• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gary wishes you a Seasons Beatings this holiday!

war.to.fame;n2326543 said:
Now this is an Actor i would pay $12.99 for an extra character!

With all due respect to both the man and Tripwire's, that's too bloody expensive for a single character...that doesn't change anything gameplay-wise mind you.

But yeah, definitely a freaking awesome character nonetheless!

(Kinda hoping we'll be getting other characters that are NOT DLCs every once in a while)

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2326579 said:
With all due respect to both the man and Tripwire's, that's too bloody expensive for a single character...that doesn't change anything gameplay-wise mind you.

(Kinda hoping we'll be getting other characters that are NOT DLCs every once in a while)

Eh.. typically I cringe at that type of price for a character, but I doubt Gary was cheap to get lol.

I'm sure many people will be buying just based on name recognition.

Hopefully the lines are pretty funny - hard to tell with the small tease in the video.

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2326588 said:
Eh.. typically I cringe at that type of price for a character, but I doubt Gary was cheap to get lol.

I'm sure many people will be buying just based on name recognition.

Hopefully the lines are pretty funny - hard to tell with the small tease in the video.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than impressed that the man himself sat out to voice a character, for a "medium game" (meaning, neither AAA nor a little indie one).

Still, paying nearly half the price of the game for a character that doesn't even mean anything to the game (since Killing Floor doesn't really have a "story" nor "protagonists") is really a pain in the ass. I'm all for supporting the developpers, but I think it would actually benefit them to make it just a wee bit cheaper... More people would buy it (hopefully?). Maybe it's just me though.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2326579 said:

Yes it is a little to high but I held off buying Mis. Foster, Garys success as an actor shows he is worth every penny in my eyes.

Upvote 0
AmericanAutobot;n2326694 said:
Can we get a World War II US Marine character for Christmas? Please?

Anton Strasser looks so lonely without another World War II buddy by his side. And it would make an awesome addition to the M1A1 Thompson!

*yawn* , yet another US soldier... As if we didn't see them enough in games. Not to mention we already have Masterson.

No, if we need to add yet another WW2 veteran, let it be from another country. Russian, French, British, Canadian... But not yet a freaking Marine.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2326723 said:
*yawn* , yet another US soldier... As if we didn't see them enough in games. Not to mention we already have Masterson.

No, if we need to add yet another WW2 veteran, let it be from another country. Russian, French, British, Canadian... But not yet a freaking Marine.

Masterson is a British soldier, not US. Besides, there's only ONE that's probably US and that's Don. But he's not a soldier. And it's not like I'm asking for a whole new group of US characters. Just the one WWII Marine for the Thompson that's being added. If a World War II gun is being added, it's actually fitting for a WWII US soldier to be the addition to the Thompson.

I could also ask for a Cold War Russian, and to have an AK-47 with the undermount Flamethrower for the Firebug/Commando.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AmericanAutobot;n2326753 said:
Masterson is a British soldier, not US. Besides, there's only ONE that's probably US and that's Don. But he's not a soldier. And it's not like I'm asking for a whole new group of US characters. Just the one WWII Marine for the Thompson that's being added. If a World War II gun is being added, it's actually fitting for a WWII US soldier to be the addition to the Thompson.

I could also ask for a Cold War Russian, and to have an AK-47 with the undermount Flamethrower for the Firebug/Commando.

My bad, he is British. The fact his voice actor is american got me.

This being said, that's still a pretty wonky reason to add a marine. You didn't get a marine with the inclusion of the Trenchgun, nor a Belgian soldier along with the P90. Neither a did an Israeli soldier pop along with the deagle... Or a cowboy with the 1858.

IF we really have to go that route, I'd much rather have a mafioso character. At least it would be fairly iconic.

Reactions: AmericanAutobot
Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2326723 said:

And if we're going to talk about adding other WWII vets, please add in these guns:

WWII Russian:
PPSh-41 for SWAT
Scoped Mosin-Nagant for Sharpshooter
And the TT-33 Sidearm for Gunslinger

WWII British:
Sten gun for SWAT
Lee-Enfield for Sharpshooter
And the Webley Mk VI Revolver for Gunslinger

But other than that, if you're going to add a Thompson, let a WWII US Marine take the stand. Please add in these other guns BEFORE talking about that.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2326754 said:
My bad, he is British. The fact his voice actor is american got me.

