• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT -Answering Questions... About a Zed With A Limp?

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    With last week's reveal of the upcoming Monster's Masquerade - today we wanted to go into details about some of these upcoming features and changes!

We want to start with a bit about our exciting new MC, DJ Hans! He is taking over Trader duties for the Monsters Ball map in the same way that the Patriarch taunts you along the way towards your demise in Endless, as well as in standard Survival play.

We've seen many of you wondering if the Knight Husk will have its armor stat increased in game to match its visual look for this update. The answer is no, however it will have an auditory metallic impact, as well as some gameplay changes - the Husk will open its chest cavity to fire from, which also exposes the critical point for players to shoot. Hans will also have some animation changes in how he moves and his attack patterns, but the intent here is that both he and the Husk will play out in familiar way.

And let us not forget the leading lady Zeds have also been waiting patiently to show off their concept art as well! Here is a lineup of some of our favorites, what are yours so far?
    lineup.jpg

As players explore the haunted halls of this upcoming new content, they will also find some new effects! Introducing the Headshot Pack - Players who purchase this pack will be able to swap out their headshots effects between several options, replacing those gory meaty pieces of brain matter (or something that passes for it) with more cheerful options this Halloween. Take a look below!:
    dosh.gif

party.gif

heart.gif

ghost.gif

splat.gif

By default the Headshot Pack effects are off for other clients, but they are able to turn them on via the gameplay options to join in on the fun if they wish!

Ok that headshot pack is really cool as expected, however imagine playing for example a SWAT mowing down 10 trash zeds. Don't you think that will be way too undersatisfying? Personally I believe putting it onto the larger zeds would be a more 'rewarding' way for the headshot thingymajig to activate?

Upvote 0
    D.A.R.;n2323534 said:
    Ok that headshot pack is really cool as expected, however imagine playing for example a SWAT mowing down 10 trash zeds. Don't you think that will be way too undersatisfying? Personally I believe putting it onto the larger zeds would be a more 'rewarding' way for the headshot thingymajig to activate?

To quote myself from a Steam reply I just made:
    Our initial testing with it in play has indicated they aren't too much of a nuisance during standard play, but we'll be keeping an eye on feedback and may be making additional changes as we continue to playtest internally.

Upvote 0
    Noooooonsense. Introduction of such particle effects will turn the game into even disgusting mess, optional or whatever. You could instead spend time on something players will evaluate much more; mhmhm, we already have Audiosurf for extra fancy particles. This game can go downhill Evolve-style if you keep offering content far different to what drives more people buying into it.

My 5 cents.

Upvote 0
    Zakxaev68;n2323540 said:
    Noooooonsense. Introduction of such particle effects will turn the game into even disgusting mess, optional or whatever. You could instead spend time on something players will evaluate much more; mhmhm, we already have Audiosurf for extra fancy particles. This game can go downhill Evolve-style if you keep offering content far different to what drives more people buying into it.

My 5 cents.

How it will be mess if i turn of this headshot effect?

Upvote 0
    Zakxaev68;n2323544 said:
    Is that a sarcastic question of yours? HoE games are purest of chaos, headshots everywhere. Any side you turn, brains going in your face, imagine blood splatter repeatedly changed to animations. Takes out the fun in enjoying the zedterror.

Let me make this clear, you are not forced to buy them or use them, you can turn off this animations in game options. So your gameplay expirence is not changed by this headshot animations. And i don't care if someone will use them because i will not be able to see them.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Damn, such an hard work with limited time skins.
    Havent you thought about adding a Theme as an option/mutator of map? You know, so players could host/join f.e. Haloween themed game during christmas? Or Vanilla theme during some event (there are some who prefer vanilla skin without further inovations).

Upvote 0
    Radio4ctive;n2323547 said:
    Let me make this clear, you are not forced to buy them or use them, you can turn off this animations in game options.

It affects immersion? Imo, isn't about buying, so is putting a different highlight on the game. A zombie game moving away from being a zombie game to an always paid DLC simulator.

Upvote 0
    Something about Volter's unedited voice makes me think of Brüno.

This update is looking better and better with each post. All we have left to see are the boss zeds, bloat and the two remaining clot variants. Everything so far is just so unique and crazy, Tripwire's creativity (or insanity) never ceases to amaze me! My favorite is the Fishpound, but the Invisible Woman is looking pretty sick as well. Hoping Poundemonium will be on rotation during this event!

Very glad to hear that this event will come with new animations for Zeds. There were some complaints about the Monkey Scrake's bobbing messing up headshots, but new gameplay elements are what make this kind of thing fun!

Not a fan of the headshot effects personally, but it's good to see that we can turn them on/off in the menu. I might buy them anyways just for some variety though, plus I'm always trying to find ways to support this game's development.

My only concern for this event is the music. We seem to be getting more and more music from Rocky Gray, and less from zYnthetic. Rocky's music isn't bad, but none of it is terribly exciting either. Plus, zYnthetic is part of what got me into Killing Floor in the first place! This is only a minor concern though. Counting down the days until October!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Zakxaev68;n2323550 said:
    It affects immersion? Imo, isn't about buying, so is putting a different highlight on the game. A zombie game moving away from being a zombie game to an always paid DLC simulator.

How does it affect you if you can't see it? Only the people who enable it will see the effects AFTER they purchased it. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SEE IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO! DON'T BUY, DON'T SEE! CRISIS AVERTED! You're also complaining about paid content but overlooking free content, which is the majority of all content update and always been the philosophy of Tripwire Interactive.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Here, here. As in immersion I mean... do some common sense, man. No matter what, KF2 does not need any more colorful elements - no matter if I want/don't want to see certain effects.

Oh yes, come on, every game has updates in the form of free content packs, offering actual stuff worth your gameplay time. Maps, guns, should be considered common things in update packs every studio does for free to attract players for the long run. Issue I see with this case: a studio putting the paid content mark on a cosmetic worth no gameplay value. Why not leave that for later and switch to delivering more characters in the game people will have MORE FUN using. Supporting game one wrong way may mean destroying your community. I dare say players did not vote for headshot packs, TW said before "we are here for the community's word". Yeah?

Next time gather feedback before doing anything on your own, consider yourself "fun". People have different meaning of "fun".

Upvote 0
    Zakxaev68;n2323560 said:
    Here, here. As in immersion I mean... do some common sense, man. No matter what, KF2 does not need any more colorful elements - no matter if I want/don't want to see certain effects.

Oh yes, come on, every game has updates in the form of free content packs, offering actual stuff worth your gameplay time. Maps, guns, should be considered common things in update packs every studio does for free to attract players for the long run. Issue I see with this case: a studio putting the paid content mark on a cosmetic worth no gameplay value. Why not leave that for later and switch to delivering more characters in the game people will have MORE FUN using. Supporting game one wrong way may mean destroying your community. I dare say players did not vote for headshot packs, TW said before "we are here for the community's word". Yeah?

Next time gather feedback before doing anything on your own, consider yourself "fun". People have different meaning of "fun".

As always instead talking about fun stuff in new upcoming update we talking about things that doesn't matter. KF1 had DLC too, but to me even worse, because there was a weapon dlc packs, but we all know how game developers works today, so games with full microtransactions is nothing new. Thanks god KF2 doesn't heave boosts or weapons pack dlc's. Personally i cannot wait for the upcoming update and try new stuff, i hope also there will be harder season chellenges. Btw i'm curious what costume we get after completing all tasks, maybe grim reaper costume like in KF1?

Reactions: JediPeaceWalker
    Upvote 0