• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PSA: Don't order from G2A or Kinguin ever.

Btw, just because some online store is getting their keys for cheaper from some supplier (NOT retailer) doesn't mean the games are stolen.. /facepalm

As pertaining to my argument earlier; if you look up Rebellion revoking 7050 Sniper Elite 3 keys, they did it because that batch of keys had a large portion purchased with stolen credit card numbers.

Enraged users swept to the forums saying they got their keys from G2A or Kinguin or other sites. Were ALL of them non-legitimate copies? Certainly not. Were ALL the stolen copies bought with STOLEN credit cards? Certainly not. But a stolen credit card is a stolen identity which is a felony and is something to be taken seriously.

Consumers can't be held liable because the NON-LICENSED resellers aren't vocal about it. As is this case here where some keys were stolen/un-licensed and others weren't. They couldn't differentiate so they had to recall the batch. Rebellion even went as far as to publicize their list of LICENSED resellers. These are companies which buy keys (wholesale) from Game Companies (In this case, Rebellion) and sell them back out.

Rebellion Games said:
To clarify, aside from Steam itself, digital keys for Sniper Elite 3 can be bought from the below list of licensed partners. We can confirm that we have not revoked any keys sent to these companies, nor have they reported any problems to us. This is the full list of companies that get their keys direct from us for digital sale - we do not sell to anyone else.

• Amazon.com
  • Buka
  • Game.co.uk
  • Gamefly
  • GamersGate
  • Green Man Gaming
  • Humble Store
  • Metaboli and affiliates
  • Nexway and affiliates
  • Rebellion Gamestore

And also, you seem to not be reading clearly enough. I didn't say ALL retailers or ALL sellers. So don't generalize it. "/facepalm"

Please do some research and read up on it. No, not all of the games are stolen but a good portion of them are.

Upvote 0
How about this - when going on 3rd party key seller sites, only buy from sellers with 100% positive rep who have at least 10,000+ sales executed? I mean, the chances you will get hit by a truck crossing on a green light are greater than the chances of getting a stolen key from such a seller.

Additionally, 3rd party sites offer purchase insurance for the really paranoid customers.

Upvote 0
That's rather frustrating, the press and review keys thing.

I'm surprised at all the back and forths on this issue, but I guess it's not too surprising, especially given the attitudes on the price thread.

But here, it's much more straightforward imo. There are authorized sellers of keys. Sellers authorized by the developers, right? Why wouldn't you want to purchase from them? Stolen keys, repurposed complimentary keys, etc, why wouldn't you want to try and support the dev directly? And no, I'm not suggesting that you throw away trillions of dollars for KF2. Just 30-60 for a launch price, and if you wait a bit you can get it for much lower.

That steamdb page with the international prices doesn't even seem to be a good argument. Yeah, I'm from America, and yes it seems that Norwegians have to pay 13.75% more for GTAV. I don't see how that's meant to point anyone's nationalistic bias. As an American it seems like I gotta pay 54% more than Russians. Doesn't mean, I'm now upset with the system and refuse to pay 59.99 for the game lol.

Upvote 0
silverlighted said:
As an American it seems like I gotta pay 54% more than Russians. Doesn't mean, I'm now upset with the system and refuse to pay 59.99 for the game lol.

...You literally just blew my mind. I never thought of it like that XD
That's nuts...

EDIT: Granted the reason why some countries get it cheaper is because the national wage is lower and they are generally more 'poor', but the point is still valid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Disregard currency. Look at it more in terms of work hours. How much of your time do you think is fair to be able to afford something? This is why region pricing exists for the most part. If everyone paid the same based solely off conversion from a parent currency it would be overvalued in some markets or devalued in others.

Even with this in mind, it's ridiculous when you consider the pricing Steam offers over here. The average salary in my city is USD 400, gross. I am lucky enough to pull USD 400 net. Then I have to pay my bills and take care of my family. Then I have to maybe buy some games.

However, despite the fact that I live in what's arguably the poorest European country, Steam decided that I should be bundled in the same pricing region as Germany, where a rough estimate of the average salary would be USD 2200.

