• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mole game variant. Anyone else play?

seanspotatobusiness

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2015
Does anyone else play the "mole" Survival variant where you're a mercenary employed by Hans to ensure the team you're on does not make it to the final wave? Tactics include inconvenient welding of doors, raging Scrakes and Fleshpounds, selling dropped weapons and throwing excess money out of the map to avoid suspicion of non-cooperation? Once your whole team is dead you ask for extraction on the microphone and do the emote gesture to attract attention of the chopper. Of course, extraction never comes; Hans used you and left you to die.

PurpleFanta;n2291522 said:
I play that game every game. It seems to be on every server. I always seem to run into doors welded at the worst possible time or have people block me into flesh pounds/sell my guns from previous rounds with full ammo ect.

Basically.

Hans is already enough of a chore to deal with than to have another player messing with you...Even more so FOR THE WHOLE GAME. Plus it wouldn't make sense in a narrative/lore perspective... And it wouldn't be fun for either side.

Upvote 0
I was playing HOE with a pretty good team. I was a Demo and we also had a support. We would do the ol' weld door + door traps, nuke the doorway during Zed-time, weld door back up, door finally explodes, finish wave, support rebuilds door, repeat.

Sometimes we would rebuild the door during the wave as myself and other laid down cover fire. On to my point - there was this guy that would try to weld the newly regenerated door as zeds are 2 feet from the doorway. Naturally he would weld up to about 3% and then a zed would hit the door, thus destroying it.

TL;DR : Don't weld doors from scratch when a zed is on the other side ready to start bashing it.

Upvote 0