• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Linux Support for KF2?

larkstongues42

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
Are there any plans for Linux support for KF2? I know that RO2 doesn't support Linux (last time I looked), and it uses UE3 as well. Just sort of curious if it will support of any PC OSs other than Windows (I know a couple of other people who play on Mac too so). Is it planned, is is completely out of the question, working on it, is Stallman throwing locked cellphones at you guys... Just curious. =x

I'll definitely pick it up if it's out on Linux during Early Access. Don't know if that's much incentive but I imagine there's a few other people like me out there. Otherwise I'll wait until the full release. I'd love to give feedback during development but it's a hassle to boot into windows just for one or two games these days.

btw thanks for bringing the game to linux at all. I know it's harder on UE 3.5 than the new 4. The only thing that would make me happier is if you ported RO2 as well. But I guess that would have happened by now if it was going to happen.

Upvote 0
Even most importantly - are you (TWI) entirely in charge of the development and release of the Mac/Linux versions.

We're developing the Linux version in-house. We've hired Terry "Mongoose" Hendrix II, part of the original Icculus Linux dev crew and he's rocking and rolling on our Linux/SteamOS work :)

Upvote 0