• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Update 1068

Couple of questions:
1.) can we at least refill up to half the magazine half-way through the dual reload animation?
2.) If you are fixing exploits and bugs, are you ever going to fix the bug where ammo is missing upon reload?
3.) this late in the game, why are we worried about these "exploits"? the difficulties have still been hard up to this piont.
4.) when are EDARs going to expload into the emp like you said in an earlier post?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
twolfe;n2322248 said:
Couple of questions:
1.) can we at least refill up to half the magazine half-way through the dual reload animation?
2.) If you are fixing exploits and bugs, are you ever going to fix the bug where ammo is missing upon reload?
3.) this late in the game, why are we worried about these "exploits"? the difficulties have still been hard up to this piont.
4.) when are EDARs going to expload into the emp like you said in an earlier post?

EDARs explode now :3 Try it for yourself, it's great fun.

Reactions: Denks
Upvote 0
JediPeaceWalker;n2322196 said:
Reload at empty, watch the clip/shells reset from 0, melee and shoot right away. You skip watching the reload animation finishing because technically the gun is already reloaded. I'm fine either way with or without this exploit but it's quite fun to time the reload-cancelling perfectly. Anyone complaining about 'zerker being clunky without reload-cancel hasn't learned to adapt and succeed.

Arkadeivitch;n2322216 said:
The real problem with EDARs is that they have no recovery time between each evasion.

EDARs' dodging mechanic serves the same purpose as other zeds' blocking. However, every single other zed has a recovery time before they can block again, but EDARs don't have that.

As a result, they keep jumping everywhere and this doesn't add any difficulty at all, only frustration, because you can't aim their weak spot efficiently unless they're in an attack animation (firing rockets, lasers...).

For me, that is the main problem.
I think they should have a recovery time.

For now, it just feels like this ↓

tenor.gif

Out of this many replies only two players are able to grasp what is basically wrong with the game in its current state...
Fixing reload canceling alone and removing the spx from the Gunslinger loadout with a specific buff for the Sharpshooter when using the SPX it would be a better update then the entire EDAR aids paired with useless upgrade system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
JediPeaceWalker;n2322196 said:
Reload at empty, watch the clip/shells reset from 0, melee and shoot right away. You skip watching the reload animation finishing because technically the gun is already reloaded. I'm fine either way with or without this exploit but it's quite fun to time the reload-cancelling perfectly. Anyone complaining about 'zerker being clunky without reload-cancel hasn't learned to adapt and succeed.

Arkadeivitch;n2322216 said:
The real problem with EDARs is that they have no recovery time between each evasion.

EDARs' dodging mechanic serves the same purpose as other zeds' blocking. However, every single other zed has a recovery time before they can block again, but EDARs don't have that.

As a result, they keep jumping everywhere and this doesn't add any difficulty at all, only frustration, because you can't aim their weak spot efficiently unless they're in an attack animation (firing rockets, lasers...).

For me, that is the main problem.
I think they should have a recovery time.

For now, it just feels like this ↓

tenor.gif

This many comments and only two players that can grasp whats wrong with the game currently. Slightly shocking.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2322177 said:
Line em up was useless anyways. That one extra point of penetration hardly means anything with pistols. Bigger weapons would make better use of that skill.

I liked line em up before the patch since M1911-pistols were able to oneshot 2 gorefasts/clots/whatever in a row while you still were able to instantly reload with reload canceling. Now, im not asking to revert this fix (in fact, i was happy about reload canceling being removed and im ok with this fix). Im just sad to see more and more skills being added to the useless tier, just like demos fragmentation round or swats bull rush ...

Upvote 0
JediPeaceWalker;n2322198 said:
So, make the revolvers more like the Lever Action Rifle and Centerfire? I don't think that's a healthy idea. While I do think Sharpshooter needs some buffing, I don't think it's with the guns. The combination of skills are quite unappealing to me when compared to Gunslinger.

Thank you for you're input. I've been debating this idea for a while and especially now as the revolvers are the only option if wanting to use the m99. Perhaps a change as simple as sticking d.eagle with it's faster reload is what we need. Not more guns that are heavy.

I've played so much sharpshooter that honestly the only buffs I can think of are rearranging weights. Even with the railgun lightened i can only hold a stock winchester. Why even bother when a fully upgraded winchester is easily one of the best weapons in the game and probably now sharpshooters best gun.

I now main a fully upgraded winchester and stock m14 and honestly you can't go wrong I find.

​​​​​

Upvote 0
pie1055;n2322957 said:
I need to start doing this.

I highly recommend it. I choose it over the centerfire because:
  • You start with it
  • Bigger magazine
  • Way cheaper ammo (you really do save a lot of money)
  • Bigger ammo pool
  • Seems to have the same thresholds for everything upto big zeds as the centerfire when both fully upgraded (you might save literally one or two bullets on a fleshpound, that's about it)
Having the solidity of the m14 also just turns you into a powerhouse, it's very fun.

Upvote 0