• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Don't Panic!

Aleflippy;n2329477 said:
Are you thinking of another zed? Because crawlers are truly cannon fooder for the firebug

(at least when I play it teeheehee)

They just jump and run away from fire, well ok, fine. Gas crawles doesn't give a damn and just explode into your face. If firebug can't do somesing about it/prevent it from happening then I don't see the point of firebug even dealing with them.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2329499 said:
I thought napalm was useless in the sense it spreads fire with zeds touching each other. Seems pointless when you're normally setting fire to groups of zeds directly, but I was unaware of it stacking damage aside from increasing the burn duration a foe would take.

Ironically, ZEDs spreading fire by bumping into each other is the least expected and the rarest of this skill's effects. From what i saw back then, during the time i was testing this skill is that specific event (bump) occurs quite rare, even if it visually looks like ZEDs make a contact with each other it still does not register bump. Of cause there are exceptions - in close quarters, sprinting SC / FP, unreachable players etc..

The skill's other effect is that when you attack your prime target it creates an AOE around this target and applies damage to nearby ZEDs. Back then there was a bug where nearby ZEDs were taking this AOE damage as often as your target allowing you to wipe a group of ZEDs as it if was only one. TWI then fixed it by tweaking the way it works (adding timer, reducing check radius and some other changes too) but the issue with the main target still persists - with your every attack ZED as well takes Napalm damage as the same time and rate. Without taking resistances and damage bonuses on account Napalm does 7 points of damage, Caulk n Burn, for example, - 10 points.

Upvote 0
simplecat;n2329511 said:
Ironically, ZEDs spreading fire by bumping into each other is the least expected and the rarest of this skill's effects. From what i saw back then, during the time i was testing this skill is that specific event (bump) occurs quite rare, even if it visually looks like ZEDs make a contact with each other it still does not register bump. Of cause there are exceptions - in close quarters, sprinting SC / FP, unreachable players etc..

The skill's other effect is that when you attack your prime target it creates an AOE around this target and applies damage to nearby ZEDs. Back then there was a bug where nearby ZEDs were taking this AOE damage as often as your target allowing you to wipe a group of ZEDs as it if was only one. TWI then fixed it by tweaking the way it works (adding timer, reducing check radius and some other changes too) but the issue with the main target still persists - with your every attack ZED as well takes Napalm damage as the same time and rate. Without taking resistances and damage bonuses on account Napalm does 7 points of damage, Caulk n Burn, for example, - 10 points.

So they changed napalm, which was working as it should, for something that does nothing more than add additional DOT.

Peeerfeeeeect....

Upvote 0
missing_trigger;n2329510 said:
They just jump and run away from fire, well ok, fine. Gas crawles doesn't give a damn and just explode into your face. If firebug can't do somesing about it/prevent it from happening then I don't see the point of firebug even dealing with them.

Well they may be feral but even zeds seem to know pain. I doubt you'd stand in the fire quietly...

I'm not even trying to be an ass there, I genuinely never had any problem to deal with crawlers as a FB.

Upvote 0
First off, thank you guys for being so awesome. I've played this across PS4 and PC for years.. you guys are truly some of the best devs out there. Keep it up. I'm a fan for life.

I play FB a lot. It's my fav class especially since the introduction of the Husk Cannon (my fav weapon in the game personally) so I really appreciate the changes being made to FB, particularly beefing up the panic for the Husk and the not dying from your own cannon blast. Maybe perhaps giving the Mac10 a few more DMG points? :)

With that being said, I kind of disagree with the overall panic changes. Copycat stated it perfectly. A FB mostly assists hence why any good FB should have 3x more assists than kills and being able to panic charging FPs or Scrakes who have cornered a teammate is crucial.

Plus on custom maps where there are tight quarters or long open hallways that sporadic movement helped slow the wave down from hitting us all at once. On maps with edges this could eve cause them to go off the edge giving us that much needed breather. They'd respawn with full health so truth be told, that sporadic movement saves them sometimes.

On another note, I didn't know that Zeds spawning in front of my face was a bug.. PLEASE don't change that. I definitely love the new drop spawning and if they spawn in front of me.. well shame on me for being by myself... and needing new pants.

Upvote 0