• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Better Idea for KF2 Beta Keys

So it seems like the community, or maybe just myself, isn't necessarily the happiest about the way that keys are given out by being posted publicly and then snagged by either the extremely lucky or shady. I propose a better way would be a sign up for keys and then random selection from that. It is fair to all and then those who are stuck at work during the day (no I'm totally not butt hurt that I was helpless to do anything for pretty much the entirety of the giveaways) with no access to steam can get their keys. Just do it on forums (that are captcha and bot protected) it wouldn't be hard.

But then we wont be able to see all the people begging and crying for a key :D

Seriously though, you just need to wait a couple more weeks but i guess it would be more fair to the fans if they didn't make it so public and simple

They could have had mini-competitions and PM keys to winners. I remember a while back winning a code for Borderlands the Pre-Sequel from these little competitions on twitter. A lot of it was trivia from watching one of their streams, submitting funny pictures from BL2, character skin ideas and just simple stupid questions. I think it was a little more fair to the actual fans doing it that way

Upvote 0
But then we wont be able to see all the people begging and crying for a key :D

Seriously though, you just need to wait a couple more weeks but i guess it would be more fair to the fans if they didn't make it so public and simple

They could have had mini-competitions and PM keys to winners. I remember a while back winning a code for Borderlands the Pre-Sequel from these little competitions on twitter. A lot of it was trivia from watching one of their streams, submitting funny pictures from BL2, character skin ideas and just simple stupid questions. I think it was a little more fair to the actual fans doing it that way

To be honest, I'm usually down for waiting for EA, I'm even down for waiting until after EA.

But I also enjoy helping making games, I have a passion for, better.
TWI is looking for input on how to improve and tweak their game. I love giving feedback for companies that I like. And I hella like TWI. My dad is famous on golf forums for beta testing, and it got somewhat passed down to me. I'm not famous or well known at all, but I sure as hell do want to give all the feedback and ideas I can. I'm so hyped for early access right now that I'm just dying to get my hands on this game any way I can right now.

That being said, I dont actually have enough money to afford EA at the moment, so a beta key would be awesome.

I mean, I've done my fair share of beta testing. I try to give feedback, I've never really been as excited for a game as I have been for KF2. I gave a good bit of feedback before in previous beta testing, but this time around, I'm literally filled to the brim with excitement and ideas that I want to give TWI.

But alas, I am condemned to the forums, complaining about having no key. *cough cough* If only... Tripwire was generous and loving enough to give this poor... *cough* keyless... hungry for Killing Floor 2 action beta tester a key... Maybe, just maybe... He could give them input and feedback...

Upvote 0
The hype

The hype

Although irksome, it makes sense for them to slowly ramp up the user-base and see how things go.
If only we could pay the $30 now, and play in beta :D
Can't wait to do an in-depth review on KF2.

Slightly unrelated: Anyone hear news about how server hosting will work?

Despite my lack of actual posting here, I've played the first game plenty (3 rank 6 perks worth)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember when Dota 2 was in beta (closed beta), and PlayDota (Dota's official forums) made a key giveaway, they just made a thread for people to post and a bot would pick winners randomly each day and send them a PM with the key. They also required accounts to be created before such thread was opened.

This would be fair for fans that have been waiting and participating in this forums since the game was announced 1 year ago.

Still, I'm not against giving away keys to people who may not even know KF, after all, the core fans will still get it, while getting new people may just create a greater community, some day in the past we didn't know what KF was either.

And after all, it's just 2 weeks away, not that we have to wait that much for it (and if you're into it, you have GTA V and MKX, time will fly).

;)

Upvote 0