• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Build 1073 Opt-In Twisted Christmas Beta!

pie1055;n2326861 said:
...As well as pipe bombs, M7A3M, HSG-1, Chainsaw, Scythe, Buzzsaw Bow, LAW, ZED, 44 magnum(s)...

I'd argue that the LAW as been replaced by the RPG-7
The chainsaw/buzzsaw bow by the Eviscerator
The HSG-1 by the HZ-12
And the M7A3 by the Medic AR

But yeah... I get your point.

Still, the MK23 was actually part of Tripwire's plan at some point.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2326862 said:
I'd argue that the LAW as been replaced by the RPG-7
The chainsaw/buzzsaw bow by the Eviscerator
The HSG-1 by the HZ-12
And the M7A3 by the Medic AR

But yeah... I get your point.

Still, the MK23 was actually part of Tripwire's plan at some point.

I was unaware of the MK23 being intended to be in the game. Nevertheless, there's still quite a few weapons from KF1 that have not been accurately recreated in KF2. The Medic AR has nowhere near the same feel as the M7A3, for example. It's a bit somber but as long as KF2 continues to receive updates there's a chance we'll see them yet.

Upvote 0
Lorkenpeist;n2326767 said:
Is it just me or is the market suddenly flooded with gold weapon skins after this update? It kind of sucks to pay $50+ each for items that are suddenly worth 5-10. Something in the new zedconomy algorithm may be off.

It has been trending this way for a while - need to keep an eye on these things to avoid "taking a bath".

I say this as a person who spent $120 on a precious RPG only to find TWI put it in the in-game store for $25.

That was the last skin I spent more than 5 dollars on lol...

*sigh*

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2326889 said:
It has been trending this way for a while - need to keep an eye on these things to avoid "taking a bath".

I say this as a person who spent $120 on a precious RPG only to find TWI put it in the in-game store for $25.

That was the last skin I spent more than 5 dollars on lol...

*sigh*

Well yes it has been trending that way, but last weekend it looks like just about every single gold weapon skin tanked at once, and I don't see them in the in game store. Unless the store for the beta is different? I haven't opted in.

Upvote 0
Lorkenpeist;n2326891 said:
Well yes it has been trending that way, but last weekend it looks like just about every single gold weapon skin tanked at once, and I don't see them in the in game store. Unless the store for the beta is different? I haven't opted in.

Ignore my comment regarding the in-game store, I was just noting my bad experience that stopped me from spending a whole lot on KF2 skins anymore. The point is that the market can bottom out and any given time. If you're worried about suddenly seeing things listed at a much lesser price than you paid you should really reconsider purchasing them up front.

At some point the available inventory will exceed the number of interested players and with the game being about 3 years old I can only imagine this trend to continue and prices to drop further. Maybe one day they'll actually be reasonable (in-game store listing any weapon skin for 25 dollars is downright insulting).

Upvote 0
Lorkenpeist;n2326891 said:

Hi again, Lork.

I did some more digging on this over the weekend and found some interesting reading over @ reddit.

It seems the consensus is a lot of owners are trying to sell off some of their items prior to the "no more duplicate items" going into effect. The fear is the price is really about to bottom out, so expect things to continue on the path they are if you were hoping to get some of that money back.

It's also a great time to pick up deals on RGB if you were waiting (like I was). I broke my promise to myself and shelled out some money for an M16 and seeker six over the weekend lol.

So pretty.. :)

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2327043 said:
Hi again, Lork.

I did some more digging on this over the weekend and found some interesting reading over @ reddit.

It seems the consensus is a lot of owners are trying to sell off some of their items prior to the "no more duplicate items" going into effect. The fear is the price is really about to bottom out, so expect things to continue on the path they are if you were hoping to get some of that money back.

It's also a great time to pick up deals on RGB if you were waiting (like I was). I broke my promise to myself and shelled out some money for an M16 and seeker six over the weekend lol.

So pretty.. :)

Ah, that explains it. Not a glitch in the algorithm, just people losing confidence in the current price of items. Perhaps I can get the items I want most at a low price, and if I'm lucky they'll eventually go back up and I can make a small profit :) Worst case scenario I get to be an all gold SWAT XD

Upvote 0
Zakxaev68;n2327100 said:
...11 usd for... a NEON weapon skin? ...You are killing it, lads. Better waste the money on some Steam Sale discount!

No matter how you look at it, a purchase on Steam is a purchase for virtual property that is basically a waste of money.

It's all about what you consider "worth it" to you. If you want it, you buy it - especially speaking as an adult gamer in his 30's.

If you get hung up on 11 dollars that's your prerogative. :)

Upvote 0