• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Nick's Plan

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Ho Ho Ho everyone!

Nick here, with an important message to all mercenaries. I've got a big mission coming up and I'm building a team who is ready to deal with the fantastic, the magical, and the downright scary. That abomination of a Krampus stole my Workshop, and I am getting it back. You in?
    workshop.jpg

So here is the plan. First, we have to break into my Workshop, should be easy enough with you there to cover my back. Then we'll need to acquire a sleigh to haul a large package and move it deeper into the workshop.

From there we'll need to get some of my old machinery up and running, as we'll be building a special present for Krampus (that is why we need the sleigh dummies)! But once we've got that package ready, there is no turning back.... It packs quite a bit of Christmas spirit! More details will be provided on site, and I'll be holding some test runs (beta) hopefully in the next few weeks - so keep an ear out for my jingle!

While I do like your constant flow of content very much, I'm not a huge fan of seasonal events. It is fun to see a one-off event per year, but when you know in advance, that there'll be x-mas themed stuff in winter, steampunk for spring, clowns during summer and pumpkins in fall, it wears old really fast. Not that you're doing it badly - the skins look nice enough, there are new audio files, the whole shebang - but if you know it's coming every single time, it looses a lot of novelty real fast.

May I suggest that you try for something like a campaign? I bet you could tell a kickass story in this game. A bunch of the maps could probably recycled for this, throw in some new objectives and a cut-sequence here or there and viola. Doesn't have to come all at once. You could release it chapter by chapter - like the seasonals now, but with more story and cool factor than just pumpkin-spice zedmeat.

Upvote 0
    Kosake;n2326193 said:
    While I do like your constant flow of content very much, I'm not a huge fan of seasonal events. It is fun to see a one-off event per year, but when you know in advance, that there'll be x-mas themed stuff in winter, steampunk for spring, clowns during summer and pumpkins in fall, it wears old really fast. Not that you're doing it badly - the skins look nice enough, there are new audio files, the whole shebang - but if you know it's coming every single time, it looses a lot of novelty real fast.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're in the minority on the bold comments.

One of my favorite things about KF and KF2 have always been the seasonal events - love it.

Upvote 0
    infntnub;n2326195 said:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're in the minority on the bold comments.

One of my favorite things about KF and KF2 have always been the seasonal events - love it.

He probably is in the minority, but he's not alone at that!

I too get a little weary of these seasonal events. At least we have spring for just pure KF2. (So far, at least)

Upvote 0
    infntnub;n2326195 said:

Might very well be. And I can absolutely understand that a lot of people like the seasonals. As I said, they are pretty well done, with lot of attention to details. It's just that I would love to see more of the "clones have overrun the whole world, there's riot in the streets, fight for your lives"-setting. Maybe I take the game's lore more serious than I ought to, but I do like the post-apocalypse settings.

Upvote 0
    Kosake;n2326199 said:
    Might very well be. And I can absolutely understand that a lot of people like the seasonals. As I said, they are pretty well done, with lot of attention to details. It's just that I would love to see more of the "clones have overrun the whole world, there's riot in the streets, fight for your lives"-setting. Maybe I take the game's lore more serious than I ought to, but I do like the post-apocalypse settings.

Oh yeah man, there's nothing wrong with the standard zeds and their skins so I'm also not faulting you for your preference. I just think a lot of people tend to enjoy the reskins TWI provides around the holidays. It just so happens you're in a stretch with 2 close events in Halloween and Xmas. We have a pretty long period after Xmas with nothing going on though so it kind of works out for everyone. :)

Upvote 0
    It's a big "meh" from me. For some reasons, I've always liked Killing Floor to remain simple. With plenty of killing and little else. I've never been too keen on Objective mods, mostly because they are often quite a shore to play.

Oh and for my two cents with the ongoing debate : no, I don't feel fatigue at all regarding the events. I just hope that we'll see some switch with it however. It's already nice that we got a brand new halloween event, but why not something else for summer as well? "Freak show" was great while it lasted but after so many years, it's really not that interesting anymore.

Reactions: Aze
    Upvote 0
    Hope its a deliver package mission that use Attach Actor "attach" package to a player.

Just like how this work:
    [video=youtube;e_qkE-MvsK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_qkE-MvsK0[/video]

Unfortunately the Attach Actor won't work very perfect in Multi-player game, the server won't memorize the position of attachee, cause the package detached when other players are far away from the package taker.

Hope the team can fix the Attach Actor bug so we can call Nick to build a "Present Express" mini game.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0