• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Toxic Players

YoYoBatty

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
I'm just about to refund this game.

I've seriously had it with the amount of toxic players that exist in this game.

I was playing a game of burning paris, suicidal, and this one guy kept on welding doors and blocking people from getting to the trader.

Guess what, they vote several times trying to kick him and nothing happens, so I typed "grief will not be tolerated" and guess what happens...
they kick me out of the game. For calling out toxic and anti-social habits of another player and simply playing the game I was kicked out by a bunch of furry loving cunts. Give me a break.

Where abouts are you based mate? I find those players rarely in the Australian servers, i actually found that those types of players have lessened over time which is great, I've been kicked once before for exactly the same type of thing. It was annoying and rolled my eyes a bit but there is just nothing we can do about it. Just join another server and hope for a better experience is all we can do, OR play with at least one friend to give some votekick leverage haha. I find HoE servers have the least issue with people like that.

Upvote 0
Lol, finds toxic playera, blames game....
m8, toxic players are everywhere and there's nothing you or devs can do about it... Genocide is the answer.....

but srsly i did post request for devs to make "mute players" work properly where it mutes their voice, their messages And radio messages because spam is life.

Upvote 0
I have to say, I also have not run into very many toxic players. Yeah, I run into one every few days, but if I know they're up to no good I anticipate them. Weld the doors to one percent and use a grenade (explosive, i.e. commando or support or demo) to destroy them. Pick a class with high survivability (zerker, swat, gunslinger, support, commando). Choose a part of the map away from the griefer if you have to. If there are other decent people in the server, votekick the asshole. Honestly, it is never great to deal with assholes online, but maybe you're just having bad luck with how often you run into them. I've had far more amazing teammates in pub matches than I've had griefers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gregs2k2;n2294293 said:
Can sympathise. We also grow tired of people abusing the vote system, so it was disabled on our server. People closing doors as they're sprinting towards the trader is also a massive annoyance.

thats just some cheeky fun in comparison to stealing peoples weapons, unjustly kicking, and attacking scrakes with a caulk n burn.

the real dick move is the close+ weld

Upvote 0
TheTCREngineer;n2294676 said:
i actually dislike kf2 to the point where playing it makes me sick so...probably yea sure lets play kf2 i guess even though i like kf1 better

well then opposite for me, 2nd half of the game in kf1 im already so bored that i have no fun on continuing.... And its on 1st game (i cant even last one game anymore there xD)
Unless its cqb itjust boils down there to camp one spot and kill mobs because lvl 6 perks are basically OP.

while in kf2 i still can have some fun because of constant action and that perks are more balanced that you never feel like you're unstoppable killing machine....

But everyone enjoys whatever they like so whatever :p

Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2294322 said:
thats just some cheeky fun in comparison to stealing peoples weapons, unjustly kicking, and attacking scrakes with a caulk n burn.

the real dick move is the close+ weld

For me it's all the same.

Every second is needed between waves, so it can decide the match if someone trolls the team and closes all doors in front of his teammates running to the trader.

In comparison, getting kicked is not too bad, because it means you don't have to play with those players anymore. It's only terrible if you need experience and get kicked before the boss is down.

Welded doors aren't a big problem. It's the message to buy an explosive weapon or change the perk.

Upvote 0
YoYoBatty;n2294214 said:
I'm just about to refund this game.

I've seriously had it with the amount of toxic players that exist in this game.

I was playing a game of burning paris, suicidal, and this one guy kept on welding doors and blocking people from getting to the trader.

Guess what, they vote several times trying to kick him and nothing happens, so I typed "grief will not be tolerated" and guess what happens...
they kick me out of the game. For calling out toxic and anti-social habits of another player and simply playing the game I was kicked out by a bunch of furry loving ****s. Give me a break.

Are you a ps4 player ? I already did that, but it was a joke...

Upvote 0
TacticalSpy;n2294722 said:
For me it's all the same.

Every second is needed between waves, so it can decide the match if someone trolls the team and closes all doors in front of his teammates running to the trader.

In comparison, getting kicked is not too bad, because it means you don't have to play with those players anymore. It's only terrible if you need experience and get kicked before the boss is down.

Welded doors aren't a big problem. It's the message to buy an explosive weapon or change the perk.

i disagree completely.

i didnt mean just welded doors, i meant going to the trader, guy in front of you welds a door in your face. .

Upvote 0
L4d 1/2 versus was worse for toxic players, i remember getting kicked for not doing good enough with the tank, or picking my team up quick enough, or you'd just get a bunch of randoms that knew each other so they'd blame everything on you then usually kick you eventually for some stupid reason. Killing floor 2 actually isn't that bad, best to find a group of people you know and join a game with them on your own server,. or find a hoe server rarely get idiots on that difficulty.

Upvote 0
icED-e@RtH;n2294949 said:
L4d 1/2 versus was worse for toxic players, i remember getting kicked for not doing good enough with the tank, or picking my team up quick enough, or you'd just get a bunch of randoms that knew each other so they'd blame everything on you then usually kick you eventually for some stupid reason. Killing floor 2 actually isn't that bad, best to find a group of people you know and join a game with them on your own server,. or find a hoe server rarely get idiots on that difficulty.

I agree that this game has far less toxic players than other games like Left 4 Dead, kf2 is pretty good in that regard. However, I find more toxic players in HoE than any other difficulty. Mostly people blaming other players for every little thing that goes wrong. It's still uncommon to see people like that though.

Upvote 0