• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lets talk about PS4 and KF2

I don't mind indie developers putting their games on consoles. What I hate is companies like Microsoft buying minecraft, or Sony getting indie exclusives.

I trust Tripwire. I trust that they will inspire other indie developers to stay independent. During those darks days of " PC gaming is dead" Indie developers came and gave us classics, while consoles got more boring FPS exclusives. All of a sudden console companies started throwing money around. We will never see Minecraft 2 on PC.

Rock on Tripwire.

Upvote 0
YES I love this post.

I for one don't mind the PS4 version of the game, even if it has "exclusive" things in it. I grew up from the exclusiveness so I don't really care anymore about that.

The PS4 players will never have mods and steam workshop and will never be able to join any of the RPG servers that change so much - it's a whole new game over there ...

I just hope that you guys develop for PC and then port to PS and not the otherway arround.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this :)

Upvote 0
Actually I can. It's really easy, I just don't open the forums if I don't want to, and let the community manager (Yoshiro) let me know whats happening there. But in the past year I got tired of having to avoid the forums, so we cleaned house and banned the guys that were trolls, flamers, and not contributing anything constructive to the community.

goddamn+right.gif

I know planetside 2 is coming out for the PS4 (which they've said for years, dunno if it's true) but they'll run on different servers. Is it possible to have two different platforms play together?

They've said before it's not too likely for a variety of legitimate reasons, but I'm totally on Team Crossplay if they go for it (have several friends on PS4 that totally wanna play if KF2 supports cross platform play).

Upvote 0
Can hardly wait..:D

I would like to know a couple of things though..if the devs are able to confirm.

1: Is the console release being developed by TWI or being outsourced to another company? I have fears of a shoddy port! Ala Gearbox and Aliens: Colonial Marines..(Shudder)

2: During their testing, have they managed to hit that magical 60fps framerate? I would happily take a hit in resolution in favour of a smooth framerate if 1080p@60 is to much of an ask!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The urge to sink down to certain peoples levels and start destroying them with mother jokes and comments about the size of their member is insane. I had to stop reading very early into the thread looking at what these certain individuals posted.

Ramm somehow maintained his composure, to which I say, well done good sir. Glad to hear PS4 is being considered, makes sense as the PS4 is absolutely dominating the market right now. The fact it is x86_64 architecture helps considerably too from a development side :)

Split screen I imagine with KFs fast pace may be a big ask I'd say, at least in the HUDs current form. May be worth collaborating as many shared information features (such as zed count) as possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am discovering this post !

What a nice surprise!

Thank you so much for all your explanations.
I like the way you explain things,
Your post is full of honesty.

I like that, I like that value to be honest with your fan and the deep respect you have for them!

I am so happy for you Tripware as I am a long time fan of your games
I am so happy that you take the next step to go bigger and better.

It is a so great decision you took to go to PS4 while keeping your status. BRAVO for that. It really proves that in gaming, small companies can grow up and get bigger by themselves, without being eaten by big companies who gives you orders , like them or not.

So it is good news!
I am so happy that NEW people will discover the endless fun of Killing floor!
I like when people are happy (sharing the fun!!)

Keep up the good work, keep makes us have fun while playing your games!
Best regards!

tumblr_m489zqiGBH1rvkjxdo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0