• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Going forever, and ever, and ever..you get the picture

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone,

Today we want to introduce you to both upcoming maps that will be joining the Killing Floor 2 lineup.

For those who enjoy Holdout style maps, Powercore (created by community mapper Motormouth) should be right up your ally! This subterranean facility has had a few lives, and seen some better days. Now, it will be your job to find out just who is in charge of its most recent revival, and why it is full of Zeds.

powercore.jpg

And the Patriarch himself has a new offering to present: DieSector. This arena was created for him to test out his latest and greatest creations, and you've somehow found yourself right in the middle of it.

diesector.png

It is here that he intends to endlessly subject you to the horde until you succumb. And yes, we do mean endlessly, but only if you can survive of course.

So here is how it will all work. Endless is a brand new gamemode that will be selectable for all existing maps (with the exception of holdout style maps), with the difficulty ramping up as the waves grow in number. DieSector is an arena map built to work together with this mode, opening up the playspace as the waves increase. And did we mention that the Patriarch will be taunting you along the way.

http://media.tripwirecdn.com/012618/paty1.mp3
    http://media.tripwirecdn.com/012618/paty2.mp3
    http://media.tripwirecdn.com/012618/paty3.mp3
    http://media.tripwirecdn.com/012618/paty4.mp3

So start getting your weapons ready, oh, you want some new ones. Check back next week!

Last edited:
    Hmm, Powercore. kinda looks like Husk Factory, which was a decently designed but a bit too cramped map. though i never played on powercore, im interested in seeing how this turns out.

DieSector is such a cheesy name it makes sense Pats came up with it. And i bet this is where Pats shops at

Still, new stock maps are always good and having 2 new ones is what the game needs right now.

Also has the Hold your ground feature been retroactively added onto the rest of the game's stock maps yet?

Upvote 0
    Eight Foot Robot;n2313754 said:
    Upon second examination, powercore is a holdout map. i honestly hope the mappers dont make them too cramped. which is a constant problem with that gamemode.
    like in Nightmare, less like the stalingrad looking trench zone and more like the circus zone which has room to maneuver.

Most of the rooms in that map are pretty big. Spawns are really, really high though.

Upvote 0
    Never played those maps ~~~ Guess it will make for a nice surprise!

Makes sense to have an arena-type map for an endless mod ! I do hope it will be available for every map though (why not?) . A bit bummed that we're seeing yet again the concept of "evil genius' lab" but I guess it's part of Killing Floor's essence. Anyway, it's quite good that we have FOUR types of maps now, but it will be difficult to balance them all out in future updates eh?

Powercore reminds me a bit of multiple KF1 maps : foundry,husk-factory and biohazard. I guess it's, once again, the very "industrial" tone of it! Why not, I hope it will be pretty cool.

Patriarch's quotes are so cheesy it's glorious! That's why he'll forever be THE boss of the game ;-) ... I do hope we'll have a future map with Hans though!

And finally... Hyped as hell for next week yeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Lorkenpeist;n2313746 said:
    Aww yeah I'm going to see how many hundreds of waves I can survive as a level 25 zerk on Normal! Seriously though, i am looking forward to endless mode and I hope there will be achievements for certain milestones, as well as perhaps some bonus vault dosh.

Yoshiro;n2313739 said:
    with the difficulty ramping up as the waves grow in number

;) :)

Upvote 0
    LunaticMaster;n2313784 said:
    Another Holdout map? Please no more of these maps! Me and many other player prefers the decent sized normal maps. Holdout maps are just too small, so i wish we could get more of the normal maps like Burning Paris or the Infernal Realm.

Some people prefer Holdout maps to normal maps.

I like what they're doing with this update, releasing both types of maps so that both types of players can be happy.

Upvote 0
    LunaticMaster;n2313784 said:
    Another Holdout map? Please no more of these maps! Me and many other player prefers the decent sized normal maps. Holdout maps are just too small, so i wish we could get more of the normal maps like Burning Paris or the Infernal Realm.

So they should release updates only to please people like you? 'please no more of these maps' => ho yeah we got so much holdout maps!!! (hu wait... ho yeah one holdout map!).

Reactions: Bladerunner42
    Upvote 0