• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer 2019 Beta 2 Changelog

s5yn3t;n2332313 said:
Maybe go complain on reddit and get chewed there?
The stats you gave show that the game has a healthy avg player base for an indy title that did in fact grow when looking at it.

Anything that is dying is your attempt at getting someone to listen to you.
You're like player in tf2 that with every new update shouted that the game is dying... Well guess what, that game still stands and so is this.
It will only die when end of the line comes.

​​​​​​

Your comment basically says "nah" in about a hundred words so instead of writing "okay" in a hundred words I'll leave it at this

Upvote 0
ShingoMurata;n2332314 said:
Your comment basically says "nah" in about a hundred words so instead of writing "okay" in a hundred words I'll leave it at this

You're wrong and really annoying. You want it your way and because nobody listens you cry louder.
Nobody is forcing you to play it. If you don't like it just don't play it.
The game is getting better and better. I have at least 1 - 2 k hours in KF1 and have fun in KF2 more than I ever could in KF1.
KF2 is not only a good sequel but also a fantastic game with so many more possibilities when it was released and also for the future.
Sorry to say that but you're like an old man who says in the past everything was better.

Upvote 0
Tefaan;n2332315 said:
You're wrong and really annoying. You want it your way and because nobody listens you cry louder.
Nobody is forcing you to play it. If you don't like it just don't play it.
The game is getting better and better. I have at least 1 - 2 k hours in KF1 and have fun in KF2 more than I ever could in KF1.
KF2 is not only a good sequel but also a fantastic game with so many more possibilities when it was released and also for the future.
Sorry to say that but you're like an old man who says in the past everything was better.

Wrong I didn't even play KF1 although I've been playing shooters for like 20 years and have been a developer for about that long also so forgive me for being short with those who will try to make it look like they're adding anything but really are just "nah" this and "nah" that looking to descend from information exchange into an argument with some imaginary audience

It's very very _close_ to being an excellent game (hence why I'm here and also suffer the problems and this crap from kids on the forum as well) but has accumulated umpteen death-by-a-thousand-cut issues that ultimately add up to a giant deal-breaker and the information is there not only in the stats I linked that some of you also want to "nah" but comes from experience as well

How many of you here since early EA know other players you played with then who are still around?

I've played for a few thousand hours, come from other competitive shooters, have finished a 6p hoe game with five bots (on a real map), did a speed run on hoe recently to wave 32 in an hour (also on a real map; server crashed ofc), I've accumulated who knows how much micro-transaction revenue, bought around eight copies of the game as gifts for various friends (none of whom stayed for more than 50 hours), blah blah blah so in short whilst it clearly annoys some of you that I know what I'm talking about sadly that ain't the case

How about the guys responding with nothing but an invitation to argue show me a screenshot of a wave 30+ speed run even on cube and _then_ we'll talk? I don't think as much of my time would be wasted then... How much code have you guys written? Have you been gaming since '92? If you have nothing to add but "nah" and "let's argue" in the shape of pseudo-wise high-roading so that other time-wasters will get involved just don't reply...

Upvote 0
And all you did rn is boast about your accomplishments that no one gives a hoot.
The main question remains, did you have fun while doing it all?

If yes well good for you.
If not then why are you still here?

If you want this game to become better then pull your weight in.
If you just came here to express your negative opinion in the most annoying way possible, then please go somewhere else as we don't need people like you around here.

And if you think your solo accomplishments mean anything, please go to the more populated place like discord/reddit/steam forum and complain about how game is "dying" and how you played comp games without even ranking above bronze.

​​​​​
​​​​​​

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2332318 said:
And all you did rn is boast about your accomplishments that no one gives a hoot.
The main question remains, did you have fun while doing it all?

If yes well good for you.
If not then why are you still here?

If you want this game to become better then pull your weight in.
If you just came here to express your negative opinion in the most annoying way possible, then please go somewhere else as we don't need people like you around here.

And if you think your solo accomplishments mean anything, please go to the more populated place like discord/reddit/steam forum and complain about how game is "dying" and how you played comp games without even ranking above bronze.

