• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - I Think We Started A Riot

Hmm I'm thinking a KingScrake would be more of a challenge. Maybe even replace the chainsaws with battle axes from abomination?!

5676C0A31C10F9972AA3ECC0866DA16957698971

b_350_20_000000_F4301D_1FCE01_FFFFFF.png

Upvote 0
omano;n2314898 said:
it does, zeds are manufactured mutants. what do you mean?

What you said answers his question perfectly, like you said Zeds are man-made mutants so the weapons and armor would've been attached onto the Zed whilst being created. Look at the Abomination for example, his armor is attached to his flesh, I don't think Abomination barbarically attached it to himself. The Rioter's armor looks like it is fused into it's flesh as well so, yeah. As for Zed intelligence.. Well some Zeds are capable of speech (such as the Bloat, Stalker, Siren and the previously mentioned Abomination). Husks are smart enough to use a frigging plasma cannon and will suicide when they are about to die, clearly showing some level of intelligence. Personally, I think it varies from Zed to Zed, Zeds like Clots, Slashers and Cysts seem less intelligent as they show only primative instincts while Husks and Zeds capable of speech seem more intelligent.

Last edited:
Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0
The Rioter looks like an Alpha Clot with shrunken Abomination armor on. His armor's mounting rods also look a bit silly; he looks like a metal clad football coach. The gaps in his armor & those between skin-surface & armor backing are seemingly large. His mouth also appears encumbered by the armor plate over it... making his rallying cry less believable. I'd Invision something like a metal vent or megaphone grafted over his lower face to where the mounting brace protects his face.

I also prefer that the Zeds maintain an experimental grittiness to them rather than a Mad Max improvised army feel (which the Rioter gives off).

I already found Alpha Clots to be very spongy so this evolution is a bit of a let down to be honest.

​​​​​​​Otherwise every other element of this update sounds amazing. Well done TWI!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could you please stop putting metal plates on every zed, and actually do something original?

I find this new "design" of the Elite Alpha to be an abomination, since thhe plates look completely out of place.

I seriously hope that this won't start a trend of """"""""""""""updating""""""""""""" every zed ingame, respectively making elite versions look like zeds with trash glued onto them.

Upvote 0
I quite like the idea that the Zeds are evolving as time progresses, really, it's as if the Patriarch is reacting to the human's increasing armory and updating his creations accordingly.

Although I was expecting an armored large Zed, I suppose this does address the community's request for an armored Zed (kind of).

It is also wise for TWI to keep mum on a release date until they are ready, a lot of other devs have been doing the same so as to allow enough time for them to work on the update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0