• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - See You At PAX WEST!

infntnub;n2323938 said:
For as much as I play the Survivalist (it's my 2nd or 3rd most played perk along with demo or firebug), I'm ashamed to admit I've never used the freezethrower... lol.

Give it a try, really! It's fairly expensive for a tool...And fairly heavy as well. But it does quite a handful of damage for a weapon of it's type, not to mention it's very helpful to freeze crowds of zeds.

Upvote 0
PAX West's schedule says TWI panel is 2:30-3:30, probably their local time for the event in Seattle, so we should see video of the KF2 Halloween stuff in seven hours. Maybe they'll announce the beta opt in as launching right then at the moment?

edit: panel is going now
501 clarified as medic/commando crossperk
FAL clarified t4 sharpshooter/commando crossperk 700rpm select fire
MKb42(H) is reward for the halloween seasonal objectives, then availible for all come christmas
Prestige level 2, rewards are skins for tier 1s
Vampire Hans trader voice for survival/endless

UPDATE RELEASE DATE:
Oct 2nd release for pc/ps4/xbox
"end of next week" (Friday Sept 7th, then?) hopefully first beta

New mapping contest. $50,000 cash prizes, best survival map, and nonsurvival map. Ends Feb 4th 2019

Road Redemption crossover exclusive bat for KF2, katana-like stats.

Big changes to the weapon upgrades system in the december updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
Eight Foot Robot;n2323978 said:
moving the MKb42 into T3 becuase T4 has enough guns is a great move. and may give the AK-12 a decent competitive option. just wish it had a bayonet and does bonus bash damage though.

This.

Also clearly hoping I'll be able to use my last week of holidays to fill some lead into the zeds ~~~~~

(Trying to tempt me with a baseball bat I see? Worse thing is that it could work...)

Kinda sad we're not seeing major changes in the next update. I suppose it also includes the tweaks to the survivalist...?

Glad to see the map contest tradition is still going strong. Good luck to all!

(Also, this update will indeed be the Commando Emporium)

Upvote 0
T3 is caliber appropriate. It's just an assault rifle, shoots intermediate rifle rounds, like the AK12 and M16. Commando T4 seems to be for things beyond assault rifles: SCAR and FAL shoot full power rifle rounds, while Stoner is an LMG, and HM401 has an underbarrel hospital.

For distributing options nicely across the tiers, T4 was a poor choice for MKb. Even without T4 MKb, commando is going to have the most T4 options of any regular perk, four: SCAR, Stoner, HM401, FAL

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only Tier 4 weapons that commando has that can't be played by any other class unless off-perk with no benefits whatsoever are the Scar ans Stoner. You must play commando to use these weapons and have the respective buffs to them. It's adding value to the commando class. Like i said before, I'm willing to wait for more commando weapons that are not cross-perk compatible for the tier 3 and tier 2 slots.

Upvote 0
pop2222;n2324022 said:
The only Tier 4 weapons that commando has that can't be played by any other class unless off-perk with no benefits whatsoever are the Scar ans Stoner. You must play commando to use these weapons and have the respective buffs to them. It's adding value to the commando class. Like i said before, I'm willing to wait for more commando weapons that are not cross-perk compatible for the tier 3 and tier 2 slots.

The **** are you on mate? It matters not that the HM401 and (soon) the FAL are crossperk, the commando buffs and skills apply to them. That's all that matter. And that's even enough to warrant picking a perk over the other... You don't play the medic or sharpshooter the same way as you play the commando, and if you do...You're not playing well.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2324024 said:
The **** are you on mate? It matters not that the HM401 and (soon) the FAL are crossperk, the commando buffs and skills apply to them. That's all that matter. And that's even enough to warrant picking a perk over the other... You don't play the medic or sharpshooter the same way as you play the commando, and if you do...You're not playing well.

Well, let me explain so you can understand why weapons made for a specific class and aren't cross-perk give value and incentive to play the class that can only give buffs to the weapon that was made for it.

First of all it does matter that the hm401, FAL and m16 are crossperk because you don't have to use commando to use these weapons. The Mkb42 on the other hand is made for commando only and will only receive buffs from the commando, therefore adding value to commando.

In my opinion, I think the stoner and Scar, both weapons made specifically for the commando are terrible tier 4's (maybe someday they'll get better). I don't even use weapons that were specifically made for commando because the cross-perk weapons like the M16 and the Hm401 are just better options. Where as other classes that have class specific weapons and can only get buffs from their respective class, are chosen instead of the alternative cross-perk weapon option given to them.

Having the Mkb42 with a 30 round mag as a tier 4 will be what the scar should have been and finally give Commando a weapon, specifically tailored for it, to fill that Tier 4 spot.

in conclusion, the Mkb42 will be the much needed tier 4 for the commando that can only be adequately used by commando, so if you wanted to use the Mkb42 effectively, then you must play Commando, therefore adding value to the commando perk as a whole.

Last edited:
Upvote 0