• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Survivalist Rework Status Update?

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Admittedly, this is by far my most played perk, despite the fact that I know most of the community doesn't care for it much.

What is the latest ETA for this?

@Kittenmittens
Yoshiro

I'm hopeful the first attempt at improving the perk is mainly subtle changes, such as global elite reload (vs pick these perks or these perks). Along with that the request for passive damage increase is hopefully included with this - even if it's not bumped up to 25%, 20% would be a noticeable improvement.

Very interested to hear any news related to this.

RaNdOmKiLs666;n2312844 said:
Hopefully the survivalist is reworked from the ground up. Currently it's one of the weakest perks in the game.

ONE of the weakest PERKS. Two mistakes in one sentence. Just remove this tripe and replace it with something wholesome. Still waiting for Martial Artist. Alternatively Mad Scientist, Freezethrower is a good start.

Upvote 0
Veny;n2312907 said:
Am i the only one who actually likes Survivalist as it is now? :D

I like how Survivalist is now, it's one of my more-played perks. I can never just stick to one perk though, they're all fun. (except for SWAT, but that's just s personal preference thing)

I just feel it could be improved upon with a little extra time. And before Tripwire reorganized the Trello board, "Survivalist Rework" was a panel there, not sure which category it was on, but I think it was in the "investigating solutions" panel or whatever that one was called. So it's more or less confirmed, unless they scrapped that idea. Harder to tell with the new layout.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TheUndying;n2312888 said:
ONE of the weakest PERKS. Two mistakes in one sentence. Just remove this tripe and replace it with something wholesome. Still waiting for Martial Artist. Alternatively Mad Scientist, Freezethrower is a good start.

I was about to argue but since you're among those people asking for a mad scientist weapon, I guess you have no idea about what you're talking about.

At least we're both mourning the loss of Martial Artist.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2312932 said:
I was about to argue but since you're among those people asking for a mad scientist weapon, I guess you have no idea about what you're talking about.

At least we're both mourning the loss of Martial Artist.

What does that have to do with anything? I don't see your argument here.

And yeah I'm aware they scrapped the perk, still bearing some hope within me.

Upvote 0
TheUndying;n2313099 said:
What does that have to do with anything? I don't see your argument here.

And yeah I'm aware they scrapped the perk, still bearing some hope within me.

You do realize that perk would just be a bad rehash of the berserker right? I don't see any fun in trying to spin kick something as big as a fleshpound, nor would it be recommended. SWAT and Commando are similar, but SWAT has enough going for it to stand out.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2313108 said:
You do realize that perk would just be a bad rehash of the berserker right? I don't see any fun in trying to spin kick something as big as a fleshpound, nor would it be recommended. SWAT and Commando are similar, but SWAT has enough going for it to stand out.

Berserker: tanky, brutal killing machine who deals a steady flurry of hits.
Martial Artist: a weak, but nimble perk who needs to carefully strike a zed to deal massive damage.

Pretty much tank vs glass cannon

I honestly don't see why two melee-centric perks couldn't work when we have SWAT/Commando who offers a similar playstyle.

Reactions: TheUndying
Upvote 0
Fully agree, MA could have been a nimble Zerk with maybe backstab damage or some fancy weaponry, aiming for certain bodyparts to deal extra damage - hell even some ranged weapons like a Bow or smth would be cool, the sky is the limit.

Definitely could have been a good perk on its own with a particular playstyle. Oh well, we'll see what the future brings.

Upvote 0
MA could have some kind of cloaking tech as passive - after standing still for 2s (-0,2s every 5 levels), cloaking will activate and will break 3s (+0,5s every 5 levels) after you start moving.
Naturally MA could have some bonuses to damage while doing backstab/headstrike. Movement speed bonus is also a must, same as debuff skills (stun, knockdown).
I can imagine some unique stuff like creating decoy when Zed time starts etc.

Too much like Zer0 from Borderlands 2, isnt it? :D

Upvote 0
IMHO, i think these things are what the Survivalist really need:

-Passive Switch Speed bonus
-Remove molotovs from Weapon Harness
-New Level 10 skills
--Mad Doctor: Increase syringe recharge speed by 80%*, melee damage by 10%, melee swing speed by 15% and movement speed with melee weapons by 25%
--CQB Training: Increase weapon damage by 10%, melee swing speed by 15% and movement speed with melee weapons by 25%
-Madman also increases your melee swinging speed by 300%

*This is the equivalent to a Level 10 Field Medic's Syringe recharge speed

Last edited:
Upvote 0