Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.[/COLOR]
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
[COLOR=darkred]Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Upcoming Changes to Monetization - And Why We Are Making Them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just a shot in the dark but what of you added an in game item trading system for a small fee. Like say you get a gun skin from a crate youre not really into but a friend is, so you use a $2 trading ticket to give it to them instead of scrapping and telling them to get it themselves. In the process you could increase key and crate drops while putting trader tickets in the lower possible drop range. It could breathe at least some more value into the current system while also giving a small cash bump from those who buy the trader tickets directly.

Comment

Although I am not against paying for updates, I am definitely against continuing to pay for cosmetics if the updates are not going to be free. I hope that Tripwire reconsiders their decision not to phase out the Zedconomy, because my support and patronage for this game depends on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat View Post
        Although I am not against paying for updates, I am definitely against continuing to pay for cosmetics if the updates are not going to be free. I hope that Tripwire reconsiders their decision not to phase out the Zedconomy, because my support and patronage for this game depends on it.
        That's also a good point. If I end up paying for some guns (which I probably will, since I want this game to live on), I hope that we'll get a REAL REVAMP of the zedconomy. At the very least.

I always loot the same ****, which is getting tiresome. And since you need TEN pieces of scrap from the same quality, it takes forever to even get something worthwhile.

Same goes for the vault crates. I prestiged nearly all my perks, which gave me between 4 and 8 crates per perk... Yet, I ended up getting maybe five or six good items? And I'm not even saying that some pieces are ugly, it's just that I'm tired of getting the same face paints all the time.

Again, I don't expect to get three epic cosmetics per game... But at least make it worthwhile to spend time playing. Here, I really feel like I'm barely rewarded for playing often and/or for long period of time

Comment

I'm curious, what would "phasing out" the Zedconomy mean? Are you talking about making all the cosmetics into cheaper bundles, or simply not having the crates and cosmetics available anymore? I would be very disappointed if they made all the rarer cosmetics into simple bundles, because I've spent a lot of time and money acquiring some of those on the Steam marketplace. I'm very proud of my outfits and gun skins in the game (I know, I'm weird) and would like for them to retain their value.

Originally posted by Aleflippy View Post

That's also a good point. If I end up paying for some guns (which I probably will, since I want this game to live on), I hope that we'll get a REAL REVAMP of the zedconomy. At the very least.

I always loot the same ****, which is getting tiresome. And since you need TEN pieces of scrap from the same quality, it takes forever to even get something worthwhile.

Same goes for the vault crates. I prestiged nearly all my perks, which gave me between 4 and 8 crates per perk... Yet, I ended up getting maybe five or six good items? And I'm not even saying that some pieces are ugly, it's just that I'm tired of getting the same face paints all the time.

Again, I don't expect to get three epic cosmetics per game... But at least make it worthwhile to spend time playing. Here, I really feel like I'm barely rewarded for playing often and/or for long period of time
          Yes, the system feels curiously like an F2P game, what with the slow trickle of content, the quarterly updates, and the repetitive rewards for playing every day or every 12 hours or whatever. Since we already paid for the game in the first place, I feel like there should be a little more...I don't know, polish, maybe, to the rewards system. I am at least glad that they have made the vault crates only require 2 materials to craft, rather than 10 like the other ones.
          Last edited by GigaBowserX; 08-14-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GigaBowserX View Post
            I'm curious, what would "phasing out" the Zedconomy mean? Are you talking about making all the cosmetics into cheaper bundles, or simply not having the crates and cosmetics available anymore? I would be very disappointed if they made all the rarer cosmetics into simple bundles, because I've spent a lot of time and money acquiring some of those on the Steam marketplace. I'm very proud of my outfits and gun skins in the game (I know, I'm weird) and would like for them to retain their value
            Phasing out means removing the monetary value of all cosmetics while making it easier to earn them by merely playing the game. I have also spent a hefty sum of money on cosmetics and I am proud of my outfits, however, I do not wish to continue doing so because the expense is no longer justified by the fact that it finances the free updates.