​​​​​
​​​​​​

Stopped reading at "no one", sorry... No more arguing with children

Upvote 0
ShingoMurata;n2332321 said:
Stopped reading at "no one", sorry... No more arguing with children

And yet you're the one arguing like a child the most.
  • You claim KF2 is worse than KF1 despite never playing the latter. How can you compare two games when you've never even played one of them?
  • You're unwilling to listen to others or consider their side of the debate. Learn to appeal a little- being considerate of others is a great way to get them to pay attention to and respect you and your perspective. Why would you do this? The alternative will be shouting into a vacuum- no one is going to listen to you.
  • You also claim KF2 is dying despite the playerbase only growing since release- 1-2k average number of players at the beginning of early access and 2019 has seen a 5-7k average. This isn't even including event times when it shoots up to over 10k for the entire month. Compared to KF1 which was lucky to even hit 3k during its prime.
  • Maybe you don't think player counts indicate the quality of the game. In that case I can point out many examples of features the devs implemented after players made requests and suggestions for them. In addition they've added plenty of things no one has asked for and while some have gone over better than others they've always replied to feedback and tweaked these features until the majority of players are happy. Remember when they implemented the resistance and weakness system or the conductor? These were heavily opposed by the community and have largely been tuned to the point of almost being completely removed. If you aren't a fan of games developed by listening to feedback and trying new things that's fine, there's plenty of games like CoD out there for you, too.

If you're trying to get anyone to listen or agree with you you're taking the wrong route to do so and I don't know why you'd expect anyone to do anything other than refute you.

Last edited:
Reactions: simplecat
Upvote 0
pie1055;n2332322 said:
And yet you're the one arguing like a child the most.
  • You claim KF2 is worse than KF1 despite never playing the latter. How can you compare two games when you've never even played one of them?
  • You're unwilling to listen to others or consider their side of the debate. Learn to appeal a little- being considerate of others is a great way to get them to pay attention to and respect you and your perspective. Why would you do this? The alternative will be shouting into a vacuum- no one is going to listen to you.
  • You also claim KF2 is dying despite the playerbase only growing since release- 1-2k average number of players at the beginning of early access and 2019 has seen a 5-7k average. This isn't even including event times when it shoots up to over 10k for the entire month. Compared to KF1 which was lucky to even hit 3k during its prime.
  • Maybe you don't think player counts indicate the quality of the game. In that case I can point out many examples of features the devs implemented after players made requests and suggestions for them. In addition they've added plenty of things no one has asked for and while some have gone over better than others they've always replied to feedback and tweaked these features until the majority of players are happy. Remember when they implemented the resistance and weakness system or the conductor? These were heavily opposed by the community and have largely been tuned to the point of almost being completely removed. If you aren't a fan of games developed by listening to feedback and trying new things that's fine, there's plenty of games like CoD out there for you, too.

If you're trying to get anyone to listen or agree with you you're taking the wrong route to do so and I don't know why you'd expect anyone to do anything other than refute you.

7 seconds of reading this garbage was enough as well... Is there anybody who can add something useful without getting personal? I'm not here to be anyone's buddy... I don't care if you don't like me or what I have to say

Upvote 0
I agree with a lot of what you've said, but not with how you've presented it and carried on afterwards. Unfortunately most of the threads I see on forums that complain about aspects of the game that I also have concerns about are written so poorly and almost beg to be criticised by 'fanboys' in such a way that it is guaranteed to devolve into the rubbish we see above (from both sides).

Please people, when you complain about the game, don't do it in a way to opens you up to responses of "git gud" or "just don't play then". It goes nowhere, and prevents the possibility of a decent discussion on these issues that really should be talked about.

Reactions: simplecat
Upvote 0
Pharrahnox;n2332327 said:
I agree with a lot of what you've said, but not with how you've presented it and carried on afterwards. Unfortunately most of the threads I see on forums that complain about aspects of the game that I also have concerns about are written so poorly and almost beg to be criticised by 'fanboys' in such a way that it is guaranteed to devolve into the rubbish we see above (from both sides).

