• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any News on KF 2?

IWasLeft2Die

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Ohio
Now I get that we can't expect a new update every week but I feel like to go a month with no news of anything KF2 related is a bit much. I feel like at this point we really should have heard something such as "here are some things we are thinking about adjusting" or "we have been hearing your reports on bugs and are trying to come up with an idea."

I understand that launching Incursion does take a lot of focus and manpower, but I really hope this doesn't indicate a change in priority of games. Honestly Incursion sounds interesting, but really KF2 has a far larger audience (I honestly have no friends that even have the Oculus for their PS4, which who knows even if they did they would be interested in Incursion).

I hope that the PS4 also doesn't fall to wayside as the xbox one game comes out as well.

These are just some concerns that I think are worth being aware of. Nothing that is currently a major deal but something that is worth keeping in mind.

Reactions: DemodiX
I just hope they come out with balance changes for hans so he would stop being an rng god.

support having his repair door speed pinned to his welding proficiency

fixing gorefiend... By that i mean his spaghetti ragdol when he gets blown with the headshot.

A mappack that consists of 5 maps

moar guns

And idk.... There's not much to fix since everything works as intended... Maybe tone down the group spawn numbers... Because having 6 bloats or 6 sirens spawn together is just overkill.

Honestly the game just needs more maps

Upvote 0
while i think weapons are good for now, wont hurt to have more. like the M4 Carbine or a bolt action rifle like a Mosin.

But what i really want to see is more maps. like taking place in Russia or China. maybe Singapore. the Horzine world tour going east!

and a Russian or Polish character too. someone slavic for our lineup.

Upvote 0
Tripwire is busy doing other things though. It's not just Incursion they're working on, there's also the Xbox release and Rising Storm 2. And we just came off of the Summer Sideshow, so it's not like we're in a content drought or anything.

That being said, I think what the game needs most now is more characters. Even though that's probably the hardest thing for them to do, since they need to record lines in lots of different languages, it gets a little sad seeing the same characters over and over again.

Upvote 0
The XBox release will introduce the freezethrower for Survivalist. Maybe this will be followed up by perk changes later on.
Another thing that is probably in development is the christmas event with christmas themed zeds.

A new WWAUT in September / November would be nice though. Really looking forward to any news regarding Endless or Objective mode etc.

Upvote 0
imnrk;n2303656 said:
Tripwire is busy doing other things though. It's not just Incursion they're working on, there's also the Xbox release and Rising Storm 2. And we just came off of the Summer Sideshow, so it's not like we're in a content drought or anything.

That being said, I think what the game needs most now is more characters. Even though that's probably the hardest thing for them to do, since they need to record lines in lots of different languages, it gets a little sad seeing the same characters over and over again.

Yeah, the main thing that I feel weird about it all is that we haven't heard anything. I think it makes sense that not much has happened but it somewhat of a drought of no info

Upvote 0
I imagine it will now be mostly seasonal events as in KF1 and expanding additional game modes they may add like the weeklies. Thats pretty sensible as everyone else has said that they will be working on new stuff all the time. So maybe well get lucky with one or more additional seasonal events and/or game modes, which get expanded over time.

Considering the number of years KF1 was supported with only dlc revenue, its probably safe to say well get at least that and probably more.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2303664 said:
Would there be any point between a lever action and bolt action rifle? I believe the latter reloads slower, unless people asking for it because they want some 50 cal. rifle in the game.

the rail gun is basically a "bolt action"
and idk, seeing as bolt actions usually have a clip mag... Or a mag, their rof will be slightly higher than said rail gun.
And i don't see much need for them, unless people want variation...
or they will shoot larger caliber than m14 and weight less than a rail so they could still pack a punch to a fleshpound but be light enough to have room for different weapon combos.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2303698 said:
the rail gun is basically a "bolt action"
and idk, seeing as bolt actions usually have a clip mag... Or a mag, their rof will be slightly higher than said rail gun.
And i don't see much need for them, unless people want variation...
or they will shoot larger caliber than m14 and weight less than a rail so they could still pack a punch to a fleshpound but be light enough to have room for different weapon combos.

Well if they want the extended clip of an M110 or M82 then people need to realize those rifles are pretty heavy. They still wouldn't make no difference than an M14 because you can still pop a fleshpound head with a full mag on 6 player HoE as long as you freeze him first. If it doesn't kill him before he unfreezes he'll be a few headshot away from death.

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2303687 said:
I imagine it will now be mostly seasonal events as in KF1 and expanding additional game modes they may add like the weeklies. Thats pretty sensible as everyone else has said that they will be working on new stuff all the time. So maybe well get lucky with one or more additional seasonal events and/or game modes, which get expanded over time.

Considering the number of years KF1 was supported with only dlc revenue, its probably safe to say well get at least that and probably more.

This. I mean, it was nice initially when we got those updates with the stoner and the bonecrusher and stuff, but that may or may not be the norm. Then again, we may be getting the new freeze gun soon, so maybe they are keeping up.

Unless they hold that until the christmas event....pls no TWI.

Upvote 0
IWasLeft2Die;n2303615 said:
Now I get that we can't expect a new update every week but I feel like to go a month with no news of anything KF2 related is a bit much. I feel like at this point we really should have heard something such as "here are some things we are thinking about adjusting" or "we have been hearing your reports on bugs and are trying to come up with an idea."

I understand that launching Incursion does take a lot of focus and manpower, but I really hope this doesn't indicate a change in priority of games. Honestly Incursion sounds interesting, but really KF2 has a far larger audience (I honestly have no friends that even have the Oculus for their PS4, which who knows even if they did they would be interested in Incursion).

I hope that the PS4 also doesn't fall to wayside as the xbox one game comes out as well.

These are just some concerns that I think are worth being aware of. Nothing that is currently a major deal but something that is worth keeping in mind.

HazardousMonkey just posted this on r/killingfloor

http://art.tripwirecdn.com/TestItemI...ticket_360.png

So we are getting a Halloween update! WOOT WOOT!

Upvote 0
I think the most we can do is wait for Halloween.

Speaking of, is it bad that I want a Mr. Lordi player model? Granted, licensing would probably be a *****, though I can definitely see people be willing to buy him as a DLC item. To me, i think he'd totally make for an appropriate Halloween themed playable character. (Especially with KF2 taking place in mainland Europe)

Upvote 0
flashn00b;n2303804 said:
I think the most we can do is wait for Halloween.

Speaking of, is it bad that I want a Mr. Lordi player model? Granted, licensing would probably be a *****, though I can definitely see people be willing to buy him as a DLC item. To me, i think he'd totally make for an appropriate Halloween themed playable character. (Especially with KF2 taking place in mainland Europe)

Plus add some Lordi music tracks, TWI pls

Upvote 0