• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Better Idea for KF2 Beta Keys

I agree entirely with OP, and would hope TW would give the idea consideration. It's no doubt time consuming but it would stop a hell of a lot in-fighting within the community and it would probably stop a whole bunch of threads similar to this popping up.

There are so many ways they could have done this, ways where bots and scripts wouldn't snag keys or where people didn't have to waste hours of their day pressing F5 in the hope of getting one. I'm pretty jealous of those who did. I think more consideration should be shown to the fans who are genuinely eager to play and give input, not in an elitist "OI U DIDN PLAY KF1 U SHULDN BE ALLOWED PLAY" but atleast give them a real chance here on the forums by limiting key threads to members who's accounts are older than X amount of time or by doing what OP said. Heck, a lot of people missed the beta keys giveaway here on the forum because they were playing KF1.

It's less than 2 weeks away I know, but so many people are dying to play and I can wait sure but it'd be nice to see how it runs and to give it a go after waiting over a year.

Upvote 0
every time so, real fans got nothing !! and random bobs have keys, iam very pissed off to see all this people where playing KF2 on twitch and have lots of keys for giveaway, they never played KF1 before !!!! no chance to get one, TW not answer when ask them, iam not sign up on facebook or ****ing twitter for this key. After 4700 hours in KF and a real Fan of this game iam very angry getting so ignored by TW !

Upvote 0
every time so, real fans got nothing !! and random bobs have keys, iam very pissed off to see all this people where playing KF2 on twitch and have lots of keys for giveaway, they never played KF1 before !!!! no chance to get one, TW not answer when ask them, iam not sign up on facebook or ****ing twitter for this key. After 4700 hours in KF and a real Fan of this game iam very angry getting so ignored by TW !

Entitlement is a horrible disease. I really feel for you.

Upvote 0
Entitlement is a horrible disease. I really feel for you.

Lol'd.

Anyways, I agree. Key distribution should be in a secured region (like the forums) as well as able to spot the qualifications of a user being allowed to play the beta (has been on the forums longer than X days, posted, shows post have been helpful/contributing to the community, maybe game hours, etc). Kind of sucks to see people with 200-1000 and up hours of hardcore gaming to be 'game'blocked by bots on the web.

Upvote 0