Please people, when you complain about the game, don't do it in a way to opens you up to responses of "git gud" or "just don't play then". It goes nowhere, and prevents the possibility of a decent discussion on these issues that really should be talked about.

Yeah as I say apologies for being short but if you check my post history you'll see that whenever I come here and make real solid points every single time there are fewer and fewer tenured players with a clue willing to acknowledge that those problems are very real and more and more of these "well actually" trolls who might be a little bit sneaky with their wording but if you read carefully actually add no value in what they say and simply want to argue with someone who's annoyed them just by _not_ being as stupid as they are

Upvote 0
Truth be told, not much will come of anything posted here regardless of how you put it. The announcement threads seem to very rarely get a response from a dev on any form of criticism. You'd be better off creating a thread with well-formed and justified complaints, and avoiding any hyperbole that could be picked at and then derail the thread. Or you could add a response to complaint threads (many of which have been popping up recently; unfortunately most devolving into insults) to add your support.

I say this, but really I don't know what you can do that will have any effect. I've been trying for years to convince the devs that they've ruined many aspects of the game and squandered its potential. Take for instance the corner spawns issue. I've brought so many videos of the terrible situations that result from this system to their attention, and for over a year, the only response I get is "we're discussing it". It seems like one of the biggest complaints around at the moment, and yet they do nothing to address it.

I do remember seeing your posts from many updates ago and I remember (silently) agreeing with you back then. If you are hoping for something to come of your complaints, make a QoL suggestion thread as the devs recommend, and maybe, just maybe, some good will come of it (i.e. finally convincing the devs to do something about what people are consistently reporting as bad 'features').

Upvote 0
Urgh I was going to copy pasta some old stuff I wrote last year and the year before but it seems the history's gone up in smoke with an old forum version... Awesome

Look I know it annoys some of you I'm posting _here_ but no I feel it's still relevant because in fairness Tripwire has a clear history with KF2 of skipping ahead onto other developments before the back of the fence is painted and allowing the tail to wag the dog in other bizarre ways... Remember versus mode? Remember martial artist? Remember the survivalist re-work?

Now yes some of the new weapons seem decent enough and to be honest one part of KF2 that has always been super solid is the map design... It's a shame many of the best ones are a little rough around the edges still with pixel blocking spots you can be shunted into after parrying a FP / boss and maps like Black Forest which might actually be played once in a while if it weren't for _every_ single tiny tree and shrub having a collision box

I'd be pretty sad if I were the guy who's designed the amazing new map in the beta knowing full well that the meta will ultimately mostly continue with cube and a few other tetris maps anyway which are resorted to by most now in order to avoid being patronised by lame teleportations / husked clean through crowds of zeds that didn't move / mysteriously surrounded from nowhere by an army of TNT stalkers that the medic with all his nades can't bail you from even if he's stood right next to you etc etc etc... Especially when these problems can all be fixed _super_ easily

Does anyone know how long the new sound bug has been about? I can't say I'm sure... I'm referring to the new problem where zeds that haven't yet been visualled by the player are allowed to produce absolutely zero sound till they've taken armour off of you? I thought lately maybe it was an oversight from an optimisation measure to perhaps stop the server from having to send too much information to the client or stop the client from having to render unnecessary objects altogether and load them lazily, but just yesterday I narrowly evaded a critical donkey punch from a quarter pound that had snuck up behind me on a flight of stairs amidst very little ambient sound without it making a _single_ footstep (I saw its shadow being cast over my shoulder and reflexed so obviously there's something very strange and inconsistent going on there)

Bash seems to be suffering problems to the point where you can chuck an elbow hook at a slasher you're running past and see him completely ignore it even though it's clearly impossible for you to have fumbled it and your reward for playing correctly under pressure is to be grabbed instead and then forced to take damage by the fleshpound you tried to lure into hitting _him_ instead you (bash was the one thing that used to just work without any problems)

