• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Spooky Tidings And One Last Chance

I'll get the easy things out of the way first. M32 all the way.

The FNFAL. This will be the first gun in the game that I actually own. The whole selling point of the design is the adjustable gas vent, so that you can allow the weapon to function with minimal recoil. It's not a close range weapon, it's best at longer range where it doesn't move when you squeeze the trigger. I don't know how it pans out in burst or full auto, mine's only semi-auto.

Lastly, the Halloween Zed's/Theme/Map

How about something like Chernobyl, or the area surrounding. Abandoned and overgrown urban crawl. We'd need something to set it apart from the current official maps.

One of two directions for the map. Direction 1, something resembling the KF1 farmhouse. In this case, a giant warehouse resembling "the new safe construction" http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2017/ph241/gutwald1/

With the elephant's foot in there somewhere. There would be a tunnel on the outside of the large warehouse that wraps around it and surfaces maybe three times. So one wide open engagement area and a tunnel run around the perimeter. Simple, large. If you wanted to add an objective mode, you could carry water that's settled in the tunnel to keep the elephant cool. If you succeed, normal rewards and the tunnels open up more since there's less water. If you fail, the elephant's foot makes fire hazards on the stage and the tunnels flood, making them less useable. This effect could be cumulative, making the objective available each round even in endless.

Direction 2, A parallel set of abandoned/stripped apartment complexes. Holes in some parts of the floor for escape/hazard. Access to an unguarded ledge on the outside of each level where you can take your chances running from the zeds and get knocked off to your doom, or perhaps, with explosives, grenades, fire, or the berserker, knocking the zeds off to lower levels. It doesn't have to kill them, knocking a fleshpound off of a 3rd story ledge to buy yourself time would be fun. 3-4 stories total with a courtyard and a walkable perimiter. Similar again to a KF1 map. The office building if I remember correctly. Objectives if needed/wanted could be collecting documents each wave and bringing them to a Dropbox (I don't see why it would be anything but the trader pod)

The Zeds.

Make quarter pounds and fleshpounds into bears. Not bear suits, flat out brown and black bears. Make their eyes and mouths glow, and heck, throw a flux capacitor on their chest for the weak spot. Fleshpounds function like bears as it is anyways. King Fleshpound could be an armored butchered polar bear.

Scrake, make him look like one of the Street Sharks. Don't give him eyes, his head is just a giant shark mouth, his chainsaw is a sawshark head.

Husk, this one's easy. Hazmat suit, kelly-green fire. Hood too.

Rioter, a mutant tree, armor that breaks off is bark, everything under the armor glows a feint phosphorus green/white.

Gorefiend/fast put them in trenchcoats, black suits underneath. The trenchcoat color can change between the two. Brown for gorefiend, black for gorefast. Give them a good old time hat too. Like a deer hunter (Holmes) or a fur Cossack.

Siren - make her a scrawny werewolf and give her a coyote howl in place of a legitimate howl. Make it start off sounding like it's gonna be a real howl though. That way you still get the low to high range of their scream to play with.

Stalkers - give them a plague doctor outfit. The one with the point bird nose.

That leaves the three other bosses. I won't even touch Volter, you'll have something for him.

Patriarch, try to mock him up as some life size Small Soldiers figurine. GI Joe esque with big plastic muscles, screws in the joints etc. More action figure than costume. But military garb/boots/rank.

Abomination, to go with the radioactive theme I've proposed, make each one of his folds/bulges an extra face/head/deformed atrophying limb. Covered in eyes if you want. The armor can be a set of bandages which are like casts or a straight jacket, or some marriage of both. His little green guys glow a deep violet and the clouds are all violet radiation instead of bile. I forgot bloats, but it's easy to downscale this idea to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warlockboy42
Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2322728 said:
I guess he spoke about the .44 magnums, which were indeed pretty cool weapons. However, with the inclusion of the 1858 and the upgrade system, I don't see what they could bring.

Pretty much this. I just want meh aesthetics. 1858s feel too weak and .500s feel too strong to me, in terms of balancing damage vs price/weight/mag size/etc. I think the 44s would fit in the middle and I find their visual design extremely appealing compared to 1858 cowboy poppers and handcannon .500s. Of course, this is in terms of revolvers.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
pie1055;n2322819 said:
Pretty much this. I just want meh aesthetics. 1858s feel too weak and .500s feel too strong to me, in terms of balancing damage vs price/weight/mag size/etc. I think the 44s would fit in the middle and I find their visual design extremely appealing compared to 1858 cowboy poppers and handcannon .500s. Of course, this is in terms of revolvers.

I wouldn't rule out any new revolver, but I've mentionned multiple times the idea of the 1858 carbine... Or maybe the Taurus Judge with its shells? Something that would really bring a new quirk to the gunslinger.

Because while the .44 magnums are looking fine, sadly, they wouldn't be much more than a beefed-up 1858... Which can themselves be beefed up.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2322829 said:
I wouldn't rule out any new revolver, but I've mentionned multiple times the idea of the 1858 carbine... Or maybe the Taurus Judge with its shells? Something that would really bring a new quirk to the gunslinger.

Because while the .44 magnums are looking fine, sadly, they wouldn't be much more than a beefed-up 1858... Which can themselves be beefed up.

Like I said, it's a matter of personal preference and aesthetics. I'm not saying an 1858 carbine or gunslinger/support hybrid Taurus Judge aren't cool or that they wouldn't add new functionality to gunslinger, just that I miss my primary scrake-killing weapons from KF1.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0