• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Something Old and Something New

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone!

The team in the lab have been at it again! This time they have mixed it up with something they found gathering dust and rust in a closet and one of their new "inspired" ideas. We can only hope they cleaned those things before testing it and rushing it out to the trader pod system, but we make no promises.

First up, we have something new for the Demolitionist in all of you. The Seal Squeal is an explosive semi-automatic harpoon launcher that fires explosive laden harpoons. Each one of these lovely rounds are wrapped with a timed explosive that can pin zeds to another surface. Think of it as gore-geous wall art! They attach themselves to anything you may want to go boom.This baby has two detonation modes to let you control exactly when the explosions happen. The default mode self detonates after 4 seconds. If that's not your style and you prefer to play with your prey, the alt-fire let's you control the explosion much like C-4. We know what mercs are wondering next. All this for the low, low price of 1100 Dosh as a Tier 3 weapon at a trader pod near you.

sealsqueal.jpg

Have you ever wanted to smack around your fellow mercs to make them all better (and perhaps to make your own experience a tad more cathartic)? For the overworked and underpaid Medics out there, we introduce the Hemoclobber. This beauty is a medical melee weapon that combines the technology of the medical syringe with the fun of beating things to a pulp. It heals players and poisons Zeds on Light Attacks. The Heavy Attack uses ammunition for an extra punch. If you strike a Zed or player with it, it will cause an explosion of medical gas that damages all Zeds in the explosion radius while healing players nearby. We feel confident that both Medics and Berserkers will find this multi use Tier 3 weapon a bargain at 1100 Dosh.

hemoclobber.jpg

We will have more intel to share soon mercs so stay tuned!

The idea of smacking someone with a Bat to heal them is quite humorous.
    It's also a nice way of giving everyone a variation of the Road Redeemer which, going off the brief experience I had with it, wasn't much to write home about.

I look forward to more on these and whatever else you guys have in store for us. :)

Upvote 0
    war.to.fame;n2331397 said:
    so with these powerful weapons will TW be adjusting the difficulty for all levels and another round of balancing ? Seems KF2 is becoming very easy now with more powerful weapons being pushed out. Scrakes and Fleshpounds don`t have a chance anymore, only real challenge is the E.D.A.Rs....

dont get your hopes up, we still dont know the numbers.
    ​​​​​​

Upvote 0
    flashn00b;n2331401 said:
    Kinda wish the Seal Squeal was cross-perked with Sharpshooter, because the whole "Demo vs Sharp" argument definitely needs to be settled. A cross-perk weapon would settle this debate once and for all.

or have sharp his high power weapons stay high powered without being nerfed because of kids crying about the guns being OP and that sharp shouldn't do his job aka actually killing big zeds as fast as possible.
    Faster than any other perk, as sharp is by default balanced by his worst survivability chances.

and yet here we are.

Upvote 0
    LolzMan1325;n2331410 said:
    this reminds me, remember when everyone begged for the pulverizer to be cross-perk with demo because of the explosive alt-fire and then proceeded to never use it at all because it's bad and the grenade launchers are (obviously) better

Considering how KF2 is balanced, i feel like the Seal Squeal will feel more like a ballistic weapon with an explosive secondary attack since headshot damage multipliers are practically dead in KF2 (You can only increase headshot damage with Berserker and Sharpshooter skills). In the case of Demolitionist, you'll likely focus on raw damage while a Sharpshooter could focus on getting a full Rack em Up stack before detonating his explosives. You could also crouch and stand still to activate Sniper and Stability prior to detonating the harpoon explosives.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    flashn00b;n2331411 said:
    Considering how KF2 is balanced, i feel like the Seal Squeal will feel more like a ballistic weapon with an explosive secondary attack since headshot damage multipliers are practically dead in KF2 (You can only increase headshot damage with Berserker and Sharpshooter skills). In the case of Demolitionist, you'll likely focus on raw damage while a Sharpshooter could focus on getting a full Rack em Up stack before detonating his explosives. You could also crouch and stand still to activate Sniper and Stability prior to detonating the harpoon explosives.

yea that sounds more like a dual-purpose legit cross-perk weapon, unlike the pulverizer which kinda goes against demo's strengths & capabilities: if you try to use the pulv as demo what ultimately happens is you get close, it does garbage damage, you get surrounded or caught up in something, and you can't back up to use your launchers so you get torn up so IMO i don't think the pulv works well as a demo weapon at all, even if the secondary is "explosive" i don't think that's enough grounds to give it to the explosives perk

Upvote 0
    LolzMan1325;n2331410 said:
    this reminds me, remember when everyone begged for the pulverizer to be cross-perk with demo because of the explosive alt-fire and then proceeded to never use it at all because it's bad and the grenade launchers are (obviously) better

Sigh, while I like how some weapons can be used effectively by multiple perks there are others which should be perk-exclusive *Cough*Tommy Gun*Cough*

Upvote 0