See these sound like small problems but when you allow a thousand of them to linger what it amounts to is a giant cartesian product of about a million black swan ways for games to end when no mistakes were made and they ought to have continued and yeah they're _super_ annoying after having like the 10th endless game in a row cut short about 6 hours in because say... The medic got murdered by quarterpounds that spawned so close behind his back that they killed him before the sound event of them spawning had even kicked in properly (for those of you who think the spawning problems are a myth wait till you get to wave 70+ and literally see squads of perma-raged fleshpounds materialise right there in the air in front of you and begin charging you the instant their feet hit the floor)

Now look I know a number of you here mistakenly see me as a target to get a rise out of by contradicting whatever I say, but come on... Enough's enough... If you say the above issues don't annoy you either you're lying or you don't have the discernment to suss out that many of your games end earlier than they ought to have on account of the increasingly large laundry list of issues I'm here to highlight turning KF2 into a worse death simulator than Dark Souls

Do you like it when you parry a QP who spawned next to you as a glass cannon only to have it immediately shunted 15 feet forwards by a husk fireball hitting it in the back through a conga line of scrakes and then be killed by it anyways 0.2 seconds after that even though he obviously had no business tagging you twice? Why are they trash zed weight class with big zed damage? Do you naysayers replying to me even know how to block properly or are you like 95% of the players I see on HOE who just give it your ass and run hoping it hits someone else whom you won't even have the decency to syringe after they tanked a haymaker for you?

When I'm here I like to suggest simple changes that as a veteran gamer and developer I know through experience are trivial from a technical as well as a gameplay perspective, so let's get to it shall we? There ought to be a pretty-obvious-if-we-think-about-it-accord hiding here somewhere...

1. How about remove stalkers from these boomy boom waves? Again, don't lie... I _know_ you all hate those waves... This suggestion seems like a balance that will resonate with Tripwire's unwillingness to scrap any of their ideas entirely and also leave those waves in a state where they can be handled by skilled players consistently on normal maps and not render those along with zerker completely useless when they inevitably come (I agree that zerker needs an anti-troll nerf but _that_ isn't the way and in fact makes it only worse)

2. This is a trivial one, but it's a start on some of the weapons issues... Notice how dual 9mms ain't viable anymore? Seems to me that simply increasing the ammo pool reserve by 50 - 100% when dual 9mms are being carried is enough to solve that problem... Ever seen a slinger carrying a grenade pistol? And yet mando doesn't get the Helios rifle correct? I get that mando has a ton of rifles to choose from and the pistols are still lacking somewhat but surely the Winchester and the HX25 need to be ditched from slinger's perk weapons later on in favour of maybe a scoped 44 mag and something a little bigger even... But in the interest of keeping things simple, what's with the recent novelty weapons that serve little purpose? Couldn't the fire axe have some quirky use for firebug and not just be a poor man's crovel? Likewise the redeemer seems to be a poor man's katana... Zwei's poke still in need of a buff after being nerfed into the ground like 4 years ago and remains _weaker_ than the katana's poke... Again, not that zerker needs a buff, but that's another story for another day

3. This one is less trivial but what's the deal with the bosses? Again I know you all find the two new bosses _super_ boring so don't deny it folks... See, the beauty of the first two bosses is that they're a) actually scary and have a bit of personality rather than just being irritating bullet sponges, b) can potentially be killed early doors with some guided aggression and teamwork, and c) hold over you the threat that they actually get scarier the longer you let them run rampant... Patty is actually one of the best things about KF2, a genuinely scary bastard with hilarious deadpan lines who very often separates the men from the boys in this game when he goes full Bronson and starts luring lesser players into sloppy positioning where he can ambush them between trash or KO them after selling the idea that he was in fact gunning for another player... Tripwire nailed it with Patty 100% and I feel that in the absence of a better solution the two latter bosses ought to be adjusted towards a similar ABC formula above so that they actually feel like bosses and not smoke break which is basically what the abominable bloatman is

