• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer 2019 Beta 2 Changelog

ShingoMurata;n2332316 said:
How much code have you guys written? Have you been gaming since '92? If you have nothing to add but "nah" and "let's argue" in the shape of pseudo-wise high-roading so that other time-wasters will get involved just don't reply...

I've been coding for longer than you're been gaming and I think you're totally mental.

Upvote 0
MartinMasheen;n2332571 said:
Oy vey, it's been in beta for nearly a month and still nothing on the final release date.. Can't say I don't have a bad feeling about this one.

inb4 they announce it in the next couple days and render my input irrelevant

i mean, all the previous betas took a month before they were released live.

Only this event had an anomaly where 1st phase lasted a week rather than expected 2, and this whole silence from community mods makes it bit unsettling.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2332594 said:
i mean, all the previous betas took a month before they were released live.

Only this event had an anomaly where 1st phase lasted a week rather than expected 2, and this whole silence from community mods makes it bit unsettling.

This is usually the point where they announce the final deadline ahead of time, so, yeah I'd say it is a bit unsettling lol

Upvote 0
Could be a 3rd beta test. They are ironing bugs so I'd rather have them take their time. Hopefully they will add more to the Vault boxes. I keep getting the scar woodland skin in field tested, or battle scarred. I've already gotten it in mint but still keep getting the two variations more than other weapons.

Upvote 0
Barot8;n2332607 said:
Could be a 3rd beta test. They are ironing bugs so I'd rather have them take their time. Hopefully they will add more to the Vault boxes. I keep getting the scar woodland skin in field tested, or battle scarred. I've already gotten it in mint but still keep getting the two variations more than other weapons.

Maybe it's just bad luck or something but I feel like I have that same problem with just about everything when it comes to the Vault -- I am not joking when I say I used over 200 crates before actually coming across another precious skin, despite there being several tiers' worth of them already thrown into the system. Rather, I'd just get the same exact accessories over and over, like the purple camo or a face paint I'd never use (seriously, why do those exist) and it would get to the point where I actually didn't have it in me to bother recycling it all like, jesus it's ridiculous

I know I'm not the first to complain but at the same time I'm not sure what they'd do about it -- I've never really cared all that much about the skins and stuff anyways since I play on console and therefore there's much less room for marketability or anything of the sort... like, virtually no room for that matter, so, why bother messing with 'em if it's just a waste of money at the end of the day lol

And yeah, that's what the whole point of the Vault skins IS but I'm just generally indifferent at this point. At first I thought the Vault as a concept was vaguely interesting but I quickly got tired of it. Now I'm just annoyed because EVERY TIME I TRY TO SCROLL PAST THE VAULT TAB IT PAUSES AND REFUSES TO LET ME EXIT THE PAGE UNTIL IT IS DONE PROCESSING WHATEVER UPDATES TO MY VAULT CURRENCY IT HAS TO GO THROUGH -- hence when I had that bug with the random 50 crates thing happen, IT WOULDN'T LET ME LEAVE THE PAGE UNTIL IT HAD SPAWNED EVERY SINGLE CRATE, AND IT WAS LAGGY AS ALL HELL, TOO.

And I DEFINITELY know I'm not the first to have that issue since I've heard people complain about that a million times as well, and I'm pretty sure they said it was fixed but it still doesn't let me exit that tab in-game, 50 crates or no 50 crates, so it's still irritating.

Upvote 0
The Vault (since it saves dosh) should allow you to buy skins for dosh rather than RNG each crate. That would solve the repeat RNG stuff and give players goals to strive for in buying a skin they want. Even if it's just Vault skings. As Martin above mentions the odds of the RNG seem worse than they used to be in opening Vault crates. It would also make crafting a better option to say X amount of crafting material could get you this item. Even if it's just bland weapon color changes. A totally blue pistol or rifle would be better than getting the same skins again and again.

Upvote 0
ShingoMurata;n2332294 said:
KF2 is worse than KF1 as well now mate and I didn't even play KF1 heh just seems kinda obvious by the fact that not a _single_ person I know who came from KF1 still plays

I mean you don't know me but I started with KF1 before playing KF2 but I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment -- And I still think that the point where it really went wrong was the 2017 Twisted Christmas update, or at least after that patch it seemed to go pretty quickly downhill with the rapid content additions. Personally I thought that update was still one worth remembering for the most part, but it was also the one where they added the Abomination (I don't think he became an official boss yet, but even just the initial conceptualization of him as "Krampus" gives me ptsd flashbacks).

After that everything from weapon balance (it became exceptionally clear once they added upgrade options) to perk balance (Zerk was always op but Medic got even more buffs) to the mechanics of the zeds themselves (cough cough, EDARs, cough cough, ESPECIALLY TRAPPERS, cough cough, ZEDS SPAWN WITHOUT WARNING AND TELEPORT ALREADY AS IS SO THE FACT THAT EDARS CAN ALSO STUN YOU COMPLETELY WITHOUT WARNING IN A GAME THAT CURRENTLY CONSISTS OF 50% RUNNING, 50% KILLING, IS PRETTY UPSETTING, cough choke) just started to lose integrity over time with each new change. I might be a little biased but I really did try to keep my patience with the game for a while, but now even I find it a bit challenging.

At this point I've little faith in much of a recovery, though the whole premise of objective modes in general is somewhat promising since they're at least making the effort and indeed putting out the product. Not sure if I'll like where it goes though. But maybe that's just me.

Upvote 0