• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Community Feedback - Balance Survey

HeatSurge;n2333221 said:
Inb4 the awkward 2-shot for vlad stays after the survey and fixes.

It's only been like 2 years since that was broken or something. Maybe more?

I confess, I do not play much bezerker. Could you elaborate on what you are referring to being broken?

Upvote 0
To quote myself from an old post:

" VLAD in its current state is effective as a sidearm to a bigger melee weapons (zweihander, etc) for easily taking out EDARs, bloats, and anything else that might slow you down a bit. Also, VLAD does actually benefit from vampire.

The Eviscerator is indeed more powerful, but it serves a different purpose. It's more of a "main" weapon, as well as being heavier and more expensive.

However, the one thing that really offsets the VLAD's consistency is the magazine size - when the game first came out, the VLAD fired 7 projectiles with the shotgun firemode, so the magazine is a multiple of 7. But last summer, the VLAD was changed to fire 8 projectiles, leaving the magazine unchanged. This leaves the last shot at 2 projectiles, which is quite underwhelming.

My suggestion is to either lower the magazine capacity by 2, or raise it by 6 - this will make the weapon more consistent when emptying the magazine. Other than that I don't really see any necessary changes."

Upvote 0
Kittenmittens;n2333427 said:
I confess, I do not play much bezerker. Could you elaborate on what you are referring to being broken?

Sorry, I didn't realize someone actually bothered to respond.

The VLAD fires 8 "pellets" per shot in "shotgun" mode.

One of the updates a while ago, at least 2 years ago adjusted the mag size from it being a number divisible by 8 without remainder (was it 64 before? I can't remember) to 42.

As you can see that gives you 5 shots of 8 "pellets" and the last shot is an awkward 2-bullet shot unless you remember to reload which in the heat of battle is just not likely unless you put in a LOT of practice.

So, the mag should either be reduced to 40 or increased to 48.

Such a simple thing, but overlooked for years. Probably because nobody uses the VLAD these days for various reasons or bothers to post about it.

Upvote 0