• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New weapons inbound! Speculate here!

Servalion

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 4, 2017
So, we got a gift in that we have three new weapons to eventually look forward to. As we were all expecting just two, that's great. But now we have two weapons to play the guessing game with, since we all know what to expect with the Incendiary MAC 10. Place your bets, people. Who's (besides Firebug) gonna get new toys? Saying Survivalist is cheating.

I'm placing good money on Gunslinger getting something new based on one thing - they're the only class remaining that hasn't gotten something new beyond their starting lineup. Sure, they enjoy a wealth of crossperk weapons - the lever actions were a blessing, and virtually any sidearm is fated to work in their hands. Regardless, nothing new has come their way that's specifically for them. They just happen to be handy with a pistol. I just gotta wonder what it might be. Semi-Auto? Revolver? Something else? Surprise us.

Best case scenario imo would be some modern .45s with fat mags that would make the HK Mk. 23s redundant.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheUndying
I've said this before, but dual wielded G18Cs set on full-auto with extended mags and laser sighting would be an awesome addition to gunslinger. Why? Well firstly it'd be the first fully automatic gunslinger weapon to be introduced and secondly it'd be very satisfying to mag dump into a zed horde.

As for the second weapon... Well anything on this list would please me: Minigun, MG42, Plasma Rifle, Claymores, M82 Barrett, Thompson SMG (gangster drum mag and grip), Compound Bow (with penetrating and explosive ammo), dual wielded Cavalry Sabers, Tesla gun (lightning gun), any interesting Mad Scientist weapons. Any of these things get added and i'll be very happy.

Upvote 0
RaNdOmKiLs666;n2312843 said:
I've said this before, but dual wielded G18Cs set on full-auto with extended mags and laser sighting would be an awesome addition to gunslinger. Why? Well firstly it'd be the first fully automatic gunslinger weapon to be introduced and secondly it'd be very satisfying to mag dump into a zed horde.

Also with commando Pro, lightweight pro and scanvenger, eh?

Upvote 0
Five-Seven. Very different to the high bullet-mass, low capacity pistols the Gunslinger currently has.

G11. Iconic and unique gun that works differently from other ARs.

AN-94. 2 round burst at 1800 RPM with delayed recoil mechanism, causing both bullets to land in the same area, intended to defeat body armor.

Bolt-Action-Rifle. There are so many to chose from that could occupy the 1200₤ category. Possibly with a bayonet.

Spear. Longer range option for the berserker. Possibly with a shield. Maybe throwing as secondary option.

Semi-auto, magazine-fed Shotgun firing Slugs. Longer range option, less trouble dealing with ZEDs partially blocking head.

Upvote 0
Sledginius;n2312899 said:
Five-Seven. Very different to the high bullet-mass, low capacity pistols the Gunslinger currently has.

AN-94. 2 round burst at 1800 RPM with delayed recoil mechanism, causing both bullets to land in the same area, intended to defeat body armor.

Bolt-Action-Rifle. There are so many to chose from that could occupy the 1200₤ category. Possibly with a bayonet.

Spear. Longer range option for the berserker. Possibly with a shield. Maybe throwing as secondary option.

Semi-auto, magazine-fed Shotgun firing Slugs. Longer range option, less trouble dealing with ZEDs partially blocking head.

1. The 5-7 is actually a good suggestion. A narrow, armor-defeating round known for its penetration. 20 round mag, but low damage. Better penetration than M1911, though? Maybe. Good trash clearers at least.

2. The G11 was a prototype concept that could be revived. Even more so than Commando, it might suit the Field Medic, being one of the few modern firearms to use caseless ammunition to reach the prototype phase or beyond. Although it wouldn't truly be the G11 in game, it sure could resemble one. Have we found our HM-501?

3. The AN-94 Abakan is a curious concept with a rather nice ability. Sledginus described it quite well, although its only 600 RPM in full auto mode. It's downsides were an expensive price tag, and a complex mechanism, making maintenance difficult. Good thing we don't deal with weapon stoppages or gun jams in KF2. While a Commando-like gun overall, the Burst fire feels strongly Sharpshooter in its purpose. Whom would it suit more?

4. I feel like something bolt-action is guaranteed for SS at some point. KF: Incursion has one already, although I haven't been able to identify it. Just like the Fire Axe, it'd be a simple thing to port the model.

