• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Somebody Told Us You Would Need These Presents

flashn00b;n2325660 said:
But the Crovel and Axe would largely be identical in terms of functionality. Why wouldn't it pass off as a reskin?

If we have to get technical; I think the difference between the Crovel and the Axe, weight-wise, is rather different. A Crovel is a lot more evenly weighted across the weapon, while a Fire Axe is a lot more "one-side end-heavy". They would swing differently, momentum-wise. Thus, I think the Axe will be slightly higher tier, slower and beefier weapon, more similar to the Claymore or Pulverizer.

Upvote 0
LolzMan1325;n2325622 said:
the road redeemer is a reskin of the katana because it's a promotional weapon you need to buy a whole other game to get, so it's a reskin so if you don't get it you don't have any special advantage over other players who didn't buy the other game.

Nope. Try it out if someone with the game joins the server. It has a much slower swing speed than the Katana. Feels more like the Pulverizer but without the explodey bits.

Upvote 0
Kosake;n2325676 said:
Nope. Try it out if someone with the game joins the server. It has a much slower swing speed than the Katana. Feels more like the Pulverizer but without the explodey bits.

stat wise it's the same as the katana, though, according to the big ole doc of everything. i wish it was the pulverizer without the explosive strong attack because then it might actually be worth getting, but the change in damage type from slashing to bludgeon really makes a huge difference in its effectiveness and feedback. some zeds are more vulnerable to slashing than bludgeon, and while the katana has both slashing and its speed going for it, the road redeemer has neither, so it's basically a bad katana.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
007_lord1;n2325616 said:
wondering is [the tommy gun] going to be a commando gun like in KF1(or at least off-perk for commando)

I hope not. The commando got a bunch of weapons in the last update. I love crossperk weapons, and I'm glad TWI has started implementing them. However, the tommy gun is an SMG, plain and simple.

Now fireaxe as a berserker/firebug crossperk, that I would consider.

Upvote 0
Pavlov's Dog;n2325688 said:
I hope not. The commando got a bunch of weapons in the last update. I love crossperk weapons, and I'm glad TWI has started implementing them. However, the tommy gun is an SMG, plain and simple.

Well the Tommy gun was invented almost 45 years before SWAT so clearly it would be a commando gun.

random facts aside SWAT need more crossperk weapons it can only use 2 from other perks and none of its guns are usable by others.

Upvote 0
Woop woop! Damn glad we're getting all those new toys back! I'm always happier to get brand new toys, but timeless classics are good too.

A bit bummed that the MK23 got canned since we're in dire lack of gunslinger weapons, but the other three are good.

I don't exactly know where the fire axe will fit due to the various weapons the perk already has. Maybe giving it the ability to light enemies ablaze (with gasoline-soaked rags maybe?) would set it apart a wee bit.

I've always been a strong advocate AGAINST the M32 due to how powerful it was and how annoying it is with the clouds of smoke it produces. But the creation of the T5 system puts a whole new perspective on it... The bombardier of the game is finally back!

The speakeasy is one of the most epic gun ever made, glad it has the drum mag! I had a soft spot for the steampunk version of the gun, but I guess it didn't truly fit the game... It should definitely be a SWAT weapon though. It's a spray'n'pray gun after all

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Tripwire should start saying FireMAN Axe or Firefighter Axe, and not just "Fire Axe" lol. People forget quite fast when it was said that it would not be a fiery weapon, meaning it would be just the ordinary axe that firemen use to break open doors.

EDIT

And I see a tendency in the comments that players are favoring for new T5 weaponry, does it means that we prefer them because they're unaffected by the current upgrade system? Makes you think.

Anyway, I'm quite pleased to see all these new weapons that are going to be added to the game

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've grown fond of the current upgrade system so it's not like I like T5 weapons specifically because they ignore it. It feels great to undo the strict weapon tier system and be allowed some flexibility in which weapons you choose to use. Makes it feel a bit more like KF1.

New T5s just kinda make sense given we're probably never going to see new T1s(outside of new perks) and new T2s have generally been avoided thus far. I also think we've seen plenty of new T3s and T4s and getting too many of them may make the overall mixture of weaponry a bit lop-sided. It's easy to let the imagination run wild thinking about T5s and I think that will and perhaps already has made for some interesting additions to the weapon pool.

Upvote 0
I personally don't mind T5 or any tiers that much... I just enjoy new weapons. And the upgrade system just increased the viability of every tier anyway.

This being said, I'm still waiting for an interesting T1 replacement... I mean come on, you'd just have to add a button to switch to your favourite gun at the beginning of the match.

Upvote 0
Well originally i was against the M32 MGL because i believed it would be difficult to balance with its large splash damage and rapid fire that would make it very powerful. and honestly think the Seeker Six was a better balanced weapon. but with the introduction of Tier 5, i think it would be better. make this powerful weapon a big investment.

The Thompson im pretty excited for since its in the more iconic drum mag and foregrip style and hopefully is a tier 2 weapon since it would occupy a good spot in SWAT and possibly Commando (if for legacy's sake) as an MP5 alternative as a slower firing, less accurate, harder hitting and larger magazine size counterpart.
and with the Commando, it would still be an alternative to the SA80 but faster firing, less accurate and larger mag weapon. like a early game Stoner for Commandos looking for a machine gun build.

The Fireaxe, honestly not that excited for unless it is very cheap. like 350 dosh, lighter then the crovel and perry reduction bonus, then i could see this as a useful tool against fleshpounds and bosses. but eh, okay i guess.

Upvote 0