• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spring Update Beta 2 - Expected Release Early Next Week

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone,

Thank you to all who have helped us trial the first Spring Update beta. We are looking to push our second beta version early next week (target is Monday, but of course always subject to change)! Here are several highlights from the full changlog:

Balance
    Weapons
    • Mac 10
      • Equip speed is 40% faster
      • Total ammo capacity is increased by 20%
      • Damage is decreased by 16%
    • Husk Cannon
      • Equip speed is 40% faster
      • Magazine size is reduced by 20%
      • Fire Rate is decreased by 110%
      • Total ammo capacity is reduced by 13%
      • Ammo Pickup amount is increased by 25%
    • AF2011-A1
      • Fixed the fire rate on the dual pistols
      • Fixed the penetration value on the dual pistols
    • Hemogoblin
      • Damage is increased by 50%
    • Zweihander
      • Melee range is increased by 20%
    • Seeker Six
      • Dud round damage is increased by 20%
        • Dud knockdown chance is increased by 25%
        • Dud stumble chance is increased by 42%

Bugs
    • Fixed a gameplay bug with the Husk Cannon where you could rapid fire it and not consume ammunition
    • Fixed a SFX bug with the Husk Cannon where it would emit a massive particle effect on the screen when fired on an online game session
    • Fixed a gameplay bug with the Quarterpounds and all bosses where they were receiving increased damage from players passed wave 25 in Endless mode
    • Fixed several bugs with Die Sector
    • Fixed several bugs with Power Core

Reward Item Server
    The game now double checks how many crates a player has earned more often, making sure to grant any that the player is missing, and not granting one if the earned vs received count doesn't check out. This was the reason many/all users had crate issues opting into the beta. The check here did not initially account for the 5 gift crates given to all players.

We have also discovered that the reward server had a case where it could be too generous, where a client that did not get its reward immediately could ping back out again and get a reward, then be granted the first one which was pending. This would result in an extra crate(s). This should only impact a small portion of our users.

1)
    When i do that can use ports to redirect to maps or that a redirect works on FTP protocol ? This is not a whim but a necessity.
    Simple:
    [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=http://192.168.0.1:654/test2KF/
    or
    [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=http://mysite.com:654/test2KF/
    or
    [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=ftp://92.168.0.1/test2KF/

Working simple in Killing Floor (KillingFloor.ini):
    [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=http://192.168.0.1:54322/ytyrth77ht/
    ProxyServerHost=
    ProxyServerPort=3128
    UseCompression=True

2)
    And 1 more question ... Why KFServer.exe does not know how to work with many thread processors?

p.s.
    sorry for my english
    Ñ‹

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Reward Item Server
    The game now double checks how many crates a player has earned more often, making sure to grant any that the player is missing, and not granting one if the earned vs received count doesn't check out. This was the reason many/all users had crate issues opting into the beta. The check here did not initially account for the 5 gift crates given to all players.

We have also discovered that the reward server had a case where it could be too generous, where a client that did not get its reward immediately could ping back out again and get a reward, then be granted the first one which was pending. This would result in an extra crate(s). This should only impact a small portion of our users.[/QUOTE]

That's good news!

Has Tripwire patched all crate glitching methods for all platforms and there is a new crate coming out will this be bugged at times too?

Upvote 0
    Good news, weapon balancing are always welcomed changes as they bring something new on the table. Since you took your time into new weapons i hope you'll as well consider buffing some other guns (such as Medic SMG and Microwave Gun), i believe you have some in mind, right? :). I'd wait extra couple days for this.
    I'd love as well to see some Survivalist changes, just tweak in numbers, like +5-10% extra passive damage and so. No drastic changes (you probably considering reworking it completely) but some numbers just to see how it go.
    What can i say? One can only dream.

Upvote 0
    I would have kept the MAC damage instead of increasing its total ammo capacity. While the firebug is more than sufficient with it (due to the afterburn damage), there is very little reason for the SWAT to pick it instead of the UMP/P90. As a result, having even less damage will probably make it even less competitive.

Totally good with the husk cannon and zweihander changes though. Finally we're getting back a REAL sword!

Reactions: missing_trigger
    Upvote 0
    Yay now the Zweihander might actually feel like a greatsword, instead of a big machete.

The Hemoglobin buff is also welcome, but i'd preferred the debuffs the weapon applies to be buffed instead, so it feels more like a supporting weapon.

I'm a bit disappointed that the Medic SMG or MWG didn't receive buffs of some sort, because they definitely could use some.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2315892 said:
    Melee range is increased by 20%

Best news ever! After the original nerf I always felt the reach was too short for the visual length of the sword. The "poke of doom" was ridiculous, and did need nerfing, but the reach was reduced way too much. So many times playing Zerker with the Zwei I go to stab and stop my advance too soon and whiff. Doesn't happen quantifiably with the katana, that reach seems accurate to the model, but the Zwei has never quite felt right.

Glad to see the MAC got an equip speed buff, but I'm not that keen on the damage nerf. It kind of reduces it to a decent firebug only weapon when it could be both a good firebug weapon and SWAT weapon.
    It shoots a .45ACP so it should be powerful. With the burn damage I can see it not doing UMP-45 damage per shot, but at 30dmg it was a decent alternate to the P90, especially at the same price as the P90. The P90 has the capacity advantage, but the MAC has the burn bonus, for the same money it all boils down to which one you like better.
    25 dmg isn't that big a change from 30, but without an additional buff like decreased cost there's no reason to pick the MAC over the P90 as a SWAT character. For the same Dosh a P90 would have more ammo, larger magazines, AND do more damage per shot. No brainer.
    Now, if the MAC was $800-900, maybe we can still be friends.