I trust you can understand why I have no compunctions about buying from sites like Kinguin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I trust you can understand why I have no compunctions about buying from sites like Kinguin.

Something I can directly relate to: There are a slew of mp3 sites offering great discount on a catalog of artists they have no arrangement with, collecting money for a performance agency they are not a part of or recognize. Personally I'd rather have people torrent or share my music than support such a thing. If I don't see a dime from my own work then neither should anyone else.

Upvote 0
You can totally look at the details of the situation and say that you're willing to take the risk. The world isn't so black and white that someone should suggest otherwise. But understand that there are risks involved and PlatinumRooster relaying some of those risks is not "fear-mongering" and "useless." It's him informing the uninformed because generally speaking, buying from/supporting a place that also houses stolen stuff is a big no-no.

It's just unfortunate that you're in a situation where it's kind of necessary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Something I can directly relate to: There are a slew of mp3 sites offering great discount on a catalog of artists they have no arrangement with, collecting money for a performance agency they are not a part of or recognize. Personally I'd rather have people torrent or share my music than support such a thing. If I don't see a dime from my own work then neither should anyone else.

The difference is that the odds are I'm buying a copy that was paid for and the dev got their money, only it was bought by someone in a region where prices were more reasonable. Those sites sell thousands and thousands of keys and Steam gifts daily, if the issue was that serious you would be hearing about revoked keys a lot more often.

Upvote 0
This was going to be a response to someone bringing up the fact that KF2 is available for pre-order on G2A already. But considering how long it is, I figured I'd make my own post.

On the rare occasion you'll get reimbursed another key, they usually just offer some jargon-ish responded saying that their hands are tied and can't do anything.

And also... ask yourself this. If the keys are legitimate and will work as all the sheeple keep saying, why would you need to buy a protection plan for a digital code locked to your account anyway?

Shouldn't they want to do that for free like EVERY other digital game retailer?

Ya know... CUSTOMER SUPPORT???

It's because they KNOW their **** can be fraudulent and they keep going on with it because people keep buying.?

Wll here's another one to add to it.
I got emails from mojang saying i was asking to change password and email.
I have the account for minecraft for my wee boy, he's 9.
I checked at mojang and someone has entered his details instead of mine.
I hardened security with the 3 security questions, change passie.
the guy tells me he bought the premium minecraft account from G2A .
2qso4yd.jpg

i have edited to remove my email address and the password there however.
His proof of purchase was a receipt with the login details for my account at mojang.
so it's also obvious they are allowing the sale of hacked login details as "product keys"
very very dodgy indeed.
I reported it to Mojang and fired of an email to G2A.
I'll post a response should one come.

Upvote 0
I've bought more than a dozen games from Kinguin and had no issues, even when stuff was very cheap. This sort of fear-mongering is not useful at all.

I understand you want people to pay TWI a gazillion trillion dollars and buy everything full-price but if I can find a better deal than the Steam store price, I'm going to grab it. The regional pricing in Europe is ridiculous enough as it is.

The Bulgaria guy says it good to go, so it must be true.

Upvote 0
Yeah Ive had a few ppl on my friends list lose games they purchased! It is the luck of the draw... a bit like saying 'opening a crate with a key is like gambling' except youre probably risking more! :D

That was about the time when I was about to start using them... so I didnt!

Dont buy from secondary sources ppl! Support your developer. You never know one day they may go out of business and the games you love, made the way you like are gone forever! ;)

Heavens forbid!

Upvote 0
I used to download illegaly quite a lot of games back in the day (I'm willing to bet pretty much everyone did it at least once) . I mean... I've been a player since I was eight , of course you can't have every game you dream of when you're 13-14 ,so I did so.

Then I began to realize that a lot of developpers truly need that to live their daily life (mostly independent developpers of course) . Plus, it's a great way to show support to a game you like and eventually allow them to produce even more (either a new game or expansions packs) . It's a win-win situation (at least for most developpers,not talking about the big names) .

So I thought G2A was the good deal : cheaper for me,but still paying for something . Didn't know how I was wrong.

Thanks for pointing it out to us. I'm not buying from them again.

Upvote 0