This being said, that's still a pretty wonky reason to add a marine. You didn't get a marine with the inclusion of the Trenchgun, nor a Belgian soldier along with the P90. Neither a did an Israeli soldier pop along with the deagle... Or a cowboy with the 1858.

IF we really have to go that route, I'd much rather have a mafioso character. At least it would be fairly iconic.

OH wait! Better idea! Instead of what I suggested, why not do this instead?

1920s Chicago Mobster:
With the Drum Mag Thompson like you said.

WWII US Airborne;
Add the M2 Carbine with him.

Why? Because the M1A1 Carbine was widely used by Paratroopers in the war, and this was upgraded into the M2 Carbine. It can be switched from Fully-Automatic to Semi-Automatic. There is also an extended mag for 30 rounds to make it an efficient Killing Floor rifle for Commando

WWII British Commando;
Add the Sten gun for SWAT, as it was widely used by British Commandos during the war.

WWII Russian Female Sniper;
Add a Scoped Mosin-Nagant(Or a scoped SVT-40)

Why? Cause there were female snipers in Russia during the war. So it's actually fitting.

What do you think?

This would add a unique variety with WWII characters, as Anton Strasser is already in standard German Infrantry uniform, so there's more types of WWII infrantry and would not at all make people think you're trying to add only more US characters(And they could actually see Killing Floor 2 having some fun with a mobster as an addition to the roster.)

Upvote 0
AmericanAutobot;n2326759 said:
OH wait! Better idea! Instead of what I suggested, why not do this instead?

1920s Chicago Mobster:
With the Drum Mag Thompson like you said.

WWII US Airborne;
Add the M2 Carbine with him.

Why? Because the M1A1 Carbine was widely used by Paratroopers in the war, and this was upgraded into the M2 Carbine. It can be switched from Fully-Automatic to Semi-Automatic. There is also an extended mag for 30 rounds to make it an efficient Killing Floor rifle for Commando

WWII British Commando;
Add the Sten gun for SWAT, as it was widely used by British Commandos during the war.

WWII Russian Female Sniper;
Add a Scoped Mosin-Nagant(Or a scoped SVT-40)

Why? Cause there were female snipers in Russia during the war. So it's actually fitting.

What do you think?

This would add a unique variety with WWII characters, as Anton Strasser is already in standard German Infrantry uniform, so there's more types of WWII infrantry and would not at all make people think you're trying to add only more US characters(And they could actually see Killing Floor 2 having some fun with a mobster as an addition to the roster.)

While it would definitely please the War History buff in me, keep in mind that Killing Floor is not a "nazi zombie" game. Anton is already quite a tacky addition to the game (even if I ended up enjoying the character... if I can say so). Plus as I said, it is not common to add weapons along with characters (except with Tom Banner and the Zweihander, which was recieved rather poorly).

Not to mention that new characters require new voice acting, which cost money. And apparently, it is Tripwire's new thing to count on the new characters to pay for the numerous free updates. So... I doubt they'll release it as a free, content update.

Reactions: AmericanAutobot
Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2326780 said:
While it would definitely please the War History buff in me, keep in mind that Killing Floor is not a "nazi zombie" game. Anton is already quite a tacky addition to the game (even if I ended up enjoying the character... if I can say so). Plus as I said, it is not common to add weapons along with characters (except with Tom Banner and the Zweihander, which was recieved rather poorly).

Not to mention that new characters require new voice acting, which cost money. And apparently, it is Tripwire's new thing to count on the new characters to pay for the numerous free updates. So... I doubt they'll release it as a free, content update.

It may not be a Nazi Zombie game, it's nonetheless fun to add some historical equipment to it. I rather enjoy using historical firearms in modern times. And I can definately see that Killing Floor is about fun. I think having both modern and historical thrown into the mix just makes killing Zeds all the more fun. Especially when we're raining hell on those bosses.

You may got a point though... they would probably get us to pay up for it.

Upvote 0