't fix anything though. The Headgore is still limited to 2 pieces of the head, I'd talk more about the gore but my mate does it better and he has an update video as well reiterating the same points with the gore I've got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulHT3Kg9bB4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cig-XA07iPw

5. Weapon Specific Responses and Skill Related Respones is not a good idea in the first place. Consistency is key, making a specific weapon e.g pulverizer knock down zeds but a shotgun at point blank not knocking down zeds is just stupid. There are much better ways to deal with this.

6. Whether it's intentional or not, it's a bad idea and is a reason why I'm calling it a con. I dislike this idea that the Fleshpound suddenly stops from his angry running animation because he doesn't want to run the poor little siren over, push the clots out of his way and grind the bloats into pieces just to pound Mr. Foster.

Thanks for your response!
!

1. Actually, it's quite simple. An object with enough mass and force can shatter a person's head. In real life, you'll usually see this with high caliber ammunition, and it's never pretty. In this game, it makes a lot of sense for a sledgehammer and mace to crush a skull. For guns, it almost makes no sense, but then you take into account that most trash zeds have weak bodies, so it stands to reason that their heads don't have strong bones the bigger zeds.

2. From your suggestion, you already get this from using explosives (as in the entire body is nothing but paste). Adding the option to have organs spilling out from a shotgun wound does sound nice, though that would require some extra coding which I don't how long it would take for the devs to make. They had enough issues with getting Flex to work properly, and even then some people still have performance issues.

3 & 4. If TW comes up with an updated gore system, they'll let us know. However, since everyone has different PCs, it's unsure how everyone's machines could handle an update like that. Then again, you need a good PC to run this game anyways.

5. Sometimes I believe this is due to lag in projectile collision, in which cases it causes rounds to miss. It's been frustrating me a lot when I shoot a stalker point blank (with the DB), and some how it missed or grazed. Since melee weapons have a tighter hit prediction, it's easier for them to score hits. But shotguns in general will cause zeds to stumble or outright kill them, so I'm not too worried about this. Why worry about knocking something down when you have a weapon that will usually kill upon hit?

6. As cool as it would be to see a FP doing that, you should look at it from a gameplay perspective. If a FP ends up killing or knocking down all those zeds just to reach a player, it decreases the strength of the horde and makes it easier for the player. It could also cause those zeds to attack the FP in a way that happens a lot with the Husk nowadays. So I'm assuming TW realized this unnecessarily brought down the difficulty and changed it to what it is now. However, it would be nice to see a FP knock every zed out of the way when it's charging so it could reach the player quicker. Seeing a raged pound stuck behind 3 walking scrakes is like being stuck behind a cruising driver in the fast lane.

Reactions: oldmidget
Upvote 0