• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Double XP Event Extended For All Players!

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone,

An issue was discovered heading into the weekend of the Double XP week. This issue was causing the Double XP deployment to fail on a specific server environment (Linux based servers). To all players that may have been impacted by this issue, please accept our sincere apology.

To make up for the lost Double XP time, the Double XP event has been extended by 7 days on all platforms (ending on the 25th). To our Xbox players, you will also be receiving 10 Christmas tickets (check your inventory) in addition to the Double XP extension, as you were unable to experience the Double XP event this past weekend. Please note, if you were already logged in at the time of the ticket grant, you may need to restart the game client to see the tickets in your inventory. Once again, we apologize for not catching this before the event started.

Please be sure to follow us on our Twitter for up to the moment updates that we may post. Twitter: @KillingFloor

Thank you for your continued patience, support, and passion for Killing Floor 2

*rant begin

The inner conspiracy theorist in me says - nay, screams - that the linux issue was planted there deliberately by Tripwire as an excuse to extend the event for a week, thus attracting more attention from the playerbase and letting the numbers (and sales) rise.

"But who cares, a little more xp never hurt anyone". Next thing you know, Tripwire will start planting subtle undertones to all the audio, submitting us to be under their complete and udder control at a whim. (assuming they haven't already)

Well jokes on you, Yoshiro! I keep earplugs in at ALL TIMES, just for this reason. Plus, years upon years of training a will of iron gives me the necessary fortitude to resist buying more crate packs. So I will continue to enjoy the benefits of double xp without playing pawn to the corporation.

*rant end

Upvote 0
    imnrk;n2328785 said:
    *rant begin

The inner conspiracy theorist in me says - nay, screams - that the linux issue was planted there deliberately by Tripwire as an excuse to extend the event for a week, thus attracting more attention from the playerbase and letting the numbers (and sales) rise.

"But who cares, a little more xp never hurt anyone". Next thing you know, Tripwire will start planting subtle undertones to all the audio, submitting us to be under their complete and udder control at a whim. (assuming they haven't already)

Well jokes on you, Yoshiro! I keep earplugs in at ALL TIMES, just for this reason. Plus, years upon years of training a will of iron gives me the necessary fortitude to resist buying more crate packs. So I will continue to enjoy the benefits of double xp without playing pawn to the corporation.

*rant end

Thats not a rant, thats a tinfoil conspiracy.

Upvote 0
    jarmsden;n2329055 said:
    What amazes me right now it the lack of response from Tripwire about issues with Linux servers on the double experience. Extending the week without fixes for dedicated Linux servers does us no good. Not sure I want to keep supporting this game anymore.

relax and wait for the next changelog for any linux related news.
    if you're impatient, just ask someone from twi directly through dm and learn if they are working on this issue or not.

Upvote 0