• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Santa Is Coming To Town (For A Beta)

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone!

While the Killing Floor 2 Halloween Horrors Monster Masquerade event has just ended, the festivities begin anew!
    twistedxmaslogo.png

Starting tomorrow, PC players will be able to opt into the Twisted Christmas Season's Beatings beta and start their journey through Santa's Workshop to help take it back from that Abomination of a Krampus!

workshop.jpg

This includes the already announced 3 new weapons, the Fire Axe, Thompson SMG, and M32 Grenade launcher. Players will also receive the MKB if they did not unlock it during the Monster Masquerade.
    KF2_M32MGL.jpg

Joining Santa's Workshop is the community map Shopping Spree, for all your holiday last minute gift pickups.
    shoppingspree01.jpg

But that is not all! We've got a few last minute gifts for you! First, we've been working towards player requested changes for the ZedConomy and a major part of that is ready and will be a part of this beta!

Specific crates and keys will be available for direct purchase so players do not need to hunt down a crate that they want to open or wait for it to drop. And even more importantly, moving ahead crates will no longer drop duplicate items until ever item in the crate has been obtained! Keep in mind this ONLY applies to items opened from the beta forward and does NOT apply to the vault dosh crates.

And we have some gameplay of the new update in action as part of our first Tripwire Interactive Community Report!

The TICR is something new we are hoping to continue moving ahead, gathering up all the news beats from around Tripwire and the games we are working on. Please let us know what you think of the first and what more you would want out of it! And we have one more surprise for you so keep an eye out tomorrow!

Last edited:
    I'm guessing tomorrow's "surprise" will be the changes to the weapon upgrade system. If I'm not mistaken, they were supposed to come with this update.

But WHY oh WHY does this beta have to launch on the same day as "Curse of the Vampire Coast"? Major updates for two amazing games in one day, what's a working man supposed to do?

I'm not keen on the "TICR" format - I'm one of those wierd people who prefers walls of text and jumbled screenshots. It seems ok for what it is though.

Upvote 0
    trpsterW;n2326528 said:
    Downloaded the preview. It was really small, 175MB. No new guns or maps?
    I also can't equip my 9mm mint neon skin since this update...

Mate, next time you should wait until tripwire actually releases the beta preview before opting into it.
    Looks like you reverted back to a version of the Halloween update when it was still in beta and neon skins didn't work.

Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2326506 said:
    Specific crates and keys will be available for direct purchase so players do not need to hunt down a crate that they want to open or wait for it to drop. And even more importantly, moving ahead crates will no longer drop duplicate items until ever item in the crate has been obtained! Keep in mind this ONLY applies to items opened from the beta forward and does NOT apply to the vault dosh crates.

Ok, it needs to be asked.

If you, TWI, are aware of a way to avoid players receiving duplicate items from a crates, why wouldn't you apply the same logic to the dosh vault crates? Seems illogical not to apply to all crates...

At a glance it looks like "we fixed the ones you pay for but the frees ones you just need to keep enjoying those duplicates".

Please explain.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    infntnub;n2326582 said:
    Ok, it needs to be asked.

If you, TWI, are aware of a way to avoid players receiving duplicate items from a crates, why wouldn't you apply the same logic to the dosh vault crates? Seems illogical not to apply to all crates...

At a glance it looks like "we fixed the ones you pay for but the frees ones you just need to keep enjoying those duplicates".

Please explain.

On one hand, I wasn't gonna complain since Vosh Crates are free and all and one can only ask so much.........

..........until I saw someone running around in new Christmas pajamas last night.

Are you guys really gonna clog up the drop table with another Pajamapocalypse???

I would be SUPER-OK with Vosh Crates recording and avoiding duplicates of even -just- seasonal outfits.

Upvote 0