• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Look Sir, DARs

pixel;n2314539 said:
FLCL reference, nice

Beat me to it!

I also hoped for a beta starting this weekend as I'm in holidays next week... Guess I won't be able to partake in the fun when it will land :(

I have to say you made me interested in DAR with those skins. They look pretty neat! I hope we won't get all of them too quickly though.

Getting more XP and character-specific items sounds like the right way to improve "Stand your ground" slightly, because right now it truly got boring after a few matches... Because you could as well not bother and wait one more wave and you'll get your T4 anyway. Plus having yet even more items is truly welcomed (because I've been dropping the same junk for months now...)

Upvote 0
More options to play stand your ground is good, but if adding it to all maps means all options to play vanilla maps without it have been removed, I don't like the sound of that at all.

Ignoring it is an option, yes, and that's fine on a private server of people all either wanting to play it or ignore it, but when all public servers will have a mix of people interested and disinterested, this hard-set team-effort feature will just be an unsatisfying disruption to things, half the time.
--If you don't want to stand your ground, but your team generally does, you either ruin their fun by ignoring the sub-objective, or you can feel obligated to play the way you don't want to. For example, a gunslinger getting little use out of his speed bonus because he's stuck in position, trying to headshot zeds while his screen is all orange and the zeds are all stumbling and panicking because the firebug has to be nearby, too.
--If you want to stand your ground, but your team doesn't, well too bad, better luck next server.
--If you and the rest of the team want to try to stand your ground, but your team doesn't want to or can't specialize their perk/equipment/playstyle in order to survive standing still while six QPs and two raging FPs spawn 15m away, you probably can't carry them, and there will be no option where stand your ground is worthwhile to attempt in latter waves.

These problems don't appear too much on Krampus's Lair, because it's currently one of few options to play stand your ground, and it has always been a stand your ground map, so most people not wanting to play stand your ground properly will go to other servers, vote for other maps.
However, these problems are already appearing with the West London map port that has stand your ground. Some people join for the classic map and want classic natural gameplay, while others want to play the sub-objectives, and that's a mess half the time: how adding stand your ground to all vanilla survival maps will be.

A server setting allowing stand your ground to be disabled, and a respective filter in the server browser for that, on/off/either, should be included. That way, when you join a server with it enabled, you can expect lots more teammates to want to join you in the sub-objectives, and when you join a server without it, it's no concern at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crisstation
Upvote 0
Yoshiro;n2314511 said:
LVL 25
dar25.jpg

Hmmm, I was just wondering when Horzine is gonna run out of gold paint, apparently -- not anytime soon.

Upvote 0
You're the only one who reported it as far as I know (and as off topic in an announcement thread not in the proper forum). So you might have a problem on your side. There is the Tripwire support website where you can open a ticket to have some TWI staff look into your issue but honestly, I don't know anyone who has his dailies who do not work.

Edit: I found one person who reported having this issue actualy on 01.05 but he posted one message and never replied.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One thing i really want to know is if the endless mode will be playable on custom maps. I could see TWI not doing this, due to people just perktraining to the 25th wave. But even if you disable the DAR unlock mechanics, and vault dosh increases, i would still love it on custom maps.

IDGAF if people want to get their lvl 25 dar skin the first few hours of the patch by cheating, i just want to play my custom maps. In fact, IDGAF about people.

Reactions: Bladerunner42
Upvote 0
I find endless mode very interesting, and kudos on the TWI crew. Don't quite care much for the skins though, lol.

But if the rewards on endless mode is for bragging rights, I think it is better if it is restricted on developer maps or white-listed maps, since someone can simply conceive a cage-map for farming. I mean, heck, there are even maps where the Zed paths aren't properly mapped, so they just goof around in a spot.

It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel which defeats the purpose.

Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2314685 said:
One thing i really want to know is if the endless mode will be playable on custom maps. I could see TWI not doing this, due to people just perktraining to the 25th wave. But even if you disable the DAR unlock mechanics, and vault dosh increases, i would still love it on custom maps.

IDGAF if people want to get their lvl 25 dar skin the first few hours of the patch by cheating, i just want to play my custom maps. In fact, IDGAF about people.

Honestly, the perk training nonsense happens with players regardless.

I hope we get endless mode options for ANY map we play. Not sure how that would work though if TWI doesn't support the map? Wouldn't the map authors need to alter their work to account for the new mode in some form or another?

Upvote 0
TheAphabet;n2314695 said:
I find endless mode very interesting, and kudos on the TWI crew. Don't quite care much for the skins though, lol.

But if the rewards on endless mode is for bragging rights, I think it is better if it is restricted on developer maps or white-listed maps, since someone can simply conceive a cage-map for farming. I mean, heck, there are even maps where the Zed paths aren't properly mapped, so they just goof around in a spot.

It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel which defeats the purpose.

So you think we should limit the mode, making it worse, just so peoples bragging rights have more credibility?

Upvote 0