• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - One, Two, Three, Punch!

Kittenmittens

Tripwire Interactive Community Team
Staff member
Hello everyone,

Now that the Infinite Onslaught event has come to an end, it is time to introduce our mercs to some new best friends (in the form of an arsenal expansion)! Already announced is the return of the M99 Anti Material Rifle (AMR), but that is only the beginning! Today's weapon introductions have been written by a guest, to be introduced soon. Who could it be?

https://media.tripwirecdn.com/042718/m99.png

Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to the newest, biggest way to turn Dosh into deafening noise and horrible violence! At least that is what the manual from the techs back in the lab said... and little else (I checked!). The M99 AMR will be the single highest direct damage weapon available to mercenaries for helping them tackle those most challenging of beasts: clots, can't stand them!

https://media.tripwirecdn.com/042718/survivalknife.jpg

You poor, undercut Survivalists have suffered long enough; I have just what you need! I've made you a knife, the Goreshiv, bound to fix all of life's little problems. Stabbing fixes so many problems, am I right lads? I've got some ideas for some further enhancements, but they won't be available as soon as this Goreshiv will be.

https://media.tripwirecdn.com/042718/doomstick.png

Ahh, something of my own design, lads and lasses. I've heard you lot enjoy a good "Boomstick," so I thought about how to make some quick Dosh....I mean make an improvement on the design and tempt you most qualified, discerning customers into spending your hard earned Dosh. Introducing here for the first time, not found anywhere else, accept no imitations, the Doomstick (trademark pending)! Four barrels of love to love!

https://media.tripwirecdn.com/042718/staticshock.png

This last one is a real treat, ladies and gents. Another custom brought to you by yours truly for those who like their barneys up close and personal: the Static Strikers. Great for hitting those clots while they are up... and when they are down so they don't get back up! Now stop staring, this is no time for a bevy, more to see and do!

Thanks L! Now we have one more thing we want to make sure mercs are aware of; we've gotten word that a third party may have gotten their hands on the D.A.R. designs and there have been spotty reports of them showing up outside of standard deployments.

https://media.tripwirecdn.com/042718/edar.jpg

Keep an eye out for what we are currently designating the E.D.A.R with three sub variants: The Boomer, Blaster and Trapper. It looks like these rogue units aren't that easy to stop, and will keep up the fight even without their heads!

These E.D.A.R.S. appear to be equipped with different weapons. The unit designated Boomer is equipped with rockets, so don't clump if one looks like it is engaging you. The Blaster, ranged pulses of energy (currently assumed to hurt, but further live testing may be required for confirmation - hazard pay may be available). And the Trapper, as the name might suggest, immobilizes its targets with a different type of ranged beam.

We will have more on strange reports from the sky soon!

Oh man, that Doomstick got me so hyped up I actually gasped in awe when I saw it like a wee lad on critmas morning.

I can't believe you're adding in a triple-barreled boomstick!

Wait, what do you mean? It has four barrels? It has four barrels. Four barrels. FOUR BARRELS. FOUR. BARRELS!

I hope that the enemy DAR armour will be available via achievement/community group and not market, because it looks radical. Maybe basic shiny white and/or matte black for free and some camouflage/interesting patterns (and Horzine Elite as a Rare tier, perhaps) in the random drop pool?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
So, M99 is confirmed for having more damage than manual mode railgun? Combine that with the potential for T5 upgrading, and that sounds like a recipe for 1shot decaps of 6pHoE Fleshpounds.
The animation to wipe blood off your knife will be a bit odd, with a cross-guard of fingers.
Doomstick sounds like good fun, particularly if the altfire is handy. Two at a time, all four?
Static Strikers are a bit short on information. A berserker melee punching weapon with zaps, or a survivalist thing like the freezethrower with shorter range, or what?
The EDARs, are they collectively a new boss, maybe? I hope they're not among the usual zeds in normal gameplay, the enemies being modified clones is kind of a central theme of KF.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegeneralpoop
Upvote 0
Who places barrels like that? What's up with unnecessary futuristic design? I see a lot requests for normal guns, and while I don't mind unrealistic weapons, quadbarell boomstick don't need such drastic look. Same with gaunlets, they look like a mess. And you playing again with head mechanic? Really? I mean armor looks badass and I'd pay money to make my D.A.R. look like that(although again, no armor on "legs", cmon). And I wouldn't mind tesla husk and gunpound over this.
Edit: about "no head" - you already have headless running scrake, fix that first!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiji_wolf_virus
Upvote 0
That quad barrel omg :D Long realoading but then doom, i guess. Now i am thinking... can we get BFG gun someday?
Rest is...yeah, i like it (especially that militarized middle-finger :D ). Anyway, about M99 - what is the difference between that and a railgun? Honestly, i dont think these weapons could compete - railgun tech is much more efficient than cal. 50, and since both weapons are shoot-reload-repeat, i feel this is more like a reskin, than a new weapon. Cal. 50 weapon with 5 round clip and lowered damage would be much cooler - it would work different way than railgun, providing new strategies.

And about EDARs... are they new enemies who will stand against us? That description really leads me to this conclussion.

Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
Kittenmittens;n2318548 said:
https://media.tripwirecdn.com/042718/staticshock.png

This last one is a real treat, ladies and gents. Another custom brought to you by yours truly for those who like their barneys up close and personal: the Static Strikers. Great for hitting those clots while they are up... and when they are down so they don't get back up! Now stop staring, this is no time for a bevy, more to see and do!