5. Ok, a spear I'm not too keen on. The Berserker's more offensive RAUUGH, less Spartan (despite some perk descriptions). Now, maybe if they had hatchets to use and throw, I'd be all on that. They could probably carry more of those than spears, anyways.

6. I was just thinking the other day that Supports should get a slug thrower someday. As for which shotgun to do the deed, that could be anyone's guess, as slugs are available in most gauges as well. The 6 gauge (or 4 gauge if European standard) KS-23 is a known slug-shooting monstrosity, although specialized buckshot rounds for it exist. Easily a T5 contender if its suggested strength is kept.

Upvote 0
I heard Firebug's Husk Fireball Launcher is in their to-do list, therefore it's highly possibly include in the upcoming 3 weapons.

Husk Cannon is an aiming weapon, it shoot a tight napalm to the enemy and deal incredible damage in a narrow area.
If it can deal bigger damage to Scrake's head and Fleshpound's head, it can be efficiency at titan killing.

For Mac-10, I really wish Mac-10 can Dual wielding, it can be a good minion cleaning weapon for Gunslinger.

This picture is a player Dual Wielding Mac-11 in CoD.

maxresdefault.jpg

However there's a contradiction, if Dual Wielding Mac-10 can trigger Rack'em Up, it will be a horrible thing to earrape a player.
So Mac-10 shouldn't able to trigger Rack'em Up while a gunslinger dual wielding it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

As for the second weapon... Well anything on this list would please me: Minigun, MG42, Plasma Rifle, Claymores, M82 Barrett, Thompson SMG (gangster drum mag and grip), Compound Bow (with penetrating and explosive ammo), dual wielded Cavalry Sabers, Tesla gun (lightning gun), any interesting Mad Scientist weapons. Any of these things get added and i'll be very happy.

You're barking up the wrong FPS mate.

Plus unless you manage to have better reasons to include these other than "it would be cool" , I doubt they'll ever be considered...

Not being an ass here, just pointing out that weapons in KF should have some sense of purpose and utility. Otherwise they'll never be picked once the novelty factor fades out.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2312930 said:
You're barking up the wrong FPS mate.

Plus unless you manage to have better reasons to include these other than "it would be cool" , I doubt they'll ever be considered...

Not being an *** here, just pointing out that weapons in KF should have some sense of purpose and utility. Otherwise they'll never be picked once the novelty factor fades out.

The G18Cs being full-auto and a gunslinger weapon alone, would make them great trash killers. This is a good utility for the perk to have imo. It'd mean you can save Deagle or 500. Magnum ammo for harder targets, like Scrakes or FPs. The big list of weapons i wrote would have their uses, but i won't get into that or i'll be here all day writing weapon descriptions, lol.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see another Gunslinger weapon. like the Taurus Judge Shotgun Revolvers. which i predict can do a good amount of damage but high damage falloff, so takes advantage of Gunslinger's mobility. also stylish.

what i want is the M4 Carbine return or becomes the HK416. with laser sight and scope. basically a commando version of the M14 EBR in that its automatic or burst select fire.

a "Heavy" medic battle rifle as a counterpart to the medic assault rifle to add more options for the medic.

But also, i really like the idea of a spear or polearm for berserker. the longest range option for melee but lacks "slash" attacks. and the G11 is a unique looking weapon that would be interesting to see but what kind of role would it fill? a "high capacity" weapon like the Stoner LMG but at lower weight and cost but more accurate and a scope?

Upvote 0
Sledginius;n2312899 said:

I like the FiveSeveN. It could be useful for an headshotting gunslinger with lower damage output that the 1911, but with a larger mag capacity.
Anyway i think that, since the poll was hinting about old weapons returning, the M32 will be the second addition, aside from the Mac. It was really fun to use, effective, it had to be carefully managed, plus it's still a damn REVOLVER GRENADE LAUNCHER. It could be an alternative to the Seeker Six with higher damage, but longer reload times.
Also i don't think the bolt action rifle will be added. SS already has two lever action rifles which act similar to bolt action gameplay-wise (manual loading after every shot, trading rate of fire for high damage, both unscoped and scoped version exist). Since the latest addition was about gimmick weapons (double chambered shotgun, freezethrower, hemoglobin, seeker six), my third guess is something similar to the ZED Gun, with the ability to stun zeds like the EMP grenades.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RaNdOmKiLs666;n2312938 said:
The G18Cs being full-auto and a gunslinger weapon alone, would make them great trash killers. This is a good utility for the perk to have imo. It'd mean you can save Deagle or 500. Magnum ammo for harder targets, like Scrakes or FPs. The big list of weapons i wrote would have their uses, but i won't get into that or i'll be here all day writing weapon descriptions, lol.

