• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Spooky Tidings And One Last Chance

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone!

With the Summer Sideshow now behind us, the team is working hard towards the next big event! Before going into more detail on that (and some awesome new media to lead the way), we wanted to cover some other topics we know you, the community care deeply about.

First up, for those who may have missed our teasing, hinting, and outright saying it during the Alienware livestream at E3.... the next community voted weapon is the FN FAL! We'll have some great new renders of it for you in the days to come along with the other new weapons joining the arsenal. Throughout the course of the Community Classic Weapon poll, several weapons have stood out as runner ups, the almost was, the could have beens. Today we plan to settle that debate in finality. Vote for your favorite Community Classic Killing Floor 1 weapon to return to Killing Floor 2! They won't be back on the next poll!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIEh1fmpu9pcotx8QLDAqt1AAul0foNU-7Qq0zwGGjGLVYdQ/viewform

Two other topics we'll be talking more about in the weeks to come are Matchmaking (it's being overhauled and rebuilt for a better player experience!) and ZedConomy refinements based on player feedback. These will be at the core of several Quality of Life improvements we are working towards for players, with more details to come as development continues. Some of the items we mention over the coming weeks may not make it into the next major update due to the complexity of the work involved, but we want you to know that work is underway!

And now for something special. This Halloween, the Zeds are dressing up in their Halloween finest and today we present to you the Halloween Clot and Crawlers.
    halloweenclot.jpg

halloweencrawler.jpg

What could the other Zeds be? Why are they getting all dressed up? Let this be an invitation of the mind if you will, what are your guesses for the theme, setting and Zeds for this Halloween?

Looks like Hillbilly Horror isn't going to happen. On one hand, I'm disappointed about that. On the other hand, classic spooks and whatnot have got me pretty stoked!
    I'm gonna guess that the stalkers or sirens are going to dress up as witches. FP and it's mini-mes will probably go Frankenstein's monster, which makes me think Volter will be gussied up as Frankenstein. I'll be pretty sad if Patty's not some eldritch abomination. Bloats? Idk, some fat, sheet-over-the-head ghost would be pretty funny.

Upvote 0
    IMHO, I think both the M32 and Thompson should be in the game. We already have a Tier 5 gun in the form of the M99, and it would only be fair if every perk in the game gets one.

Personally disappointed that the Mk23 isn't in the poll though, since that was like the best thing to off-perk as a Berserker. (Heck, they could've made it an on-perk Zerker weapon)

Upvote 0
    flashn00b;n2322516 said:
    IMHO, I think both the M32 and Thompson should be in the game. We already have a Tier 5 gun in the form of the M99, and it would only be fair if every perk in the game gets one.

Personally disappointed that the Mk23 isn't in the poll though, since that was like the best thing to off-perk as a Berserker. (Heck, they could've made it an on-perk Zerker weapon)

this poll got weapons that keep losing previous polls, so they wanna settle one from them, and remove others from poll forever(presumably)

Upvote 0
    missing_trigger;n2322517 said:
    this poll got weapons that keep losing previous polls, so they wanna settle one from them, and remove others from poll forever(presumably)

My main issue with Tier 5 is that if only a certain number of perks gets T5 guns, then it would give the impression that Tripwire is picking favourites. While i get that weapon balance is not an easy task, it's still not ideal to have one T5 gun for one perk while everyone else is stuck with Tier 4. (Honestly, T5 has its own set of problems that belong in another conversation)

Upvote 0
    flashn00b;n2322518 said:
    My main issue with Tier 5 is that if only a certain number of perks gets T5 guns, then it would give the impression that Tripwire is picking favourites. While i get that weapon balance is not an easy task, it's still not ideal to have one T5 gun for one perk while everyone else is stuck with Tier 4. (Honestly, T5 has its own set of problems that belong in another conversation)

who said they would not add T5 for other perks? This poll means we gonna get one classic weapon from three and other two will not be suggest again

Upvote 0
    If the crawler doesn't scream "FEED ME SEYMOUR!!" , I won't be playing that event at all.

I'll totally play it though

Now of course, I'll keep voting for the fire axe...The zerk got a new toy not too long ago, but that weapon was so criminally underlooked in the first game that people needs to seek it's glory in the second one.

However FN Fal...Really? When it was nothing more than a quicker shooting AR in KF1? You guys worry me.

Reactions: imnrk
    Upvote 0
    We could use more explosions. The Seeker doesn't cut it in the visual perspective and only shines during zed time if you have nuke selected. Most won't take it over the RPG because the damage is a bit poor on higher difficulties. Husk cannon may seem decent, but it's really for firebugs because you risk burning to death if the shot detonates point blank. M32 could provide a decent alternative for the RPG in terms of damage and hopefully make good use against the biggest zeds. I just hope it doesn't get any unnecessary weight penalties.

Upvote 0
    I think the M32 is long overdue to be added, when I think of KF1 the first weapon I think of is the M32. I'll be happy to see the FN FAL if its both sharpshooter and commando, I think it would fit nice there as a tier 3/4, semi auto/full auto weapon. Also crawler A I think looks better.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Kind of disappointing that we get 1 community weapon to pick from which results in a low amount of weapons getting added over the time. Really wish that it would be a huge batch of weapons to be released in some update, not no pick-a-choice on a poll which the losing weapons get lost in the void (Give me my Mk.23 :c ) Sort of want a huge WW2 arsenal update for the game as well. But one can hope, the game has been around for about 3 years now and it feels like there isn't much content to be around.

As for the Halloween zeds, I really hope the animations arent changed too much, was annoying trying to fight zeds when I was used to their animations from the Vanilla skins. Also please no objects on zeds which can block bullets like the summershow gorefast/fiends, got really annoying when it took more shots to decap because i was shooting at the blade of their head. Also, Crawler A.

Edit: I'd actually want the L1A1 as well, just Semi and Irons only. The optics would then make it a M14 reskin and that would be a little lame.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0