• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Destroyer of worlds gimped?

BlackDevil

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2017
Hello,

so I was playing Kf2 today, and when I used destroyer of worlds on the boss, the radiation damage seemed.. underwhelming.. before, the radiation damage was so severe, it could kill a patriarch on suicidal in SECONDS in a 4 player match. Now (V 1.5.5) the radiation barely does any dmg to boss, and it feels like it isn't worth using... was this intentional, or is this a strange glitch?

The old nuke insta-gibbed everything which really was overpowered.
The new one still destroys low- to midtier trash easily and makes the larger zeds spin around in pain.

As funny as it was sticking C4 to Patty and waiting for Zedtime to destroy him, it wasn't fun for the others, nor was it challenging.

It could do a bit more damage to higher tier zeds but if you headshot a Scrake with the RPG on HoE and nuke activates, it's dead nontheless.
I'd say it's in a good spot. The Boss could take a bit more damage from it though, I agree.

Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2301118 said:
i remember when we first got demo, it was trash until lvl 25 when nuke made u a god during zedtime lol

A lot of people never really understood how to get the full value from the HX25 at the lower levels (judging by how rarely I see demos carrying it in later waves I don't think this has changed a whole lot). It's the most underrated T1 weapon in the game IMO - and it's even better now that TWI fixed the glitch where you couldn't get a nuke out of it if you had bashed a zed at the start of zedtime.

Once you got to around level 10ish (trying to remember) you could take out sirens and husks with a bash and a shot on Hard. By 20ish (again may not be the exact level due to memory) you could do this on SUI.

The only time I really thought Demo was weak was the small period of time where TWI removed the ability to stun a FP with the dynamite stick - that was awful! I had stopped playing the perk until they reversed that change lol.

Sorry for my ramble... back to the point of the subject. :)

Currently Destroyer of Worlds feels pretty good to me. It's still very impactful on the game but doesn't really give the OP vibe it did in earlier stages of KF2. The c4 trick on patty was always good for a laugh though lol.

Upvote 0
I actually hate it. Not because of it being weak, but as someone who likes to play sharpshooter, the poison panic and raging that follows is one of the most annoying things in this game.

It is useful still though outside of the annoyance. It was extremely OP when it first came out and was pathetic once it got nerfed, but now it is pretty decent, not too powerful but not too weak.

Upvote 0