As for the monetary value of the cosmetics I already have, I do not mind if they lose their value because I do not trade cosmetics for profit, I trade them to get the cosmetics I want, and if they all become free, I will be able to get all the new cosmetics I want more easily, which I should, considering that there is no reason for them to have a price tag on them now that updates are not free.
            Last edited by Copycat; 08-14-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

While the team is continuing to put thought on the future of the current implementation of the ZedConomy's crate and key system, we don't have anything to announce today.
              Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos

Comment

Except that concurent player numbers plumeted to 700-800 players.... Big yikes, chief.

Comment

Originally posted by s5yn3t View Post
                  Except that concurent player numbers plumeted to 700-800 players.... Big yikes, chief.
                  Where are you getting your numbers? Steam says the current count is 4.3k and peaked at 5.9k today.
                  Last edited by pie1055; 08-14-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pie1055 View Post

Where are you getting your numbers? Steam says the current count is 4.3k and peaked at 5.9k today.
                    Also steam.

I almost had a heart attack, when later refreshed it showed 786 players, and then lowest 584.... was thinking that players really gone boycotting because i never seen the concurrent drop below 4k
                    Last edited by s5yn3t; 08-14-2019, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I've recommended this game to friends for years, because it had a good free DLC model, you shouldn't start charging for weapons after weapons have been added for free after all these years. It just feels bad, like the community is being betrayed bad. I guess i won't be recommending it to anyone else anymore, unless you revert your decision, this isn't a threat btw, i'm just putting it out there that i refuse to promote bad practices.

Overall it's very disappointing to hear this TWI as i held you in fairly high regard as far as monetization goes, but now it seems you've caught the plague of the gaming industry known as GREED, 10 dollars per weapon makes this very obvious and i find it disgusting. Oh well, i guess i shouldn't be to surprised, the games industry has gotten significantly worse in the last 10 years. Remember when EA used to not be greedy and made good games? I certainly do, i think it was before the 2010s.

What i'm trying to say is, TWI, you should be better then this, you should help fight the GREED not create more.

TL;DR - Monetizing guns for $10 each = bad, free guns = good.

Comment

I don't mind paying for future updates and content additions especially if this goes only to KF2 (and 3) development rather than some other game developed by Tripwire. I do wish the weapons were cheaper or at least bundled.

Comment

From what I can tell, most people (myself included) have no problem paying for new weapons if needed. The only issue is the price. IMO $10 per weapon is too much for two reasons:
                          1. Cost over time: Assuming 4 seasonal updates with 2 paid weapons per update, that's $80 per year if you want all weapons.
                          2. Cost versus number sold: Maybe someone at TWI determined that a $10 price point would make the most overall. Personally, I find it really difficult to believe that TWI couldn't e.g. sell at least twice as much at a $5 price.

Originally posted by Yoshiro View Post
                          Finding the right value is never an easy thing to do, and if you undervalue it, you can't correct it. Everybody knows it has been offered for less so they won't buy it for more.
                          This makes me wonder if TWI is trying the opposite tack, i.e. high-balling the initial proposed price only to lower it before release and after the flood of community feedback.

Originally posted by pie1055 View Post
                          TL;DR, If anyone from TWI is reading this I have three requests/suggestions for the betterment of the shop and inventory- sorting, searching, and 3D preview functions. If you're having problems with micros the usability of the shop is where I would look first, 'cause it's currently not great.
                          Seriously, this. The UI might have been tolerable back when the Zedconomy was just getting started and there were only a few items on it, but it's become a nightmare now.
                          There are two types of people: those who classify people into two types and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshiro View Post
                            While the team is continuing to put thought on the future of the current implementation of the ZedConomy's crate and key system, we don't have anything to announce today.
                            My good Yoshi, be certain that I don't want to piss on your parade, but after a while I just had enough. I won't speak for the whole community (they'll do so themselves) but I'm personally fed-up.

