• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

XBox Stats Progression Issue

The milder version of this progression bug is also back in my case. My XP is frozen occasionally but is restored once I quit out and restart the game.

I don't expect this to be fixed at all - but I have since learnt to work around it by always starting a new game for each session and never using Xbox instant resume for this game.

I have tried the KB article on this subject to no avail. I have also tried deleting the game outright and reinstalling. Deleting save data locally, and even factory reset my console but the bug reappears.

The Inner Evil's version of the bug seems worse than mine. I have found a handful of cases out there with my problem (temporary frozen progression that is restored with a restart) and I think the culprit is Xbox instant resume.

Upvote 0
Tris;n2333759 said:
The milder version of this progression bug is also back in my case. My XP is frozen occasionally but is restored once I quit out and restart the game.

I don't expect this to be fixed at all - but I have since learnt to work around it by always starting a new game for each session and never using Xbox instant resume for this game.

I have tried the KB article on this subject to no avail. I have also tried deleting the game outright and reinstalling. Deleting save data locally, and even factory reset my console but the bug reappears.

The Inner Evil's version of the bug seems worse than mine. I have found a handful of cases out there with my problem (temporary frozen progression that is restored with a restart) and I think the culprit is Xbox instant resume.

I'll ping this over to QA for investigation.

Upvote 0
Thank you Yoshiro. I can understand how hard it is to solve this problem because of its rarity - I've only found maybe 5-8 people with this Xbox bug on various forums. Some hints of it on Twitter and even one on the Xbox game review pages itself.

As far as I can tell, if one doesn't experience this bug on the first day, then you're free and clear. But if you have it, then you're stuck with it. For the longest time I couldn't play public matches back to back because I had to quit and restart to refresh my xp/perk levels.

But there are also long term players like The Inner Evil who said that the bug started creeping in for him after the Xmas update. I didn't have this game on Xbox then.

If it's rare and QA can't reproduce it on their end, then there's nothing for them to meaningfully analyse. I understand that.

I have heard people speculate that changing regions causes it but my pet theory is Xbox instant resume. When I start the game fresh every session it runs problem free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0