Now that's something I can get behind ;-) . However, I already feel the perk to be pretty versatile with his pistols...Not to mention the low-weight and "halved-price" (if purchasing a single gun) already allows it to be

However I would like to have a new gunslinger toy that feels different from what he already has as well... And by going that route,I think having a burst-firing or full auto pistol is the way to go (except if a gun-nut here is there to show me something unusual?) .It needs to strike that balance between usefulness and just the right amount of power.

For the rest of your suggestions, quick reviews :

Minigun: Nah mate. An LMG is already absolute hell to balance, so a minigun would be even worse.

MG-42: Well...See above. It would either need to be nerfed to hell to be balanced or be so useful that it would remove any interest in the other weapons. What we could see would be a slow-firing LMG with higher damage.

Plasma Rifle: Either we consider the Z.E.D. guns to be plasma guns and then sure why not. Otherwise it might be too futuristic to fit even killing floor (which has a more "near future" than "far future" look to it)

Claymores: I don't know about claymores themselves,but we really do need the comeback of mines for the demolitions yeah.

Tesla Gun: For the survivalist perhaps? Why not...Maybe it could act as some sort of DMR and actually be more effective at medium-to-long ranges! That'd be neat.

Cavalry saber: A one-handed sword of any kind would be quite sweet! Having two of these would be fairly unique as well , but I wonder how it would look in-game...From an animation perspective I mean. It's very rare to actually use two melee weapons at once!

Bow : I actually proposed a "blam bow" a while ago, which would have been a demolitions/sharpshooter crossperk. I do have to say though...What would it bring to the table compared to the crossbow? We could say that it deals more damage when charged, or that it pierces more enemies. But the Xbow can already do that as well...

Thompson:One of the most common complain with the SWAT (and the gunslinger) is that their weapons feel too "similar". And honestly, I don't truly see what the thompson could bring that the other smgs can't... It would be nice for the looks, sure. But that's it?

Barrett: It's a fair bet that the Railgun replaced the M99 AMR of the first game and I doubt we'll see something as powerful with a 10 rounds mag...

Upvote 0

Tommy's not unlikely to return, but the only other one I think that would fit real well is the Compound Bow for Berserker. Because if Mad Jack Churchill can rush into battle with a big sword and a longbow, so should they.

Now, originally, I said there was no way that the Gunslinger would ever get automatics. However, the more I think about G18Cs, the more I realize that they could work after all. Bear with me here - the stats would have to be carefully balanced, after all.

First off, the downsides. Recoil will absolutely be an issue - these things are literally Kriss-fast, without its stability. Penetration would have to be low, if any. Finally, It's still a 9mm shooter, meaning it'd likely have to be near the 9mm's damage department for balance, likely 15 damage per shot, 18 at best.

Now, how would that balance out? Well, assuming its an G18C with its extended mag (and really, if its not, why even bother?), you're looking at 33 rounds. The best comparison would be to put it against the M1911. Lets assume, the G18C will do 18 damage per round. Now, start thinking in 3s. This means every 3 shots landed will equal roughly a single shot from a M1911 (18x3 = 54 vs M1911's 55).

Here is where the advantages become obvious. Even if it takes 3 shots from the G18C to do a single M1911 shot's damage, the G18C's blistering auto rate will easily out-DPS any attempt to fire the M1911s as fast as possible with your finger. On top of that, the G18C also does more damage per reload - divide the gun's capacity by 3, and you get 11 shots compared M1911's 8. All in all, a nifty T2.5, although a hefty ammo pool and surprising ease of control could push it to T3 range.

Upvote 0
So, the reveals are finally out. MAC 10 looks as expected, and thankfully is confirmed to be SWAT crossperk, so woop for more options.

Speaking of which, Husk Launcher makes an earlier-than-expected return, making this a generous update for Firebug. Being crossperk with Demo seems to confirm that this thing does both fire AND blast damage. I suspect that this means that Firebug has something new to use in the fight against FPs, not that they weren't already vulnerable to the Microwave. This also pads the Demo arsenal unexpectedly to 3 T4s, and likely soon to be 4 of them, if the M32 isn't an official T5. How well it performs remains to be seen.

2001.png

AMERRRICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Upvote 0