Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Should SWAT have a passive skill?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should SWAT have a passive skill?

Hi, I'm wondering that swat is a bit Underpowered compared with commando.

As you know one of the best roles of commando is to reveal stalkers (which are increasingly annoying in suicidal/hoe). More than that, a skilled commando with a great weapon and hollow point rounds skill can kill Scrakes fairly easily, that is supposed to be one of the advantages of the swat (because, being honest, they, both, are pretty bad against FP and QP).

IMO Swat should have a passive skill like one of these things:

* +2/+4 HP per level, with a total of +50/+100 (150/200) HP at level 25
    * Tactical Movement as passive, so there would be another skill at level 5.
    * +0,8 crouch movement per level, so, actually, if you choose Tactical Movement you will move faster crouching that walking.

The main problem is that swat IMO is not so different respect commando, adding the stalkers problem. I think is NOT a bad perk, but it needs be more distinctive, maybe based on accuracy play (crouch movement) or more resistant.

What do you think? Thank you very much!

The thing with SWAT is it's a quick killer. The damage output is rather high when using the top tier weapons. Combine that with increased ammo cap and unlimited ammo + near real-time firing causes the damage to skyrocket. A well-versed SWAT can take out Scrakes and Fleshpounds with relative ease if they can aim.

Comment

SWATs weapons have excellent burst potential, low recoil, high stagger, massive magazines and low weight. the flashbang is also one of the most useful grenades around to back that up, creating an opening against big zeds to dump that high DPS. (with the kriss easily decapping scrakes on any difficulty with any number of players and with minimal extra effort FPs will suffer a similar fate) when it comes to raw combat potential, based on available weapons I think the swat beats the commando.

its current passive "+mag size" definitely isn't bad

Comment

No passives, it's already a good perk.

Comment

Id vote commandos zed time extension is way better to have than the stalker vision.

honestly theyre both good. id rather see a better tactical reload alternative for commando.

Comment

I'd love to see burst firing Beretta 93R in the arsenal of Commando (mainly), SWAT and GS. 3 blocks of weight so it could fit into AK12 / Scar loadout.
            Or G18, as said.

As for skills, i think Heavy Armor Training's damage reduction should become passive 10% + 1% / level. All armor skills kinda underwhelming. Also +30% ammo is just too good to not to take over extra stumble power.
            Last edited by simplecat; 01-15-2018, 10:07 AM.
            Killing Floor 2 stats (spreadsheet)
            http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY

Comment

Originally posted by simplecat View Post
              I'd love to see burst firing Beretta 93R in the arsenal of Commando (mainly) and GS. 3 blocks of weight so it could fit into AK12 / Scar loadout.
              I just realized your default avatar is upside down.

Comment

Meh... I don't think he needs a passive to be honest. It's quite a versatile and useful perk already. He's certainly how of the best "suppressive" perk with his SMGs and flashbangs. No to mention that depending on his perk, he can either be a very nimble perk OR a very tanky one.

Compared to that, the commando mostly has "basic" skills that increases his weapons effectiveness (larger mags,extra damage,quicker reload...) , hence why it's justified for him to have two passives.

Comment

SWAT weaponry is more problematic than the perk itself.
                  Don't trust the atoms, they made up everything.

Comment

Originally posted by NokiaSE View Post
                    SWAT weaponry is more problematic than the perk itself.
                    what is the problem with the swats weapons?

Comment

SWAT feels kind of beasty to me... I don't really think it's lacking anything.

I prefer playing Mando, but when it comes to killing the big guys (like already mentioned in this thread), the SWAT can already handle itself very well with the Fleshpounds and Scrakes.

Currently it's a matter of personal preference as to which perk is better between the 2 - which is a good thing. Both perks are getting a lot of play based on what I see on the servers.

If your team has a Mando already, play SWAT and vice versa. I would not mess with it.
                      http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049374232/

Hard/Suicidal - KF1 and Custom Maps
                      https://www.gametracker.com/server_i....158.29:23000/

Comment

Originally posted by conductiv View Post

what is the problem with the swats weapons?
                        Objectively speaking, despite being compensated by weight, they achieve utterly nothing on their own other than having a more efficient firepower distribution model for disposing small Zeds like Clots, Crawlers and Stalkers.

Practically speaking, first off; I'd expect their handling attributes to be innately better than rifles, meaning things like increased movement speed while aiming shouldn't come from perk bonus to say the very least. This is because being more affordable, which in this case is the carry capacity (weight) they require, is only half of what it takes for such weaponry to be selected for personal defense purpose - as suchlike weapon also have to be nimble enough so that their user may fall-back with and-or upon them effectively.

