• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Community Classic - Time To Vote Again!

I'm hoping we get the Mk23 so that Gunslinger (and maybe also Sharpshooter, would make for a better compliment to a railgun and .500 than the 1858) actually has a gun with sizable magazines other than the backup 9mm. The largest any other gun gets is 8 and that's actually a bit of a problem sometimes. Even if the Mk23 is just a tier 2.5 or tier 3 1911 with larger magazines, ammo stock and one more penetration, that's totally fine. Still better than the 3822 (AKA AF 2011-A1), it's ugly, it sounds kinda cruddy and is it just me or is that gun actually kinda garbage anyway? Given a choice between a 3822 and a DEagle or a .500, I would rather take either over the 3822. And while you could totally just buy all three, and that's really effective, that's also a dangerously expensive kit.

Also, if the animations are not at least equally as radical as they were back in KF1 we'll riot.
The M32 is probably going to win, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2318028 said:
Its no different thsn the crovel tool...I prefer to get a broad sword that's similar to the zweihander be put in the main game so everyone has access to it, not so you have to own Chivarlry just to have a decent weapon.

The reason it isn't going to be as different than the crovel is because TWI still hasn't learned how to balance side-grades properly, most likely because they have no interest of doing that it seems(trello points this out). Writing a thread on this now, up in a few.

Upvote 0
Regarding the Mk23, I can see where people on the Steam forums are getting at when they say that the weapon was redundant in KF1 and would be redundant in KF2. However, my use of it in KF1 has me thinking that the Mk23's strength actually comes from its off-perk utility, especially with Berserker weapons as crawlers and husks are annoying as hell to engage in melee. If it does return in KF2, I have to wonder if it could work as a Berserker weapon with gunslinger because of how it was utilized in KF1.

If you want my honest opinion about the Mk23 though, I think it could actually be a viable sidegrade to the Desert Eagle without being a Berserker weapon. (i.e: 12+12 rounds of 45 damage, .500 Magnum levels of penetration, maybe a faster Tactical Reload than the Deagles), but that's probably just me missing that lovely pair of crowd destroyers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
KBATN_Bobber;n2318097 said:
I also would like in see in game the Thompson with drum magazine and for a new nade,the white phosphorus grenade.

I'd rather have a thompson with the regular 20-rounds mag, but packing a stronger punch. The P90 is already the SMG with the tremendous mag.

As for the WP grenades though...Definitely. I actually liked them better than the molotovs.

Upvote 0
Servalion;n2318006 said:
Well, only Mac 10 was a vote option. Husk Cannon & Seeker Six were complete surprises to come back. Tripwire already had them on the agenda.

But I've never met anyone who seriously wanted the M99 back over the M32. Everyone in every game I played said M32. They all figured we had the Railgun, so what would the M99 do? Seems like the vast majority wanting the M99 back were rather silent.

I've alerted several KF2 compadres to the new vote. Many got excited until I told them about the "Tompson SMG" oversight. Now quite a few of us are sweating bullets. Many of us want the 1928 Tommy to return, but until we get confirmation of which Tommy this will be, its a total crap shoot. I've instructed several individuals to hold off on voting until an answer is given.

I'm someone who wanted the M99 over the M32, and voted for the thompson smg already :3

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2318109 said:
I'd rather have a thompson with the regular 20-rounds mag, but packing a stronger punch. The P90 is already the SMG with the tremendous mag.
Actually, that could be a cool balance direction. Like a tier 2 or 2.5 version of the SCAR, cross-class with SWAT and Commando. Small mags, above average reload times, expensive (for it's tier) ammo, less max ammo, below-average accuracy, high recoil, but very high (again, for it's tier) damage per shot and per second. That should stand out pretty well against the MP5/P90/UMP45 and the L85/AK-12.

Now the question is: would it be the completely classic design, the slightly improved model with a compensator and an angled foregrip, or a more modern design with black metal, gray rubber furniture, a vertical foregrip and illuminated ghost ring iron sights?

If the Tommy ends up winning, maybe they should hold another poll for what kind of Tommy gun.

Upvote 0
Ramare;n2318197 said:
Now the question is: would it be the completely classic design, the slightly improved model with a compensator and an angled foregrip, or a more modern design with black metal, gray rubber furniture, a vertical foregrip and illuminated ghost ring iron sights?

If the Tommy ends up winning, maybe they should hold another poll for what kind of Tommy gun.

Finally, someone else speaks up on this. I wish they could just clarify this, but at this point, I fear they're going to be silent until the poll is over. I'mma just vote for Tommy, screw it.

Upvote 0