• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - No Time For A Bevy Lads

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    airship.jpg

Hello everyone!

Lockhart is back, and it seems his problems are never ending. Last you saw him in Killing Floor 1, you had helped him launch away to his airship. Now, having followed him, you find the sky a most dangerous place, and not just because you need to help keep the Queen Victoria running!

As the story unfolds, mercenaries will be tasked with several objectives as part of our first Objective style Survival map, featuring new objectives types: Weld & Repair and Operate & Control!

We are also pleased to announce the next Official Community map: Lockdown from Rewire
    lockdown.jpg

Waking up from Cryosleep [Technology Trademarked by Horzine BioTech], you find yourselves on a ship orbiting a planet near a red giant. The zeds aboard the ship have already caused mayhem on every single compartment. Eliminate the ZED threat before they tear the ship's hull to pieces.

And for those players who enjoy Endless we have some tweaks coming your way for the solo zed waves. Scrake and Fleshpound waves will be a bit more manageable as the wave counter goes up while the clot legion has found renewed vigor.

To the skies mercs!

..."while the clot legion has found renewed vigor"...

Aw, crap. I can't help but feel really nervous about whatever that means, for some reason.

The very first time I saw a clot wave pop up, before I knew it was a complete joke, I thought that it was going to be a classic zombie style slow moving but incredible deadly foes round. I wonder if that's what we're getting now...or perhaps a L4D-styled dog-pile rush-down? Time will tell, I suppose.

Upvote 0
    D.A.R.;n2318860 said:
    I love you Tripwire, but can we cut down on the space themed maps (unless its Moonbase).

I mean to be fair humanity in the KF universe has AI, plasma weapons, robots that can do what a human can easily, and 3D printers that can print functioning items with multiple materials. I think we would have a few space stations and even mars/moon colonies, at least in its infancy or on an achievable status.

Reactions: Reclusiarch
    Upvote 0
    Ramare;n2318851 said:
    ..."while the clot legion has found renewed vigor"...

Aw, crap. I can't help but feel really nervous about whatever that means, for some reason.

The very first time I saw a clot wave pop up, before I knew it was a complete joke, I thought that it was going to be a classic zombie style slow moving but incredible deadly foes round. I wonder if that's what we're getting now...or perhaps a L4D-styled dog-pile rush-down? Time will tell, I suppose.

They likely changed it so all clot variants will appear in a single wave, much like how both versions of the gorefast appear in their own wave.

Upvote 0
    Dr. Lethal;n2318863 said:
    They likely changed it so all clot variants will appear in a single wave, much like how both versions of the gorefast appear in their own wave.
    Could be. I hope it isn't that simple, though. If it were that with no other changes, it would still be laughably easy for a single SWAT to just sweep the whole wave solo even if it were a 6-player match. Something like quadrupled zed damage (though that would probably work better if it were still only Cysts) or doubled spawn density, spawn rate, max concurrent zeds and total zeds (if performance is a concern, make the zeds special with slightly lower texture resolution, slightly lower poly models and less gibbing; it'll be hard to notice when you're getting beat on by a deluge of trash ;)) in the wave would actually add some much-needed tension to what is otherwise a joke wave.

Slashers and Alpha Clots are still jokes. Heck, even if it were also guaranteed 20%~ Rioters in the spawn table it would still be pretty laughable but that would at least slightly hinder a SWAT's ability to just sweep the whole wave whistling all the way to the trader.

Upvote 0
    The hype is real.

It'll be interesting to see how TWI changes up the one-zedtype waves on endless. The first time I saw "Clots only" I was expecting mid- to high-hundreds of sprinting clots. Low damage, low threat, endless horde. It was a little underwhelming. I had suspicions by the time my first "Scrakes only" wave rolled around in a pub match, and it went about as well as expected. Fifteen raged scrakes later, I was feeling pretty put-off. I hope TWI leaves enough challenge in to keep it special though - especially for Suicidal and HoE. The upside of fifteen raged scrakes was it really felt like hell on earth.

Upvote 0
    So, for the first time since I played endless, I got a FP only wave. Now the question to ask shouldn't be whether we won or not, it should be: how long did it take before everyone was killed? Answer: 3 minutes, and only a few FPs out of 190 were killed. I knew FP waves were pretty much unbeatable, but they are sooo much worse than scrake waves. At least in that wave you have some control where you can slowly pick off the scrakes one by one. Can't do that with fleshpounds, because even if you manage to calm a few...

There's always gonna be 15 more enraged in a never ending cycle.

Hope whatever changes TW plans to do fixes this problem. When everyone was dead I counted at least 20 fps that were enraged.

Upvote 0
    Dr. Lethal;n2318910 said:
    So, for the first time since I played endless, I got a FP only wave. Now the question to ask shouldn't be whether we won or not, it should be: how long did it take before everyone was killed? Answer: 3 minutes, and only a few FPs out of 190 were killed. I knew FP waves were pretty much unbeatable, but they are sooo much worse than scrake waves. At least in that wave you have some control where you can slowly pick off the scrakes one by one. Can't do that with fleshpounds, because even if you manage to calm a few...

There's always gonna be 15 more enraged in a never ending cycle.

Hope whatever changes TW plans to do fixes this problem. When everyone was dead I counted at least 20 fps that were enraged.
    Maybe instead of being solely SCs/FPs (seriously, who the hell thought that was a good idea) they could be waves with double the ratio of large zeds to normal zeds and only the one type of large zed based on which wave type it is. So, only Scrakes and no Flesh Pounds/Quarter Pounds on the Scrake wave and vice versa. On Flesh Pound waves, if TW wanted to really be mean, there could also be a coin flip every time a Siren, Husk or Gorefiend is about to spawn and if it comes up heads then a Quarter Pound spawns in it's place.

Upvote 0
    Ramare;n2318936 said:
    Maybe instead of being solely SCs/FPs (seriously, who the hell thought that was a good idea) they could be waves with double the ratio of large zeds to normal zeds and only the one type of large zed based on which wave type it is. So, only Scrakes and no Flesh Pounds/Quarter Pounds on the Scrake wave and vice versa. On Flesh Pound waves, if TW wanted to really be mean, there could also be a coin flip every time a Siren, Husk or Gorefiend is about to spawn and if it comes up heads then a Quarter Pound spawns in it's place.

the scrakes wave wouldn' be the worst thing ever IF there was sufficient ammo. the NEC wave always sucks because of the Fps rage mechanic.

Upvote 0
    Ramare;n2318936 said:

If the FP wave was replaced with all hamburgers then it wouldn't be as bad, since by now everyone knows the hamburgers always come in a group. Plus, they dont hit as much as a FP would. However, there's also the risk of hamburgers killing each other in they spawn enraged like they do now.

Upvote 0
    It would be cool if objective mode branched out into semi open maps with multiple objectives that need to be done before leaving the level. Like fix a sentry turret or deliver something from point A to point B. Make the trader always avaliable at fixed points and zeds spawn faster and faster as more objectives get done. Each map should have like 4-5 objectives that award XP, dosh and vault dosh. I think this would flow the best with killing floor's core gameplay. Something like Helldivers.

Upvote 0