• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spring Beta Update 2 Is Now Live

You guys need to cut the scrake spawns in half for scrake waves, or mix in some other zeds like you do for Poundemonium waves. It's not cool getting up in the 50s only to have 350 scrakes spawning in and blocking every path you have to kite, and everyone runs out of ammo after about 50. Everyone in the match just mentions how absurd this is when it happens. Scrake waves are the biggest outlier in endless mode that needs to be adjusted imo.

Edit: One other idea is slowing down the spawn rate, but I would still lower the amount spawned so the round doesn't take forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MikeHoncho;n2316365 said:
You guys need to cut the scrake spawns in half for scrake waves, or mix in some other zeds like you do for Poundemonium waves. It's not cool getting up in the 50s only to have 350 scrakes spawning in and blocking every path you have to kite, and everyone runs out of ammo after about 50. Everyone in the match just mentions how absurd this is when it happens. Scrake waves are the biggest outlier in endless mode that needs to be adjusted imo.

Edit: One other idea is slowing down the spawn rate, but I would still lower the amount spawned so the round doesn't take forever.

yeah, ammo is a massive problem. we did a scrake wave with 170 scrakes, and it took over 30 mins just for that 1 wave....and most of that time was spent running around searching for ammo. it was not fun...

Upvote 0
missing_trigger;n2316383 said:
Whole "random" thing should be nerfed, "only scrake" wave is okay as long as when it's not start right after wave 25, big zeds should replace trash slowly
​​​

I don't think it's ok to have a wave that is next to impossible on official maps (HoE) because the scrakes clog the entire lane, or it takes 30+ minutes on custom maps that actually have enough room to kite. Everyone I've played with feels cheated when it happens, like it was designed specifically to end your run. Even if you do beat it you feel drained and want to quit anyway.

Also, they need to lower the chances for cyst waves. They pop up way too much and they are too easy. I'll regularly get them 3 waves in a row and it gets boring.

Upvote 0
MikeHoncho;n2316392 said:
I don't think it's ok to have a wave that is next to impossible on official maps (HoE) because the scrakes clog the entire lane, or it takes 30+ minutes on custom maps that actually have enough room to kite. Everyone I've played with feels cheated when it happens, like it was designed specifically to end your run. Even if you do beat it you feel drained and want to quit anyway.

Also, they need to lower the chances for cyst waves. They pop up way too much and they are too easy. I'll regularly get them 3 waves in a row and it gets boring.

Read my post again, I agree with you, random scrake wave is stupid. It would be much better if big zeds replacing trash over time at much higher waves.
Edit: and since it turns out that endless mode is not actually "endless", yes, it designed to end your run.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2316413 said:
For big zed waves, they should make ammo spawns the same as if you were in a boss wave (in which all ammo spawns are available). Also, you should get a little cosmetic that your character is forced to wear for 12 hours if you die during a cyst wave.

And wear a nice cosmetic if you survive the Scrake's wave. I agree with more ammo, so you don't have to get separated from your team to look for ammo.

Upvote 0
VGames83;n2316466 said:
Can you tear a scrake's head off with a dud missile from the seeker like you can with the RPG? You know the dynamite+RPG combo? Haven't played Demo in a while.

No. the RPG gets a +400% dud bonus on scrake faces. the seeker does not, also i believe the seeker duds are about 1/6 the dmg of a full rpg.

Also, good luck on a scrake wave with dynamite..you carry a max of 5 and ammo box gives 1. most scrake waves (6 man) are at least 170 scrakes lol..

Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2316503 said:
No. the RPG gets a +400% dud bonus on scrake faces. the seeker does not, also i believe the seeker duds are about 1/6 the dmg of a full rpg.

Also, good luck on a scrake wave with dynamite..you carry a max of 5 and ammo box gives 1. most scrake waves (6 man) are at least 170 scrakes lol..

Thanks for the heads up.

Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2316503 said:
VGames83;n2316466 said:
Can you tear a scrake's head off with a dud missile from the seeker like you can with the RPG? You know the dynamite+RPG combo? Haven't played Demo in a while.

Dynamite I only really use if the scrake is raged. If you're a good shot you can get him solid with a good hit while he's calm, then get a followup for the decap.

Upvote 0
Watcher-45;n2316516 said:
Dynamite I only really use if the scrake is raged. If you're a good shot you can get him solid with a good hit while he's calm, then get a followup for the decap.

That's actually the only time I hit him with the Dynamite+RPG combo. I don't use anything but the M79 and RPG so I don't bother with him if he's not raged. I let my team piss him off. When he does rage then I take him out with the combo. I'm not that quick at aiming for the head.

Upvote 0