• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Cyber Revolt Beta Is Here

2 initial thoughts

1) The healing dart cooldown upgrade change for the SMG is really neat. I'd like to see more changes where the utility of guns increase as they are upgraded. Not sure if this is already done, but its really neat. Maybe like longer lasting ground fires, less recoil, more pellets for shotguns.

2) The skills for survivalist are decent at level 10. I'd still say maybe like really light health regen for melee.
The rest of the skills still really need to be compressed. Level 5 especially. If level 20 skills were combined and weakened accordingly so you dont have 2 big skills, that would be better for theming your build towards a specific playstyle rather than always getting some demolitionist stuff at 20.
I'll give more thoughts on this after I've played the beta though.

Upvote 0
I proposed an energy weapon perk 7 months ago. It was 58% upvoted, i.e. almost as many hated it as liked it.

Now you come up with 2 energy weapons, shove one up the FIREbug's ***, the other one to the survivalist's. I just don't get it. What on earth does the firebug have to do with phasers from Star Trek? It's ridiculous. It couldn't be more off. It's just plain WRONG and totally out of place.

... You could even make the microwave gun crossperk between the two. INFINITE number of possibilities with this perk.

But nope. Make the flamethrower guy spew energy blasts. That makes so much sense. Not.

Typical "we have no idea or perspective so let's just add random things at random places" approach. I DON'T GET IT. It all started with the stupid EDARs. It all went downhill since then.

Same goes for the "there are many stupid bugs so let's make it impossible to screw up" changes.

Or the survivalist, which sucks @ss by design. Then you promise fixing it. Guess what the fix is: let's add more percents to existing bonuses. Gee whiz, now survivalist is suddenly such a well designed perk! Facepalm.

At this point, I'm just playing for the sake of it, one more prestige level, max out, let it rest for another 3 months.

Shame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0