• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Opt-In Beta Is Here With Build KF 1079 - Back And Kicking Brass !

Lt.Fenix;n2331939 said:
As for the battering ram improvement for SWAT, it's definitely far more useful now. However, I think during zed time, you should either be able to cancel the reload animation by sprinting or be able to sprint while reloading. Being stuck in the reload animation and not being able to sprint during zed time feels like the ability is wasted.

Lastly, this isn't directly related to the content in this patch, but the m203 really needs an indicator for whether or not it's loaded. It's annoying having to hit alt-fire to discover whether or not the thing is loaded and either waste a round or have to reload in a bad situation. The simplest solution would be having a round counter for the launcher like other weapons, for instance "1 / 13" for 1 in the launcher and 13 extra rounds.

I concur with this - there's nothing more infuriating than being mid reload/weapon swap as Zed time activates, as for the M16 underbarrel I'd prefer the "alt fire" to instead switch from bullets to explosives that would make things clearer OR simply allow a grenade check when you hit reload - after all it checks the bullet magazine.

One of the update notes relates to incorrect outfit colours in 1st person, 2 things - #1 I believe this affects Rae as well and #2 wouldn't it be wise to check all characters in future to assure consistency?

Upvote 0
Lt.Fenix;n2331939 said:
Lastly, this isn't directly related to the content in this patch, but the m203 really needs an indicator for whether or not it's loaded. It's annoying having to hit alt-fire to discover whether or not the thing is loaded and either waste a round or have to reload in a bad situation. The simplest solution would be having a round counter for the launcher like other weapons, for instance "1 / 13" for 1 in the launcher and 13 extra rounds.

Medic's Grenade Rifle does the same thing and what's weird is that it wasn't always the case. At some point they changed the way the underbarrel grenades work or some other changed affected them. It used to be your character would automatically try to reload them whenever they were empty if they could and that state could be interrupted by anything else so it didn't interfere with you trying to shoot, sprint, etc. What's really strange is you can't reload the underbarrel grenades with the reload button, the button you'd expect to do that.

Medic bat looks like an interesting and unique weapon and gives me the hope we'll eventually have a sharp/medic crossperk rifle. Maybe make it a bolt-action so I can get that wish at the same time lol.

Aside from that I'm a bit disappointed in the visual changes of the Seal Squeal. This is just an initial reaction and I'm probably going way out on a limb here, but in KF1 the charging handle was operated in a leveraging motion. Seeing the character work it was a strangely satisfying part of the reload animation, especially when it showed you the harpoon in the chamber during zed time. Now the handle works more like a pump action and there's a bending design to... I guess you would call it the bolt? Like a luger, I guess. I don't find it as visually interesting nor the action as satisfying. KF1's variant also had a visual design that gave you an idea of how it was built(I loved the zip ties on the magazine and magazine well) but in KF2 it looks really boxy and not at all like what you'd expect from a harpoon gun. The KF2 variant also doesn't have any color, giving a bland, mass-produced vibe in place of the handmade look the original had. Maybe I just don't like how different it is and I just need to give it more time to get used to it but the initial reaction is off-putting and only makes me miss the KF1 Seal Squeal even more.

Upvote 0
Outpost objective's snow storm fog effect, I thought it was nice touch when I first saw it, as a difference from the survival version of the map, but I hate that it was also applied to outpost on survival. It was great as one of the few maps in the game with no visibility issues at all, that was a big part of why outpost was one of my favorites. But now, it's a strain on the eyes, like most maps, identifying zeds at moderate distance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so the objective mode was alright, (bring back the gears) you do not have to be close to the wall for the gears to be placed ??, like 8 feet away from the wall they get placed in. Should be able to place them in with (Action button) at the wall. That i do not like. Also on the wave from being teleported, lost all my weapons ??? (bug) or intended ? I ready read the first part of this post where no short, no medium, no long? so its 9/10 waves then Boss 10/10 correct? no glitch?

Upvote 0
Azukki;n2331984 said:
Outpost objective's snow storm fog effect, I thought it was nice touch when I first saw it, as a difference from the survival version of the map, but I hate that it was also applied to outpost on survival. It was great as one of the few maps in the game with no visibility issues at all, that was a big part of why outpost was one of my favorites. But now, it's a strain on the eyes, like most maps, identifying zeds at moderate distance.

Tbh i love the effect and it brings different look to the same map after 4 years, but yeah i will agree on visibility.
Would be cool tho if it was dynamic, that the snow storm could come in at any moment and stay for 2-3 waves and then gradually clear out during the wave.

It's one of those environmental actions that honestly makes sense for it to come in and out without staying too long, unlike the nuke fog or ashes from the active volcano that will be pouring till the match ends.

Reactions: imnrk
Upvote 0
This update just makes me think that Tripwire should make a full on steampunk game. The creativity really shines in these maps and makes me wanna explore a Tripwire steampunk world.

Or more Lockhart objective maps lol. Is Lockhart and his missions canon? It would be funny if a Horzine scientist made a ton of steampunk stuff with Horzine tech.

Upvote 0
Coffee009;n2332115 said:
This update just makes me think that Tripwire should make a full on steampunk game. The creativity really shines in these maps and makes me wanna explore a Tripwire steampunk world.

Or more Lockhart objective maps lol.

I couldn't agree more! Steampunk is underexplored territory in gaming anyways, I'm sure Tripwire could find a market for it.

At least we can look forward to Monnbase coming back next summer, with a potential Steampunk twist to it.

Reactions: Coffee009
Upvote 0
The new objective mode plays better than in KF1. For now it's actually more fun than just surviving. If you add more different objectives and different maps in a specific order and make the individual maps combine to a story it can lead to the first story mode for Killing Floor.

When they released the Steampunk stuff in KF1 it kind of fascinated me because of the interesting combinations of techs from today and an alternative reality. The aesthetics and visuals are very different from our reality and is very entertaining.
I kind of learned to love and enjoy the Steampunk phenomenon that way and so I'd enjoy more of it in Killing Floor but I also think that not everybody will like it that much.
I still hope for the Steampunk shotgun from KF1... haha!

I also love that TWI is very creative and brave(?) to try new things and designs. The Cyberpunk thing is something I wasn't really interested in but since the update I was curious.

Upvote 0
Still waiting for a hud update for underbarrel GL's
tSaDbht.jpg

Upvote 0
Yoshiro Can devs add to the "legacy health bar" option in the gameplay options, to also revert the Demo/Supp resupply pack icons and their colors back?
Icons were nice in size and bright in colors and you knew what you could get it from it.... now tho you can also understand what you can get but that green blends in too much with other colors on the map because of it being neutral and yellow now is less poppy than it used to (probably because of resupply icons being too small currently)

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0