• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Somebody Told Us You Would Need These Presents

Aleflippy;n2325908 said:
Yet he could. Again, add some lighter next to the blade, or gasoline-soaked rags around it and call it a day. The firebug is already beyond flamethrowers anyway.
You're forgetting that every class in TF2 is pretty balanced when it comes to melee weapons, and can easily kill each other if you aren't careful. Just because the firebug doesn't always use flamethrowers is not an excuse to give it a melee weapon. Demo has the pulverizer as a crossperk, but demos never use it before they need to stay at range. Firebug would have no use for a melee weapon because they simply aren't balanced around doing melee damage.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
007_lord1;n2325690 said:
Well the Tommy gun was invented almost 45 years before SWAT so clearly it would be a commando gun.

random facts aside SWAT need more crossperk weapons it can only use 2 from other perks and none of its guns are usable by others.

Then the crossperk weapon should be something other than the Tommy gun, which is a pistol caliber carbine with automatic fire capabilities, i.e. a sub machinegun. It went to the commando in KF1 because there was no SWAT class.

Making cross perk weapons for the bullet classes (mando, SWAT, sharps, support, slinger) is difficult because they each have their defined type(s) of guns. If I had to pick an example of something that could go cross-perk between the Commando and SWAT, I would go the Battlefield route: rifle caliber carbine like the M4 or AK74. It's still a stretch, but then you have the carbine sized weapon which fits in with the SWAT's M.O. and you have the rifle caliber which fits in with the mando's weapon set.

Cross-perking for the SWAT and other bullet classes will be tricky, but I'm excited to see what TWI rolls out. They did the flaming MAC-11, which is one of my favorites so there's definitely room for awesome cross-perk weapons.

Upvote 0