• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT -Answering Questions... About a Zed With A Limp?

Zakxaev68;n2323560 said:
Here, here. As in immersion I mean... do some common sense, man. No matter what, KF2 does not need any more colorful elements - no matter if I want/don't want to see certain effects.

Oh yes, come on, every game has updates in the form of free content packs, offering actual stuff worth your gameplay time. Maps, guns, should be considered common things in update packs every studio does for free to attract players for the long run. Issue I see with this case: a studio putting the paid content mark on a cosmetic worth no gameplay value. Why not leave that for later and switch to delivering more characters in the game people will have MORE FUN using. Supporting game one wrong way may mean destroying your community. I dare say players did not vote for headshot packs, TW said before "we are here for the community's word". Yeah?

Next time gather feedback before doing anything on your own, consider yourself "fun". People have different meaning of "fun".

Man relax, you're being too vocal about a non-issue... They said you can turn off the effect, that means you will NOT see it and also TW did add new guns to this update AND a map. Some people demand too much and others go haywire over little stuff and you sir have done both. And lastly I might add you're being a tad petty and ridiculous. Calm down please and stop making a fool of yourself.

I see this as something positive because they added the option to those that don't want to see it, to not see it at all, and THAT means listening to the community. I personally think it litters the screen a bit much, but since I will be able turn it off at will, I can surely let others enjoy it since it will not affect me at all.

Reactions: JediPeaceWalker
Upvote 0
Too vocal, lol. Ye, am vocal for anything I like and anything I discourage of being done, 180 hours into the game atm, I have a say. I was suggesting KF2 goes slowly down the drain with few choices guys have done since early access. Already good part things fixed, I am 100% fine there. Still balance the biggest of issues. Again you spend time doing announcements on paid cosmetics while staying off the track on balancing schedules. What's more important?

I assure you don't need to worry about me being doubtful, community has laid its ideas to improve the game here&there. Only so not to get heard. KF1 still in my library if things flip.

Microtransactions are microtransactions, does good to games much like Universal producing RE movies ad infinitum.

Upvote 0
Radio4ctive;n2323563 said:
As always instead talking about fun stuff in new upcoming update we talking about things that doesn't matter. KF1 had DLC too, but to me even worse, because there was a weapon dlc packs, but we all know how game developers works today, so games with full microtransactions is nothing new. Thanks god KF2 doesn't heave boosts or weapons pack dlc's. Personally i cannot wait for the upcoming update and try new stuff, i hope also there will be harder season chellenges. Btw i'm curious what costume we get after completing all tasks, maybe grim reaper costume like in KF1?

Sadly if you go to SteamDB there is no Grim Reaper costume, but instead a precious skin for the MKB.

Upvote 0
Zakxaev68;n2323571 said:
Too vocal, lol. Ye, am vocal for anything I like and anything I discourage of being done, 180 hours into the game atm, I have a say. I was suggesting KF2 goes slowly down the drain with few choices guys have done since early access. Already good part things fixed, I am 100% fine there. Still balance the biggest of issues. Again you spend time doing announcements on paid cosmetics while staying off the track on balancing schedules. What's more important?

I assure you don't need to worry about me being doubtful, community has laid its ideas to improve the game here&there. Only so not to get heard. KF1 still in my library if things flip.

Microtransactions are microtransactions, does good to games much like Universal producing RE movies ad infinitum.

There are better ways of getting your point through, and with the headshot pack they're clearly not forcing users to "just deal with it" as we had to when the EDARs were initially introduced. Sure, the game needs balancing here and there, and people forget sometimes the work put behind every update, like getting back the beloved reload cancel. TW is listening, but they also have quite a big schedule ahead which is hopefully filled with better ideas than the initial EDARs released on the BETA (oh boy did I hate those). Hours put in the game gives you some more of value in your input, but also think about what the rest of players want, most of them want more content. You said you have 180 hours, I have 264 hours on KF 2 and 1,399 hours in KF 1, that doesn't make my opinion better than yours. Sorry that I was somewhat of a self-rightous inquisitor, and I really don't think TW did wrong with anything, that the headshot pack wasn't really the "clever marketing idea" they had, totally. But it's not terrible either, their microtransaction market is well done since you get no extra benefits from purchasing anything unlike KF1 where you got seriously good weapons via DLC.

Also... the sad truth about having a company is, it runs on money, and if you're not making money you're not "companying" well. People that work at TW don't work for free and high quality content costs a lot of money. I get some of your frustration, but maybe it isn't quite the time for that.

Upvote 0
I love the rest of the zeds btw, but I have to say something about the headshot pack. TW, I feel like it could have been done better like, remove that floating image that pops when a headshot is connected and add more chunks of meat and blood like eyeballs and mini puddles of blood, now THAT's a pack I'd buy. Could also be something like making zeds bleed green blood, or neon cyan colored blood, and changing the original meat chunks to some sort of biomechanic material tissue with circuitry and flesh/ flowers and vegetables/ assorted types of confetti, yeah... I'd buy into that. The floating image like the dosh sign or the SPLAT! or anything that lingers like that in the air feels like pure nuissance, although I personally thank you for letting us disable it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I don't get the big fuss. I think KF2 is one of my highest hours-logged games (at around 700hrs, not including the SDK). I see nothing wrong with TWI's practices for DLC content. The Headshot Pack isn't high on my Wish list but like others I do like to support the game & it's continued events & development so maybe I'll get it. I think the 'soul leaving the body' headshot animation looks the best of them all but otherwise it is all too unrealistic for my tastes. I don't get why people get mad though... some people like goofy **** in their video games & others don't, some like premium characters other couldn't care less- but it's what fuels the future development of the game; so if you're a vanilla, no thrills, no support kinda gamer then good for you but don't complain because you're not footing the bill anyway.

Reactions: JediPeaceWalker
Upvote 0
Meh... I've never been too fond of games turning into an effects cluster****. And seeing how headshots are more than encouraged in Killing Floor, it could clearly become painfully irritating very quickly.

Other than that, glad to see the Husk is being tweaked still! I believe it's the zed that got the most upgrades in Killing Floor 2. So far than they have began to be at least AS scary as the Siren.

(Speaking of which, am I dreaming or did you make her even slightly attractive!? )

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2323590 said:
(Speaking of which, am I dreaming or did you make her even slightly attractive!? )

You are dreaming. She's got a Glasgow Smile & tubes sticking through her cheeks... granted she is more "attractive" than the emaciated twitching corpse in medical rrestraints. The new holiday skin as the Bride of Frankenstein comes from a pretty sexified bit of fantasy but I have the feeling TWI will keep it more on the horror side of the fence. :)

Upvote 0
liamtranzig;n2323597 said:
You are dreaming. She's got a Glasgow Smile & tubes sticking through her cheeks... granted she is more "attractive" than the emaciated twitching corpse in medical rrestraints. The new holiday skin as the Bride of Frankenstein comes from a pretty sexified bit of fantasy but I have the feeling TWI will keep it more on the horror side of the fence. :)

And what if I told you that I'm into Glasgow Smiles because I'm a huge freak? *plot twist*

Upvote 0