• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT Scaring Up Some New Guns!

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone!

Last week we mentioned that the FN-FAL was the just community picked classic joining the Killing Floor 2. Today we want to go over all the arsenal additions!

Commando's rejoice, this update looks to extend the Commando's choices and multi perk selection to allow for more player options. The previously announced Tier 4 FN-FAL is targeted not just at the Commando perk, but for the Sharpshooter as well, featuring a 4X scope.
    fal.jpg

The other multiperk inclusion is the new HMTech-501 Medic Rifle. This fresh out of the labs augmentation to the HMTech lineup has an underslung grenade launcher fitted and chambered to fire Medic healing grenades at range. Slotting into the 5th tier weapon pool, this one is sure to keep your friends happy, and the Zeds dead!
    hmtech501.jpg

And one final weapon that is pure Commando. Sure, you've seen it before in the hands of the enemy, but isn't it time you turned the tables and took on the Zed's with this blast from the past? Announcing the Tier 4 MKb. 42 (H) straight out of whatever bunker that Hans has been hiding his collection in.
    mkb.jpg

Oh, and some more of our Halloween Zeds wanted a chance to show off their concept art before their official unveiling, so without further ado, The Cyst and Scrake!
    cyst.jpg

scrake.jpg

It's getting pretty scary over here. What do you think these Zeds are up to?

Looking good! Excited to giving all these new Commando weapons a try. I wonder if the HMTech-501 is going to be the first 3 perk weapon? That would be sweet.

There is a bit of confusion with the clot concept art - the bottom says it's a Cyst, but the in-game render shows an Alpha Clot! Which one is it? I would imagine that the concept art is for the Cyst, as that would make more sense for the "shambling undead ******" thing it has going on. But it's standing up like an Alpha!

That Scrake is just scary.

So far we have evil plants, imps/ghouls, cybernetic zombies and Frankenstein's monsters. That is quite the conglomerate. What are the Zeds up to indeed?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    FN FAL: as Comm/SS X-perk, I'm in!

HMTech-501: can't possibly be X-perk with Demo, there's no Explosive damage to talk about from that underslung launcher, I can only see a Comm/Medic X-perk situation.

MkB 42: X-perk with Gunslinger so we can Dual-wield them or we Riot! But seriously, why is this T4? Make it a T2 to give the SA80 a partner, since we can upgrade it anyway it does not need to be a T3 or T4, just even out the weapons over the Tiers.

Just my 0,03 Euro.

/DreaderVII

EDIT: I prefer A, but don't mind either of them. The Scrake looks sexy af, 10/10 would die to anyday!

Last edited:
    Reactions: missing_trigger
    Upvote 0
    FN FAL crossperking with Commando and Sharpshooter? now im even more excited for this. but since its available in Sharpshooter, im guessing its semi auto only? love the look of that beefy cold war classic!

Finally the medics are getting a new rifle, but i wonder, does it operate the 401's primary fire or is it more like the medic battle rifle from KF1 with slower, harder hitting rounds. and does the medic grenade recharge or does it have to be bought? im pretty sure it gives up the ability to fire the medic darts so it does not obsolete the 401 rifle. cant wait to use this becuase the medic's current loadout has gotten stale despite being such a valuable perk.

now im happy to use that stylish vintage rifle again but it should have a bayonet like volter's and do extra damage with the bash attack. wonder how it would compare to the SCAR and AK12 though. more ammo for less damage but still more power then the L85A1 but fills a similar role (and it dont need no fancy pants scope or red dot)

also loving that Scrake concept with that heat cutter. looks nasty! and the clots VR headset.

Also i hope there is an irony based achievement for killing Volter using the MKb.42

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I love you TWI, adding more love to my favourite perk. This alone has got me hyped more than any update before. Although the only issue I can see for the Commando players is that they will now have 4 tier 4 weapons to chose from and if you ask me thats a little too many. I believe the STG44 should be a tier 3 around the same price as the M16, as for the lower rounds we do not have a large variety of options and when we get to the high rounds we will now have too many options!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Zeds looking good. Version B is the best for the Clot and the Scrake looks awesome.