I KNOW that Tripwire is NOT a very big team.
                            I KNOW that you got other projects under your belt
                            I KNOW that Killing Floor 2 is an old game.

But ****, some changes have been requested for YEARS now. What's the point of giving out feedback if we end up not being listened to? We didn't wait for DLCs to complain about the Zedconomy. Same goes for the Survivalist changes. Same goes for quality of life improvements. Same goes for the upgrade system. Same goes for the Abomination (which, thankfully, seem to come in the Fall update as you said)

Hell, most of us said that we were totally fine with skipping an update or two for a big cleanup on the game.

And again, I don't want to show disrespect for a studio that brought me so much fun and joy. I understand that game dev can be very time and ressource-consuming. And being the CM puts you in the nastiest place to get some flak. But boy... Focus on the right priorities.

More content is always nice, but after a while : we also need to have a game that doesn't crush on its own weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleflippy View Post
                              More content is always nice, but after a while : we also need to have a game that doesn't crush on its own weight.
                              Very much this. I always prefer quality over quantity, and an endless march of updates is not necessary at this point, I feel.

Phasing out means removing the monetary value of all cosmetics while making it easier to earn them by merely playing the game. I have also spent a hefty sum of money on cosmetics and I am proud of my outfits, however, I do not wish to continue doing so because the expense is no longer justified by the fact that it finances the free updates.

As for the monetary value of the cosmetics I already have, I do not mind if they lose their value because I do not trade cosmetics for profit, I trade them to get the cosmetics I want, and if they all become free, I will be able to get all the new cosmetics I want more easily, which I should, considering that there is no reason for them to have a price tag on them now that updates are not free.
                              I would be pretty disappointed if they decided to remove ALL monetary value of the cosmetics and gun skins, since like I said, I have spent a good deal of time and money acquiring them. Maybe they could just leave the older cosmetics as they are, keep those older crates, and phase out the zedconomy just for the new stuff? That way, you could still get the upcoming cosmetics and skins for "free" (read: through vault dosh crates or certain amounts of playtime) without devaluing the precious and other rare cosmetics from before. Best of both worlds. Or they could just package new cosmetics together, as you suggested. I do like the RNG aspect of the rarer cosmetics that currently exist, though, because it makes it more fun when I see someone running around in-game with a precious or other rare version of something.
                              Last edited by GigaBowserX; 08-15-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GigaBowserX View Post
                                I would be pretty disappointed if they decided to remove ALL monetary value of the cosmetics and gun skins, since like I said, I have spent a good deal of time and money acquiring them. Maybe they could just leave the older cosmetics as they are, keep those older crates, and phase out the zedconomy just for the new stuff? That way, you could still get the upcoming cosmetics and skins for "free" (read: through vault dosh crates or certain amounts of playtime) without devaluing the precious and other rare cosmetics from before. Best of both worlds. Or they could just package new cosmetics together, as you suggested. I do like the RNG aspect of the rarer cosmetics that currently exist, though, because it makes it more fun when I see someone running around in-game with a precious or other rare version of something.
                                Your items are not going anywhere, though, so why do you want them to retain their market value? Are you planning to sell them in the future? What for, profit? That is not what cosmetics are for. Cosmetics are for us to use, not for us to profit from, I do not see why this game should be treated as a money-maker because it is a game. And if you phase out the Zedconomy only for the new items, that would still mean I would have to pay for a lot of old cosmetics that do not fund free updates, which would not change my mind on not wanting to buy anything from Tripwire. I never said that new cosmetics should be packed together, I refuse to pay for cosmetics if I have to pay for updates (i.e. new weapons). Your argument for rarity is an aesthetic one rather than a consumer-producer relation argument, so I do not see its relevance.

Tripwire may proceed with its new practices, but I absolutely and irrevocably refuse to take part in them. The only way for us consumers to steer a producer into fair trade is by ceasing trade altogether until the terms of trade are amended.

Comment

Working...
                                X