TWI you absolute fiends.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, someone tried to stab a wall, had no fingerguard, slid with his fingers across the blade and cut them off. To prevent this from happening again, he made a fingerguard from the cut-off fingers... That's the joke here, right? You didn't just force-feed mescalin to the design team and told them to get cracking, right? Ah, who am I kidding.

Sounds quite like an update there. Lots of stuff, especially considering your last announcement. I am really looking forward to the next patch. Could it be that you picked my idea of an Ãœber-Zed team and made them robots? Not that I would mind, the more targets running around, the merrier.

Upvote 0
TonicBH;n2318573 said:
I was honestly wondering if you were gonna have more long-range enemies besides the Husk. These EDARs might be a nice change of pace.

Unless I'm mis-reading this and these are just cosmetic addons for the DAR player skin, in that case I'm disappointed.

Pretty sure they're just cosmetics, unless they actually have real weapons.

Upvote 0
No link posted for the goreshiv, this makes me sad! I am super excited for Survivalist to finally get its own knife. I knew something like this would happen when the prestige knifes were announced last week. Glad to see they addressed adding more to Survivalist, I was worried after they took it off the Trello Board!

Other weapons look amazing, although I can't tell much about them from this "special guest" description style. I guess I'm just too used to Yoshiro!

Edit: Nevermind, there is a link. I was too excited to find it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2318568 said:
Doomstick sounds like a T4 version for the boomstick, and reminds me of the Bandit-made weapons from Borderlands 2. Those things had multiple barrels and were fun to use, including some of the Torgue guns.

Totally! Bandit weapons were by far my favorite weapons in terms of style in Borderlands 2. Too bad they only worked with like half the characters. I've suggested weapons styled off Bandit weapons a couple of times in the past, looks like some of that is happening!

Upvote 0
M99 is gonna be the weapon with the most damage for a single shot? Sheesh... Wonder how the railgun will compete with it then. I'm sure it will belong to the T5 you mentionned last week.

The Doomstick...Ain't gonna lie, the name made me chuckle! Four barrels of pain when I suggested only three...That's insane. I doubt it will replace the boomstick completely in my heart, but it could surely find a special place as well. I dig the design as well, even though it's more "high-tech" .

I'm a bit more skeptical about the Static Shock, mostly because I don't truly know what it's meant to be... A berzerker weapon? A purely survivalist one? Something else entirely? More supportive or totally agressive still? Dunno... Just hope it will be worth the wait (and honestly, the zerk deserves a new toy)

I have absolutely NO IDEA what will the EDARs bring either (new mode? random wave... or even brand new opponents?) , but god damn... I'm so glad we're getting new foes! That's something I didn't think we'd get anymore! And robots nonetheless? Amazing... as long as it doesn't become too frequent.

I'm sure I'll devour that update like an ogre.

Upvote 0
So if the M99 AMR does more damage then the Railgun, what is its drawbacks? no-auto aim of course but since its a ballistic weapon and uses such a large round i would predict it is a non-hitscan weapon. high risk and high reward as it requires shot leading. this would make the M99 from stepping on the Railgun's toes and ensures both weapons have a purpose. and i suppose the greater damage can be explained by having the 50 cal round be much bigger and smashes against the target while the railgun's hypervelocity projectile is much smaller and overpenetrates the target.

The Doomstick looks very fun, however, would it have a fire all alt-fire or is it more like 4 round shotgun with a fast magazine reload?

The Powerfist is looking mighty interesting, bout time the Berserker gets a new weapon to play with. cant wait for fan gameplay footage to the theme of One Punch Man.
THREE, TWO, ONE, KILLSHOT!

i like the Goreshiv since i wanted a melee weapon made from a Gorefast's blade. though a bit disappointed its just a starting knife, it will still do anyway. and good for Survivalist anyway.

now the EDARs have me excited, probably even more the Gorefiend zed intruduction and i feel there needs to be more non-boss zeds (hopefully these are not new bosses). and i bet they are the opposite of "zeds". can still fight even after getting headshotted, have long range weapons, and i predict they will be weak in close combat. and actively avoid fighting in close combat. what i want to know is how common they will be? are they like the big zeds in which they announce their presence through an audio cue? also while headshotting them wont kill them, perhaps it will disable or weaken their ranged attacks.

The Boomer looks the most dangerous and i think it will be the longest range of the EDARs. are its rockets like the that of Pat's? seems too powerful for that. unless these rockets are far weaker and damage is more in line with the Husk's fireball but fires in multiple but no afterburn and less per-shot damage? or maybe it fires at a player's last known location rather then actively tracking you. and warns you with a visible target zone or laser sight allowing you to easily dodge its rockets if you keep moving?

The Blaster i guess would be the most brawly at medium range. it would be like Hans' custom rifles but its likely with non-hitscan ammo and less damage overall. but still i can imagine it being a priority threat.

The Trapper, makes me wonder if it will behave like the versus mode player siren with the capture attack. or if its immobilizer attack actually just reduces ground speed but you are still able to shoot back. becuase if not i can imagine this thing being rather broken otherwise. also it would be the most close range of the EDARs.

Upvote 0