Secondly, I'd call out their stats design when it comes to ammo and damage being... less than perfect. I think SMG as a weapon type could definitely show better coordination in said stats to fulfill their role slash niche better, as in adjusting damage to be lower; ammo pool to be larger; ammo cost to be cheaper; etc, so that they are at least that much more distinct in said aspects hence remain competitive when being compared to an overall better option.
                        Last edited by NokiaSE; 01-15-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NokiaSE View Post

Objectively speaking, despite being compensated by weight, they achieve utterly nothing on their own other than having a more efficient firepower distribution model for disposing small Zeds like Clots, Crawlers and Stalkers.

Practically speaking, first off; I'd expect their handling attributes to be innately better than rifles, meaning things like increased movement speed while aiming shouldn't come from perk bonus to say the very least. This is because being more affordable, which in this case is the carry capacity (weight) they require, is only half of what it takes for such weaponry to be selected for personal defense purpose - as suchlike weapon also have to be nimble enough so that their user may fall-back with and-or upon them effectively.

Secondly, I'd call out their stats design when it comes to ammo and damage being... less than perfect. I think SMG as a weapon type could definitely show better coordination in said stats to fulfill their role slash niche better, as in adjusting damage to be lower; ammo pool to be larger; ammo cost to be cheaper; etc, so that they are at least that much more distinct in said aspects hence remain competitive when being compared to an overall better option.
                          well the swat seems intended as a small zed sweeper, hence the focus on automatic weapons that deal bonus damage to clots. they also come with huge magazines to facilitate this "efficient firepower distribution" to efficiently distribute bullets to clot heads. now, since any class is at least proficient in dealing with the lowest of the zeds this doesn't really give him a lot of extra ooph when compared to a assault rifle that is only marginally worse.

now what the swat weapons do have is a combination of high DPS with large magazines, and on the SWAT class this combo's extremely well with his flashbang to sweep large zeds. the big issue with swat weapons is middle class zeds (gorefast/fiend/siren/bloat and the husk if the tank isn't a good target) as it will take its higher tier weapons to be used on perk to effectively dispose of them. and as these zeds are very common, SWAT tends to be a dosh hugger because of high ammo expenditure.

no weapon gives its user movement speed, ADS aiming speed or crouch speed bonuses without perk support...it is in my opinion unreasonable to expect that SMG's would give these bonuses for free.

you state the stats design is less then perfect, perfection is a hard thing to hit...however for the job these guns are supposed to do they should be adequate and be a reasonable representation of the depicted guns stats. and I can't say they are way off the mark in that aspect

Comment

I don't understand why we don't have "gas mask" as passive, mb some toxic damage reduction(and visualy too)?
                            [url=http://www.destinationunreal.com/modules.php?name=mh_stats][img]http://www.destinationunreal.com/player/player_17749.gif[/img][/url]

Comment

no weapon gives its user movement speed, ADS aiming speed or crouch speed bonuses without perk support...it is in my opinion unreasonable to expect that SMG's would give these bonuses for free.
                              I suppose such change would be the first of its kind, a leap for all weapons in this game - hence I admit it seems to be somewhat inappropriate, as in unjust - that the even more maneuverable weapon type, namely the pistols, don't get any of this. In my opinion, they are the next problematic weapon type, which I'd also suggest to change if TWI really want to sort out the weapon meta/balance.

However, for reasons previously stated, I really believe it is the necessary step towards the right direction. As always, the goal is to make every single option a keeper given the situation is right - as I feel there should rarely exist a case where one option is practically replaceable by another.

you state the stats design is less then perfect, perfection is a hard thing to hit...however for the job these guns are supposed to do they should be adequate and be a reasonable representation of the depicted guns stats. and I can't say they are way off the mark in that aspect
                              Given small Zeds' stats, such as health, don't really scale along the difficulty levels, I feel it's actually feasible to narrow the numbers down in this case. Even if said stats is a subject to change, it shouldn't be anything more than factoring one additional factor. The math in this case isn't that complex.

Particularly speaking, given they are respecting the same ratio/formula, I'm not exactly happy about SMG ammo pool being only ~20% larger than rifles - as it doesn't separate the damage profile of the two apart far enough that they are too similar - to the extent where the difference is mostly seen on large Zeds, which isn't even SMG's application target.

With this being said, considering the fact that carry capacity (weight) is the ultimate factor for how we determine the value as well as the come and go of each option/weapon in this game, the way how SMGs have way less recoil, a couple of weight block lighter by average, SMGs are fairly problematic.

Beyond the spectrum of weaponry, I'd say make SWAT perk more like SWAT, rather than simply a SMG-wielding perk, though - sadly - is the case for each perk and their respective weapon type, which has been my greatest complaint with the game thus far.
                              Last edited by NokiaSE; 01-16-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X