HMTech weapon is great. But the other 2 are a waste for me. I'll never use them when I got the AK and SCAR already. But variety is a good thing. I just don't like the look of those guns IRL. AK and SCAR look good and work great at what I use them for.

I wish you guys would just make a full set of original Tier 5 weapons for every perk for this Season event. The Sharpshooter has one and I think everybody should have one too now that the Medic is getting one as well. cough cough M60 for the Commando cough cough

Good job either way.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Vapid
    Upvote 0
    It looks like a slightly shorter mag is in the FAL, like a 15rder, rather than the standard 20rd? Nice difference from the SCAR and M14, so long as the damage makes up for it. (and maybe finally let commando play with some penetration, too?) 4x magnification sounds overkill to the point of being a hindrance, though, even for a sharp weapon, for KF2, with sprinting zeds spawning 15m away.

"Haenel's finest, indeed." Ever since Anton was added, with unused dialog for it, I've been wondering when Mkb 42(H) would show up. T4 seems a bit much for it, though, both because it's just a classic assault rifle, and because this will mean five T4 options for commando, two T3s, and only the bullpup for T2.

I like that the medic rifle has a distinct look from the rest of the HMTech line, and that it will have a different mechanic for healing. But I don't quite catch the implication for which way it will be "multiperk"? If it's medic/commando just like 401 is, that's a little disappointing. Medgun crossperks for perks that don't already have them would be good, more options for teamwork. If the rifle is semi auto, and its medic grenades have a good initial pop to them, and that makes the 501 a medic/sharp/demo crossperk, that will be sweet.

For the cyst, A's head on C's torso would let the gutlessness stand out nicely.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Ok, why FN Fal in all black? Cmon! Why you stoped with whole medic weapons theme? Why it's grey and red? Stg looks fine, I'm happy we finaly getting it (I also hope you'll give it those skins that Hans using on seasons, If not, I swear...), even tho it's kinda strange we get mostly commando only weapons, like for the love of god - do somesing with Stoner and M16! About zeds - just put all variants. Just do it. Do it.
    And last but a not least: Scrake is supreme - I'll give you that. I think no other seasonal skin will top that! (but please - do somesing with all that nerfed weapons, please)

Upvote 0
    imnrk;n2322740 said:
    Looking good! Excited to giving all these new Commando weapons a try. I wonder if the HMTech-501 is going to be the first 3 perk weapon? That would be sweet.

There is a bit of confusion with the clot concept art - the bottom says it's a Cyst, but the in-game render shows an Alpha Clot! Which one is it? I would imagine that the concept art is for the Cyst, as that would make more sense for the "shambling undead ******" thing it has going on. But it's standing up like an Alpha!

That Scrake is just scary.

So far we have evil plants, imps/ghouls, cybernetic zombies and Frankenstein's monsters. That is quite the conglomerate. What are the Zeds up to indeed?

There already is 3 perk weapon, the single spitfire its a Firebug, Gunslinger, and Sharpshooter weapon, but the sharpshooter tactical reload has been broken for so long (and probably other things) and I don't think it be worth using even if it did work.

Upvote 0
    I would definitely second the request that the MKb be moved down to Tier 2. The Tier 3 and 4 slots for Commando were already decently diverse but with all these new guns it's going to be downright bloated, and giving an option to diversify in Tier 2 would really open up choices for your upgrade path.

It would make perfect game sense if the Bullpup was your +ammo option, and the MKb was your +damage option at tier 2, with a smaller mag and capacity and lower ROF but higher damage per shot.

I'm really hoping the new HMTech-501 is a heavier caliber battle rifle like the old one in KF1, it would really be the touch it needs to separate it conclusively from the 401 rifle, give you more space to fire the grenades and reload without losing potential damage, and a harder hitting slower has been something Medic has been itching for for a long time, that the Hemogoblin just didn't quite fill.

Reactions: DreaderVII
    Upvote 0