Pretty much the only unacceptable things I've seen Patty do are a) rocket folks through his arse instead of firing straight ahead (very rare; I think lag / packet loss triggers it) and also b) the other day when I had to solo him for half an hour at wave 65 I think it was he'd literally gone full retard and begun rocketing me through walls... Much of the strangeness can be attributed to efforts to scale difficulty that simply haven't been tested properly beyond waves 20 - 30 and need to be tempered with the help of some of the toughest players out there so that they aren't condescendingly transparent for dudes who're sharp enough to for example actually hear a husk trio spawn directly around a corner and make that silly noise they make when they all kludge to the floor even with tons of chaos going on which would be enough to overload the senses of most players... Many of these problems mean that KF2 effectively funnels veteran players into a frustration chamber where only 1 - 2% of the players left around are capable of adding any value to a conversation oriented around what they are and how they got there and whether they can be dealt with and so in my opinion that's why there's been a massive retention problem as it were...

Seems to me the player base would easily be 10 – 20x what it is now if not for all these countless ball-aches but with lots of quality still being added to the game I don't think it's too late to get on top of that and start tying up these loose ends and potentially haul back some of those excellent players whose patience levels with the above ran dry long ago... I'm here to speak for all of them

Upvote 0
Pharrahnox;n2332340 said:
Truth be told, not much will come of anything posted here regardless of how you put it. The announcement threads seem to very rarely get a response from a dev on any form of criticism. You'd be better off creating a thread with well-formed and justified complaints, and avoiding any hyperbole that could be picked at and then derail the thread. Or you could add a response to complaint threads (many of which have been popping up recently; unfortunately most devolving into insults) to add your support.

I say this, but really I don't know what you can do that will have any effect. I've been trying for years to convince the devs that they've ruined many aspects of the game and squandered its potential. Take for instance the corner spawns issue. I've brought so many videos of the terrible situations that result from this system to their attention, and for over a year, the only response I get is "we're discussing it". It seems like one of the biggest complaints around at the moment, and yet they do nothing to address it.

I do remember seeing your posts from many updates ago and I remember (silently) agreeing with you back then. If you are hoping for something to come of your complaints, make a QoL suggestion thread as the devs recommend, and maybe, just maybe, some good will come of it (i.e. finally convincing the devs to do something about what people are consistently reporting as bad 'features').

Argh, I saw your post a little late before taking the time to produce the above, but hey thanks bro I was sure someone with a clue would come by eventually; I think perhaps what I'll do is leave the above there for some days and anybody who wants to support me in doing the above can reply here or DM me or else add me on Steam or whatevers...

Annoyingly some of the hard bastards I know in this game don't really speak much English and invite me just because we have really excellent chemistry in-game with stopping backstabs / dropping syringes / nading over busses etc etc at ideal times but I do actually have a small circle of super articulate guys who in theory would join in as well if I can only convince them that they won't ultimately be pissing their time up the wall like I probably am here as you said so who knows maybe this time we can get the requisite group needed together who can convince Tripwire to listen...

Upvote 0
You now have to stop sprinting before you can crouch now, and it kills playing sharpshooter. Please, please for the love of god change it back. I know it didn't used to be like this. Every time I'm sprinting and want to crouch now, I have to come to a complete standstill. It sucks.

Upvote 0
Kothre;n2332352 said:
You now have to stop sprinting before you can crouch now, and it kills playing sharpshooter. Please, please for the love of god change it back. I know it didn't used to be like this. Every time I'm sprinting and want to crouch now, I have to come to a complete standstill. It sucks.

go to the gameplay options and disable "toggle sprint'

Upvote 0
Good lord... Can we get a forum mod here? There's been a tusslin' that is not related at all to the summer update, despite politely being asked to take other complaints to their corresponding subforums. Most of these comments have a seriously negative vibe to it, pretty unnecesary for the Beta 2 changelog discussion thread since they add nothing to it.

In other word, regarding to changes:

Freezethrower alt fire damage reduction was a bit too harsh, an extra 2 or 3 damage would be nice.

Upvote 0