• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - See You At PAX WEST!

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    You have seen their concepts, you have heard Hans taunt you. But you want more. You want to see them move from two dimensions to three, and more importantly, when can you enter the masquerade yourselves. Today we can help you with both of those requests.

masqueradebw.png

Hans and his Monsters Masquerade zeds will be entering beta for our PC fans in September, with a full release on all platforms coming in October. Stay tuned for more specifics as we get closer (and you may want to tune in to our upcoming panel at PAX West, or attend in person if you can!)

Last edited:
    Oh boy...The crawler looks even better as a model! It has always been my favourite zed design-wise, glad to see you outdone yourself again.

And vampire Hans seems cool as hell. Glad to see the newcomer getting some more love. The Patriarch may be the zed king, but even the prince needs some love from time to time.

(I really hope it will release early in September though, otherwise CLASSES will be the only thing that will kill me)

Upvote 0
    infntnub;n2323709 said:
    Any chance of a status update on the Survivalist re-work? I assume it's not coming with the Halloween update since it's been quiet as of late - but was wondering if it's coming in 2018?

Honestly, as cool as this event is, (looks like the best one yet!) the eventual Survivalist rework is what I am most looking forward to. The perk has so much potential, and with proper time and budgeting I know Tripwire will pull off something amazing.

That aside, I'm looking forward to Tripwire's presence at PAX. We haven't seen as much Tripwire presence since the game came out officially, both on news outlets like PAX and on the forums. The Alienware stream was great, hoping for something like that. Or maybe it will be like the e3 stream where Munk was like "the update will be out tomorrow."

Upvote 0
    Kosake;n2323736 said:
    Like a dump-perk for any strange weapon idea they had that didn't fit with any other clas? :p

Honestly? I'm totally up for more off-perk/survivalist weapons. The Z.E.D. guns from the first game where oddly satisfying to use, and I'm always seeking more creativity in killing machines... And with guns like the MWG, the seeker six, the pulverizer or the hemogoblin, they didn't disappoint me so far!

This being said, I'm still underwhelmed by the whole survivalist schtick... It just seems like a lazy tenth perk.

Upvote 0
    Aleflippy;n2323757 said:
    Honestly? I'm totally up for more off-perk/survivalist weapons. The Z.E.D. guns from the first game where oddly satisfying to use, and I'm always seeking more creativity in killing machines... And with guns like the MWG, the seeker six, the pulverizer or the hemogoblin, they didn't disappoint me so far!

This being said, I'm still underwhelmed by the whole survivalist schtick... It just seems like a lazy tenth perk.

If you ask me, I'd actually develop him into a real survivalist. Traps (mb claymores instead of grenades), Crossbow (arrow reuse), a bonus for fighting with your knife... What you are describing (MWG, Freezethrower etc) sounds more like some sort of horzine mad scientist perk. Add a tesla gun and acid grenades and you're done. The Survivalist is trickier and could require a slower playstyle which doesn't necessary mesh well with the usual pace of the game.

Upvote 0
    Kosake;n2323769 said:
    If you ask me, I'd actually develop him into a real survivalist. Traps (mb claymores instead of grenades), Crossbow (arrow reuse), a bonus for fighting with your knife... What you are describing (MWG, Freezethrower etc) sounds more like some sort of horzine mad scientist perk. Add a tesla gun and acid grenades and you're done. The Survivalist is trickier and could require a slower playstyle which doesn't necessary mesh well with the usual pace of the game.

Uuuh, you do realize the freezethrower, seeker six and Microwave Gun are all in the game already right?

I only said I enjoyed when Tripwire created an entirely new gun. Not that I wanted the survivalist to inherit all of them.

Because, simply put, I couldn't care less about that perk. The only reason I play it is precisely for the off-perk guns (and he only got one so far: the freezethrower)

Upvote 0
    I honestly thought the Survivalist would have shared more weapon aesthetics and functionality with the Berserker due to its namesake: grungy, rustic and gnarly; instead of polished Horzine weapons. The goreshiv already has the idea down, so what is up with that? The freezethrower could have easily been an alternate Firebug arsenal (should the Survivalist not exist).

A junk-shot shotgun cobbled together with plumbing parts, deployable bear traps or something like a pneumatic javelin launcher would seem to fit better to me.

Upvote 0
    Aleflippy;n2323780 said:
    Uuuh, you do realize the freezethrower, seeker six and Microwave Gun are all in the game already right?

I only said I enjoyed when Tripwire created an entirely new gun. Not that I wanted the survivalist to inherit all of them.

Because, simply put, I couldn't care less about that perk. The only reason I play it is precisely for the off-perk guns (and he only got one so far: the freezethrower)

For as much as I play the Survivalist (it's my 2nd or 3rd most played perk along with demo or firebug), I'm ashamed to admit I've never used the freezethrower... lol.

Upvote 0