Not sure the Hemogoblin needed a 50% damage bonus, but even a flat 5% damage increase to all Medic weapons would have been welcome instead.

Husk cannon definitely needed nerfing (but maybe nerf the muzzle flame effect as well so it's not totally blinding to use?), SeekerSix definitely needed buffing (maybe could use even more still).

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    While the Mac-10 indeed needed faster equips, and more ammo is nice, I was initially ok with the damage nerf until I heard that its base damage is only 30. Considerably less than I expected. Probably due to its RoF. But the damage nerf would place it around 25 damage. Suddenly, it becomes subpar for SWAT.

Just for comparison, the MP5RAS does 24 damage, shoots about as fast, super stable recoil, and is nearly half the price.
    The P90 does 30 damage, has a way bigger mag, shoots about as fast, and is the same price.

The nerf will put more of the damage burden on the fire DoT, which will be offputting to many.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Servalion;n2315999 said:
    While the Mac-10 indeed needed faster equips, and more ammo is nice, I was initially ok with the damage nerf until I heard that its base damage is only 30. Considerably less than I expected. Probably due to its RoF. But the damage nerf would place it around 25 damage. Suddenly, it becomes subpar for SWAT.

Just for comparison, the MP5RAS does 24 damage, shoots about as fast, super stable recoil, and is nearly half the price.
    The P90 does 30 damage, has a way bigger mag, shoots about as fast, and is the same price.

The nerf will put more of the damage burden on the fire DoT, which will be offputting to many.

Well, problem is, MAC10 takes 4 weight (same as MP5). It should have been T3 weapon, but it can replace MP5 along with Kriss and P90/UMP45 for SWAT. So yeah, it kinda makes sense. Now it is like T2,5 compared to other SWAT weapons.

Upvote 0
    Heres how i'd fix the P90 vs MAC 10 balance issue:

Reduce the P90s damage from 30 to 28, but increase its RoF from 857 to 919. Technically this would be a buff, but it's so minor that it would barely make a difference gameplay wise. Then increase the MAC 10s damage back to 30 and reduce the fire damage by 16%.

These changes would most likely make both weapons equally viable to SWAT players. The MAC 10 as a Firebug weapon would probably still remain viable, even with the fire damage nerf.

Upvote 0
    RaNdOmKiLs666;n2316006 said:
    Heres how i'd fix the P90 vs MAC 10 balance issue:

Reduce the P90s damage from 30 to 28, but increase its RoF from 857 to 919. Technically this would be a buff, but it's so minor that it would barely make a difference gameplay wise. Then increase the MAC 10s damage back to 30 and reduce the fire damage by 16%.

These changes would most likely make both weapons equally viable to SWAT players. The MAC 10 as a Firebug weapon would probably still remain viable, even with the fire damage nerf.

The RoF got me thinking. I wasn't really sure offhand what the MAC 10's true RoF was, but the rate used in game felt off, so I did a quick Googling, and was just as quickly surprised - they had to seriously tone the gun DOWN to bring it back.

Get this - The MAC-10 is chambered in 3 different rounds, all of which fire way faster than we see here. 1,250 rounds/min. (9mm), 1,090 rounds/min. (.45 ACP), and 1,380 rounds/min. (.380 ACP). All way faster than the 895 RPM in game. Now the original generally had at least 2 factory mag types - 30 round .45 ACP Stick mags, and 32 round 9mm Stick mags.

If this factoid was taken to heart, and the KF2 MAC-10 is indeed 9mm, suddenly the damage nerf makes sense. It's brought in line to close comparison with the MP5.

Still, I'm left wondering over its potential. It feels weird now that I know that it should be firing over 40% faster than it is now - surpassing even the Kriss.

What if the gun's real RPM was reinstated and the price was jacked up by $100? Suddenly its back in T3 status. Its blistering DPS would easily be kept in check by its lower range potential - its already hardly stable compared to most other SWAT options, and 1250 RPM could make this a fun but bucking bronco.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I do wish they would give the MAC10 the actual rate of fire. Also, the recoil is pretty ridiculous, and by that I mean that thing should be kicking up like a mule (which it did in the original Killing Floor), but it barely even moves here. 9mm at that rate of fire without even using the stock... yeah, you get my drift.
    Nerfing its damage does make sense, though. I actually expected that. That thing's a bone shredder in a firebug's hands. It's not supposed to be a tier 3 for SWAT, it's a firebug weapon, of course it'll take a hit in cross-perk usage. I just hope it wasn't too big of a nerf.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Veny;n2316000 said:
    Well, problem is, MAC10 takes 4 weight (same as MP5). It should have been T3 weapon, but it can replace MP5 along with Kriss and P90/UMP45 for SWAT. So yeah, it kinda makes sense. Now it is like T2,5 compared to other SWAT weapons.

Tier 2.5 would be fine at a tier 2.5 price. At the same price as the P90 it makes zero sense for a SWAT to use. If it cost somewhere between the MP5 and P90, like $900, maybe it would be more viable.

Upvote 0