• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cheating in solo offline

omano;n2313087 said:
Game is VAC secured so.. think.

edit: by the way there are already ways to insta grind your perk TWI tried already to counter that but the method is still available. I will not explain anything but I see that it still exists when I try to find games in HOE...............

SPTM?

BTW OP, skipping the levels and then thinking you will go straight to sui/HOE, with a much better chance at success, will probably give you a rude awakening. The levels dont mean much, because everyone has to play the game for a few hours in order to learn just a single perk to compete at the HOE level(regardless of level, or time to level.) I mean, your chances of getting into a group with 5 players who will carry you through to boss no problem, are much smaller than a group of a lvl 3 medic, 2 survivalists, and a smattering of other bozos who will sell everything you drop when you inevitably die.

In fact, you would be lucky to die simply from running from a horde of zeds before you get to a doorway with a strange man in a gasmask with giant googly eyes in a chicken suit closes the door and welds you in just to savor the sounds of you being shredded alive by dozens of zeds. Afterwards, they will most likely open the door and dance upon your corpse, all the while that fleshpound that killed you is standing right next to them showboating like he just scored a touchdown. Better that than getting bodyblocked by two people in the trader on west london, or being suddenly murdered on Zedsplosion along with most your team by the token team Psychopath(theres always atleast 1 on every individual online game server.)

One thing i would suggest though is to skip normal and go straight to hard.

I would suggest however that you dont even pay attention to the levels, and forget about exp. This game is alot more fun when you dont focus on anything other than playing the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2313098 said:
SPTM?

BTW OP, skipping the levels and then thinking you will go straight to sui/HOE, with a much better chance at success, will probably give you a rude awakening. The levels dont mean much, because everyone has to play the game for a few hours in order to learn just a single perk to compete at the HOE level(regardless of level, or time to level.) I mean, your chances of getting into a group with 5 players who will carry you through to boss no problem, are much smaller than a group of a lvl 3 medic, 2 survivalists, and a smattering of other bozos who will sell everything you drop when you inevitably die.

In fact, you would be lucky to die simply from running from a horde of zeds before you get to a doorway with a strange man in a gasmask with giant googly eyes in a chicken suit closes the door and welds you in just to savor the sounds of you being shredded alive by dozens of zeds. Afterwards, they will most likely open the door and dance upon your corpse, all the while that fleshpound that killed you is standing right next to them showboating like he just scored a touchdown. Better that than getting bodyblocked by two people in the trader on west london, or being suddenly murdered on Zedsplosion along with most your team by the token team Psychopath(theres always atleast 1 on every individual online game server.)

One thing i would suggest though is to skip normal and go straight to hard.

I would suggest however that you dont even pay attention to the levels, and forget about exp. This game is alot more fun when you dont focus on anything other than playing the game.

I only play this game with my friends, so I won't have half the problems you just described. I just want to play at max level on the hardest difficulty because my friends and I like a challenge, the only problem is this game has a few hundred hours grind just to get there, and you can only play the same easy maps on the same easy difficulty so many times.

Upvote 0
omano;n2313087 said:
Game is VAC secured so.. think.

edit: by the way there are already ways to insta grind your perk TWI tried already to counter that but the method is still available. I will not explain anything but I see that it still exists when I try to find games in HOE...............

The game may be VAC secured but it's only individual servers that are VAC secured, I'm just trying to find out whether cheating in solo offline will trigger VAC when joining a secure server.

Upvote 0
Console commands work after enabling cheats with the proper console command, however, using the cheats in solo or multi (yes server admins can also use cheats on their servers) will simply disable stats progression (you see the message telling you that after using the 'enablecheats' command). That is not what the OP wants as far as I understand. He wants to be able to cheat the progression to not have to grind to gain his levels.

oldmidget : ;)

Upvote 0
tinky-winky;n2313104 said:
I just want to play at max level on the hardest difficulty because my friends and I like a challenge, the only problem is this game has a few hundred hours grind just to get there

LOL WUT

Last time I checked, a single hard game with 7 waves (probably Normal, actually) was enough to take a fresh class from 0 to 5 if fully completed. Last 2x EXP weekend we had, I played with a friend and got her from lv2 Demo to 13 in about 4 games, then did an all nighter and got her from 13 to 20 in about 7 hours. The grind ain't that bad in the scheme of things. Think of all the time wasted just wondering if this Cheat Engine thingy is even worth it. I'd just get to it.

On the other end of things, I've had all my classes maxed for a good long time. Wondering where to go from here. Where's them Prestiges, Tripwire?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
tinky-winky;n2313104 said:
I only play this game with my friends, so I won't have half the problems you just described. I just want to play at max level on the hardest difficulty because my friends and I like a challenge, the only problem is this game has a few hundred hours grind just to get there, and you can only play the same easy maps on the same easy difficulty so many times.

you can play HOE at any level TBH.

Reactions: Patros
Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2313386 said:
who the hell cares if you cheat solo offline...have at it.

I guess devs because of things you could acquire by cheating, like for instance Vault rewards, or earn perk levels. Anyway this is how it is, that's it.

You can still use officially supported cheats by using console command, just that it disables stats progression system for the whole game.

Upvote 0
omano;n2313147 said:
That is not what the OP wants as far as I understand. He wants to be able to cheat the progression to not have to grind to gain his levels.

it could achieve the same result, of having the Perks at Lv25 whenever you want, but temporarily in the event that you don't want it to be permanent.
and you could have a script that does it each time you load a new map, so that you don't need to type it repeatedly.

Upvote 0